Thread: Jerking break before complete stop.

My Cars
    94' 318is

Jerking break before complete stop.

Hi I own a 2004 330i. Im having a breaking problem and im not sure what it is. Im thinking it could be a electronic issue but im not positive.
    The situation is when im stopping. Not slowing down but right before I come to a complete stop. The car does this thing where it jerks the breaks. So even though I coming to a gradual stop right at the last second it jerks like I slammed on the breaks but then it releases and Ive come to a complete stop. It doesn't do any shuttering and no lights come on during the event. And at no other time does anything relatable happen. The only problem is about 2 seconds before I completely stop.

Its not a huge issue for me other then its obnoxious, and I fear it could be related to a more serious issue. That and my passengers give me a weird look like I dont know how to handle my breaking.
    thankyou for your help.

My Cars
    1999 BMW 323i
    Sounds like the transmission is shifting down a little late. Does it happen during cold starts or even when the car is warmed up?
    IG: ZeeZooM3

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    ABS pumping is presumably also working during this time and you can hear the buzz/feel feedback through the pedal, yes?

My car has the same 'issue' ... been living with it for the last year ... was told it could be a wheel speed sensor but I have no codes and I sure as hell don't want to start throwing expensive OEM sensors at it to try and fix it when it doesn't even bug me that much.

My Cars
    99 528i 15 Corvette Z51
    I had a problem with my old car, where I was stopping and almost stopped, when it felt like the brake pressure went down. It was a wheel sensor, I suspect that the person installing my suspension, tapped it when he was working.
    My 528 is a German Tank..
    My 2008 Chihuahua is Blue deal with it
    Always teaching now getting paid for it.

My Cars
    2000 328ci. 1989 325i
    could be anything i feel a jerking too but that's because i have failing diff bushings.
    The car that started it all.

My Cars
    94' 318is
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeZoo View Post
    Sounds like the transmission is shifting down a little late. Does it happen during cold starts or even when the car is warmed up?
    It happens every time regardless of a cold start or the car being warmed up. Also It doesnt gove any noticable feedback ( like noises, buzzing, rattling etc.) it simple does the obnoxious jerk, Ill have my wheel sensors checked when iget the chance and get back to yall.
    Thank you for your help

My Cars
    BMW 325i 2003
    Hi, I own had the same problem with the jerking before I stop. I would get two continuous hard jerks while I decelerate. I thought it was the transmission going.bad. I only did one thing. Replaced the MAF sensor. At first the sensor did not work. The car would not stay on; it would turn off on drive. I then forced the car to drive by keeping the car at around 1,500rpm and accelerating. I drove the car for about 5 minutes and the car is running perfect so far. It seems the computer adapted to the new MAF. The jerking at stops has fully gone. I honestly was extremely surprised by the results and the best part was that I bought the MAF from amazon for $35.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    The first step in diagnosing a problem is to scan the engine computer and the transmission computer for codes.

My Cars
    EXOTICS

+1 Diagnostic scan

You'll get a much more accurate diagnosis,
    better than straight up guessing, OP.