Thread: e36 m3 strut tophat geometry

My Cars
    06 Cayenne

e36 m3 strut tophat geometry

Do the 95 m3 tophats delete castor or add castor???

My Cars
    98 M3 Coupe
    I believe they decrease camber but not sure about caster

My Cars
    1995 AW M3
    If installed on an otherwise stock 96-99 M3, the 95 top hats will decrease castor by about a degree and increase negative camber by about a half degree.

My Cars
    06 Cayenne
    How about when compared to centered tophats?

Here is the problem.

I have non m3 control arms, with 95 m3 offset lcabs, 93 m3 spindles and m3 brakes and centered top hats. I have nice castor, but just purchased coilovers. I am worried that when I lower the car, the front wheels are going to rub the fenders near the indicators and fender liners because of the extra castor i have... Car is on koni's right now, very mild drop, and no rubbing. I have et20 wheels and when i install my other set which is also et20 but with 235s i rub in the front in those exact spots at my current ride height... in terms of camber, everything is perfect, agressive but not over the top. So now i don t know what tophats to get?
    Last edited by 405style; 12-15-2012 at 11:27 AM.

My Cars
    1995 bmw m3 & 2001 325it
    Quote Originally Posted by 405style View Post
    How about when compared to centered tophats?

Here is the problem.

I have non m3 control arms, with 95 m3 offset lcabs, 93 m3 spindles and m3 brakes and centered top hats. I have nice castor, but just purchased coilovers. I am worried that when I lower the car, the front wheels are going to rub the fenders near the indicators and fender liners because of the extra castor i have... Car is on koni's right now, very mild drop, and no rubbing. I have et20 wheels and when i install my other set which is also et20 but with 235s i rub in the front in those exact spots at my current ride height... in terms of camber, everything is perfect, agressive but not over the top. So now i don t know what tophats to get?
    Camber &caster plates?

RRSperry is offline Senior Moment Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    The real problem is the wheels. It's the 20 offset.

The regular E36 control arms are the same geomety as the 95 M3, You have offset lcab's (like a 95 M3), and centered mounts, (like a 95) you should have the 95 geometry...

What's a 93 M3 spindle? Was that a typo?
    No matter where you go, there you are...