Thread: ASC+T hydro unit

My Cars
    1994 BMW 750il

ASC+T hydro unit

I have a 1994 750il and the Asc+T hydro unit is leaking, is there a rebuild kit or anyone on here who has one for cheap? The BMW number is 34511163086 an the Bosch number is 0265202100 an here is a link of a picture in case anyone is confused: http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/m/mIwD...8NBqeQ/140.jpg
    Last edited by wiberforce; 12-11-2012 at 01:34 PM.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    1994 BMW 750il
    nah none of those were really any help but i do appreciate your help, i think a used one is the best solution at this point so if anyone has one let me know asap please.

My Cars
    E32 740i
    There is an o-ring between the hydrounit itself and pressure sensor-plunger, that's need to be changed. The reason it's became dry and doesn't seal the sensor-plunger no more. No need to buy a new one hydrounit.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    now it is becoming interesting. Do you or anyone have pictures or drawings / dimensions of the single parts?Especially the O-ring size.

My Cars
    E32 740i
    Sorry no pictures, i've got a problem with my ASC+T system thats stopped working suddenly. This bloody system works from double power steering pump. After a couple of months of tortures with this system i found the problem. It was a double steering pumps that was not providing a proper pressure to the ASC+T hydrounit.
    When i found the price in 1thousand bucks! for this pump i decided to get rid of this hydroulic system. I found a donor on a junky yard with ASC5 and just retrofitted the system. Unfortunately no way for M70.
    But there is no any difficulties. To change the o-ring it needed to remove the hydrounit from the car. After you need to unscrew several torx and devide pressure sensor plunger from the unit. Then you will see the small 0-ring that's need to be changed.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 750il
    Where do I get the o-ring? And the unit still works it just leaks slowly...honestly id be happy with just a used one then trying to rebuild the old one so if anyone has one please post here ASAP thanks.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 750il
    Still in need of one ASAP so If anyone has info about a rebuild kit or has a used one please inbox me or reply here, thanks

My Cars
    94 M5T
    Mike
    93 M5 3.8 Sterling Silver/Black (euro)
    94 M5 Touring Madeiraschwarz/Black
    80 745i (project)
    83 735i / 5 speed (euro)
    86 745i

My Cars
    1995 BMW 740iL

I have a used one for sale on eBay. From 1993 740iL

eBay #360589624429 Item number:

My Cars
    1994 740i
    I have the same problem on my 1994 bmw 740i can anyone tell me how to replace this O ring can it be done on the car my unit works fine just leaks I know this is an old thread but I've contacted at least 45 salvage yards through out the us and either they dont have it or have no idea what im talking about even with part numbers so it looks like im going to have no choice but to repair the one i have

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    try to contact one of the module repair shops, I did some google search, here one example https://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/

My Cars
    1994 740i
    Shogun I found a used unit for 125 bucks I’m rolling the dice on a used one but it’s all I got in the budget at the moment. In the e34 section I’ve seen talk of replacement of the O ring behind the plate but since it’s a special type o ring the fixes didn’t last . I got the Bentley and the instructions you posted I’m going to do my best to try this job I have reserved myself to the fact that the car may have to be moth balled till spring if I run into snags what’s another couple of months the car already sat for 8 years I’ll take my time and snap a lot of photos along the way for myself for reinstalling and posting when I’m done maybe I can help the next person when it’s all finally done

My Cars
    94 740, 74 wagoneer
    Quote Originally Posted by vr117 View Post
    Shogun I found a used unit for 125 bucks I’m rolling the dice on a used one but it’s all I got in the budget at the moment. In the e34 section I’ve seen talk of replacement of the O ring behind the plate but since it’s a special type o ring the fixes didn’t last . I got the Bentley and the instructions you posted I’m going to do my best to try this job I have reserved myself to the fact that the car may have to be moth balled till spring if I run into snags what’s another couple of months the car already sat for 8 years I’ll take my time and snap a lot of photos along the way for myself for reinstalling and posting when I’m done maybe I can help the next person when it’s all finally done
    the alternate is to see if the unit can be "disabled" or removed from the system. Out in the west the 740 did not come with the traction control... snow... ice... is really unknown here, unless you go over to the sierras in winter. I drove once in the snow... no chains, it was in the local parking lot off the highway, the 740 handled it very nicely... skidding w very healthy behavior

My Cars
    1994 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by letank View Post
    the alternate is to see if the unit can be "disabled" or removed from the system. Out in the west the 740 did not come with the traction control... snow... ice... is really unknown here, unless you go over to the sierras in winter. I drove once in the snow... no chains, it was in the local parking lot off the highway, the 740 handled it very nicely... skidding w very healthy behavior
    gonna pull my unit this weekend see if i can get the jb weld off and try to replace the O-ring thats causing it to leak the used unit wasnt even the right part they sent me the sent me a power steering pump and i cant find one and no one will rebuild it I've tried all the links shogun has provided so im on my own