Thread: Red Z3 Hardtop DFW area

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

Red Z3 Hardtop DFW area

I currently have a Red Hardtop for the Z3 that I do not use. If anyone is looking for one in the DFW area please let me know. I'll try to post pictures of it later this evening.

My Cars
    Y2K 2.5 , '01 3.0 Cpe
    Asking price? First right of refusal claimed.
    Suck, bang, blow - that's what it's all about.

2000 Z3, 2.3L Roadster, Blk / 2001 Z3 Coupe, 3.0 , Hell Rot II / 2000 Road Star 1.6L ( bike) Blk w/flames
    '04 Suzuki Savage .65L Grey ( our loaner bike ) / '04 Astro ( HMS Hellion) Ship - see http://thebrigands.com for pics
    / '94 Brand H Del Sol

My Cars
    Audi R8 V10 Plus [GATED]
    Quote Originally Posted by wrench13 View Post
    Asking price? First right of refusal claimed.
    not when I pm'ed him before you replied

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe & Roadster
    Kids kids. Everyone knows local pickup works best - driving up to Dallas to pick this up tonight!

My Cars
    Y2K 2.5 , '01 3.0 Cpe
    LOL, moot point.
    Suck, bang, blow - that's what it's all about.

2000 Z3, 2.3L Roadster, Blk / 2001 Z3 Coupe, 3.0 , Hell Rot II / 2000 Road Star 1.6L ( bike) Blk w/flames
    '04 Suzuki Savage .65L Grey ( our loaner bike ) / '04 Astro ( HMS Hellion) Ship - see http://thebrigands.com for pics
    / '94 Brand H Del Sol

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe & Roadster
    Oh and I was kidding about picking it up. I have no use or space for it.

I just wanted to step on some toes.
    Last edited by jajou318; 12-12-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2018 X4 M40i
    Meanie!
    2018 X4 M40i

My Cars
    98 M/06 Z4 3.0 Roadsters
    Is it Imolarot?
    "Democracy is two wolfs and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch,
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote"

My Cars
    97' M44 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by jajou318 View Post
    Oh and I was kidding about picking it up. I have no use or space for it.

I just wanted to step on some toes.
    Lmao...you had me for a second until I thought wait a min when did he get a roadster
    "Dezmar, your hood has an airfoil. The scoop is raised and it forms an airplanes airfoil. This knocks out the top atoms and allows the bottom atoms to Lift!! You will loose your hood on the highway and hit another car, causing it to crash and someone will Die! (I took it off)"

My Cars
    Price? Pm only? I'm in houston and I have some cash.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 M
    I live in the metroplex. Drop me a note with your contact info. I'd like to know what these run.

My Cars
    99 M Rdstr, 92 325ic,
    You'd figure we would have heard from seller by now

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Sorry for not coming to the site sooner but I have been busy with work recently working 60-80 hour weeks. I'm currently thinking about not selling the top and possibly having a mechanical engineer put it into a CAD model that we could shop around to see if someone can manufacture some units. I have some connections in China for manufacturing that might have some interesting results but honestly I've been to busy with work to really do anything. I currently can not post any pictures to the site but can send pictures upon request.

My Cars
    Z3lda-Crash/burned RIP

Cad

When you get the CAD model please, oh plea, send it to me, parasolid would be great (I use NX) and would love to try to restyle it for something different.

woodie_mckusick at bose dot com
    Z3lda - R.I.P. 7/6/13 crashed and burned, total loss.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3
    I'm in the Fort Worth area and work with a mcad cam group: creo & solid works mainly. I have connections to metal fabricators, but no fiberglass or plasti mold guys, however I do have a 3 axis printer ( not large enough for a roof) but cool when building other car parts. Let me know if you need some help? I'd like to get a roof for my daughters roadster.

My Cars
    Z3lda-Crash/burned RIP
    So if someone has a scaled model you could offer FDM? Now that would be Cool! I'd even have to think about getting a die cast model and using it for pre-mod tinkering!
    Z3lda - R.I.P. 7/6/13 crashed and burned, total loss.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by sirch View Post
    Sorry for not coming to the site sooner but I have been busy with work recently working 60-80 hour weeks. I'm currently thinking about not selling the top and possibly having a mechanical engineer put it into a CAD model that we could shop around to see if someone can manufacture some units. I have some connections in China for manufacturing that might have some interesting results but honestly I've been to busy with work to really do anything. I currently can not post any pictures to the site but can send pictures upon request.
    There are still brand new OEM tops available for purchase off the shelf, pre-painted in a variety of colors. Although the common colors have sold out, for someone who wants a hard top there is still a solid option. They are somewhat pricey though, $1k or more than that as I recall.

Reason I mentioned that is I am really not sure you could get tops to the US from China for cheaper than the OEM tops that are already available.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    05 2.5 Z5
    I'd like to know where I can buy one off the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    There are still brand new OEM tops available for purchase off the shelf, pre-painted in a variety of colors. Although the common colors have sold out, for someone who wants a hard top there is still a solid option. They are somewhat pricey though, $1k or more than that as I recall.

Reason I mentioned that is I am really not sure you could get tops to the US from China for cheaper than the OEM tops that are already available.

My Cars
    91e30 318is, 97 z3 2.8,
    ^^^^^+1

My Cars
    01 2.5i, 98 1.9 DASC & M
    Quote Originally Posted by IgotBMW View Post
    I'd like to know where I can buy one off the shelf.
    You might take a look at the on-line parts suppliers. Depending on color, you may find what you want. I see a black or blue advertised for $4,000, green for 3,200 and gray for $1,100 - 1,300.

My Cars
    '87 325i/00 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post

AFAIK BMW sold out of these in early 2011... I landed one of the last ones in sterling grey in late 2010. I could be mistaken.

1 of 24 | Chrome Shadow Roadstars | TCK S/A | GC Street Camber Plates | Ansa Exhaust | ECIS Intake | DICE iPod Integration | Leather Z Armrests | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob | UUC Clutch bushings/stop/line

My Cars
    S52 times 2
    I am in Dallas often or you could leave it at a shop there for me to pick up.

What are you looking to get for it? Hardware for install?

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 M
    I think a hardtop would actually be really useful in Jul/Aug in DFW. I will keep looking.

My Cars
    98 M/06 Z4 3.0 Roadsters
    Quote Originally Posted by steve f View Post
    You might take a look at the on-line parts suppliers. Depending on color, you may find what you want. I see a black or blue advertised for $4,000, green for 3,200 and gray for $1,100 - 1,300.
    Do you have a link?
    "Democracy is two wolfs and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch,
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote"

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8
    Do you still have hard top? If so I'm in Fort Worth please contact me at txhomes@ymail.com please; thanks.