Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Yoshi E30 LS2 Build thread

My Cars
    E34, E36, E36/7
    thanks for the info. keep up the work on the build. the video worklog idea is pretty cool actually. its like seeing a compilation of vines, except i'm not annoyed by the end of it.
    13 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 - Daily Driver - Wife
    97 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    95 325i Sedan - Project #ebayE36
    90 BMW 535i/5 - i should probably work on this again...

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    lol Thank you. I did a little write up on the wilwood/sikky handbrake install if you'd like some info: http://yoshi.e30drifter.com/2015/08/...lic-handbrake/

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    Didnt you have a push style hand brake before?

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Nope. always been pull. I wanted to do push but decided against it.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    ahh thats right.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima

I think the wilwood pads will require some bedding but the car is back in one whole piece and moves under its own power. The E46 needs to get out of the way first. Also my steering wheel is WAY off lol.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima

My Cars
    E34, E36, E36/7
    awesome. wish i had that talent.
    97 Z3 2.8 Roadster

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    <3 you can do it! I've only been drifting for like 8-10 years.

My Cars
    E34, E36, E36/7
    that makes me feel a bit better haha. My second event is coming up on the 3rd.
    97 Z3 2.8 Roadster

My Cars
    1995 M3
    This is a pretty cool build!

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I should work on this car.

I tried to install the dakota digital dash but it won't make a change in my tach . Fairly sure I hooked it up right. Not really many ways you can mess that up. It's likely an ECU setting at this point.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I'm really bad at updating this. I decided to try out the sikky boosterless brake setup. It uses the factory master so that appealed to me (how to here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q28U_iDB6Vg). The hydro boost came on too strong and was too easy to lock up brakes. Now I have the exact opposite issue. Even with the pedal ratio jacked up to the max, I can't stop as quickly as I want. So I'm staring into other master options.

Learned a pretty good amount. Like how to make up for your PS dying lol. Finally had a day where most of my videos (when the battery didn't fall out of the gopro) were good. So here's a few clips I randomly picked out. Mainly for the passengers' responses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_BmfzEmzjI

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I might be doing tons fewer car things... selling the house. living with in laws. having a kid. Yea... Hold together little E30. hold together. Just let me get by with changing oil and tires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxdVNDai8rU

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima

Well I wouldn't say I had overheating problems but hot lapping and summer days caused 230F temps. While that's ok for an LS, I really would prefer things to stay under 210 under all circumstances. So I replaced my no name 1600 cfm pusher fan with this 2100 cfm Derale pusher fan. It's a 12 inch. I put it on the top left and plan to get another 12 inch puller for the bottom right. I figure that will give me the best possible cooling since I can't run a single shrouded puller. So far, just this fan kept my car at 197 when it was ambient 97F outside. The old fan would sit at 210 in stop and go traffic. I did manage to blow the alleged 30 amp relay I was using for this. I also felt like the 16 gauge wiring I was using was pretty damn hot. Gonna step up to some 14 gauge since this fan does 23 amps (allegedly).

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    This thing still kicking? I got the ok from the wife to buy parts for the car lol. I got one more drift event before I become a father and can't drift for the rest of the year. 16" 2500cfm pusher with a 12" 1350cfm puller better do the damn job. Also gonna try out the Z2 star specs up front. Man those were expensive.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Let me know what you think of the star specs. I was between those and the rs3 and went with the Hankooks.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Def. I like the dunlops because they are rated the best in the rain. I seem to always be driving in rain. The RS3 didn't seem to like super heating and are absolutely crap in the wet. GREAT dry grip tho.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    FANS!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BJOJbZSjSIM/

Car sits at a nice 197 (thermostat opens at 195). If I give it a rev, it sits right at 195. I think this'll work nicely.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJOXpX_j1mK/

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Yay I drifted. What do I post here now that I did that?
    Capture.jpg
    Last edited by protomor; 09-12-2016 at 01:06 PM.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    <3 I got video. Just got to get it all together from all my runs. I started doing footwell and interior behind the head shots so I can get the course, my hands, and my feet. It's great for reviewing what I did well and bad. But also shows every little mistake I make so it's not good for public image.

I spent most of the day learning left foot braking and I still don't get it. Sadly, I only had 1.5 sets of tires for the day and I got to hot lap. Blew up a set of tires without realizing the tread was that low (I don't like letting tires get to cords). So it blew off my side skirt, rear bumper, actually punched a hole in my trunk, AND punctured a fuel overflow canister int he wheel well.

Seeing as I won't be drifting until probably april next year, this will have to do. Got dat baby coming.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Was it a Nankang? haha.

I figured out left foot braking at one event, didn't get back in my car for a month, and haven't tried it again since. It was real helpful on that one course though.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Federal 595s. Which I've never had delaminate before. But that might be from the hot lapping.

My Cars
    E34, E36, E36/7
    Usually hear nothing but good things about 595s as burners.
    97 Z3 2.8 Roadster

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast