Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any immersive "space" games out there?

My Cars
    My two legs
    Quote Originally Posted by KnudsonsM3 View Post
    Star Citizen release date is sometime in 2016
    However, they have a battle arena already.

No Man's Sky?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis T View Post
    Hauling Marines around the world is the equivalent to driving around town with a kennel full of trained honey badgers that are all hyped up on meth and then dropping them off at a nursery. Also as long as you feed them and give them somewhere to sleep, they'll be your friend....and again, don't poke them.

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Quote Originally Posted by Foglght View Post
    For my annual Christmas "do nothing" break I grabbed the Mass Effect trilogy. Almost finished all 3. Great games, but I suppose you really do need to play through all 3 to "get it."

Cool games though!
    yeah bumping an old one

I still really don't "get it"

the ending sucked

the DLC ending sucked

if you have a couple of hours to kill.... youtube clever noob indoctrination theory... 3+ vids I think... Not saying I agree with it 100% there is a huge subreddit as well.
    Jessica marzipan from Bioware during the E3 conference kinda confirmed it... one of the many reasons ME4 is being pushed back... all new galaxy and new protagonist... we will never play as shep again.
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

"Sex is safe & racing is dangerous" -Hans-Joachim Stuck

My Cars
    JK, SE30, Motorhomie
    That's ok with me not to play shep again. I'll be cool with whatever since I probably won't buy it until it is 2+ years old.
    Yep, its broken....

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    Elite Dangerous?
    thanks to you... I discovered this game...too bad my 5 yr old shitty PC cant run it LOL ill be building one soon... good news is..its coming to the Xbone.. guess ill play it there until I finish my build

"Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

My Cars
    My two legs
    From what I've read, Elite Dangerous doesn't have a lot of content yet. They should be dropping some soon, but let me know.

What I really want is a starship type game. Not just fighters, but capital ships. Something along the lines of Star Trek Bridge Commander, but more expansive.
    Hauling Marines around the world is the equivalent to driving around town with a kennel full of trained honey badgers that are all hyped up on meth and then dropping them off at a nursery. Also as long as you feed them and give them somewhere to sleep, they'll be your friend....and again, don't poke them.

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    What I really want is a starship type game. Not just fighters, but capital ships. Something along the lines of Star Trek Bridge Commander, but more expansive.
    I'm unfamiliar with the Trek game, but have you given the Homeworld reboot a shot? I've been enjoying it quite a bit and, if I am understanding you correctly, it seems to be close to what you're looking for.

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Star Trek Bridge Commander
    awesome game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart951 View Post
    Homeworld reboot a shot?
    I forgot about that...loved the OG game in 99

My Cars
    My two legs
    Didn't know there was a Homeworld reboot

My Cars
    Are Slower than yours.
    Last edited by MassiveWalrus; 08-12-2016 at 06:38 PM.

My Cars
    My two legs
    Quote Originally Posted by rob22sf View Post
    awesome game.

I forgot about that...loved the OG game in 99
    There were some amazing mods for Bridge Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveWalrus View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/HPuyxT7.png

[video=youtube_share;AE0nuW-mQ8A]https://youtu.be/AE0nuW-mQ8A[/ideo]
    It's obvious that the designers really had no theme or purpose behind that game. Which is a shame because it has some incredible potential.

My Cars
    Are Slower than yours.
    It's obvious that the designers really had no theme or purpose behind that game. Which is a shame because it has some incredible potential.
    What a shame...

My Cars
    My two legs
    What a shame...
    Indeed. And with Sony backing it, I am not optimistic about modding tools and source code being released for it. A re-make of X-Wing Alliance would be amazing.

My Cars
    Are Slower than yours.
    Indeed. And with Sony backing it, I am not optimistic about modding tools and source code being released for it. A re-make of X-Wing Alliance would be amazing.
    You hear any ETA for a PC release?

yeah Xwing would be badass

My Cars
    My two legs
    You hear any ETA for a PC release?

yeah Xwing would be badass
    For PC? It's already out. Tons of issues

My Cars
    Are Slower than yours.
    For PC? It's already out. Tons of issues
    Goes to show you how out of the loop i am.

My Cars
    1996 ///M
    No Man's Sky is ok, kind of boring. It's a nice experience for a few hours, though.

My Cars
    TBD
    Star Citizen's latest gameplay = seriously impressive ....

My Cars
    My two legs
    We've been waiting for Star Citizen for years.

My Cars
    Are Slower than yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post
    Star Citizen's latest gameplay = seriously impressive ....
    unzips pants....

We've been waiting for Star Citizen for years.
    aaannnddd I finished.

My Cars
    My two legs
    I love the concept of SC, but I think this is what happens when a genius has no upper level management or cutoff. It has far surpassed what it was originally described. He just keeps adding and adding to it. Which is great, but in his mind, it will never be "done"

My Cars
    330xi
    I love the concept of SC, but I think this is what happens when a genius has no upper level management or cutoff. It has far surpassed what it was originally described. He just keeps adding and adding to it. Which is great, but in his mind, it will never be "done"
    Not to mention the highest package you can buy is 15,000 dollars!!!! Didn't check it out but the cheaper 60 dollar packages seem cool. But what that all includes is so confusing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12