RM European Auto Parts

Thread: 1995 bmw with rough idle and bogs when i hit the gas. Need some help

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740i

1995 bmw with rough idle and bogs when i hit the gas. Need some help

I have a 1995 bmw 740i with 91000miles. My car has couple issues that i can't figure out. The car has a rough idle to it when i start it and when i go to step on the gas the goes to 2000 2500rpms and just starts to bog and has no power whats so ever. I just changed out the oxygen sensors,camshaft sensor, intake boot and the maf sensor and didnt help. The cel went off after i change the oxygen sensors put don't know what else to do.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328 xi
    Is your engine light still on? Even if the light is not on can you scan for codes and post back with results? Also I would try to desconnect the battery push the brake about 30 times just to make sure all current is out of system and wait couple minutes before reconecting (the last step I don't think it will help you but sometimes it does let the computer relearn some values and can help in some cases). I suspect a bed maf or bed spark plugs or coils. It is reallly hard to tell from your description. Does the car feels like it wants to stall or just no power?

My Cars
    1995 bmw 740i
    The light is off and yes it does want to stall and has no power and the motor shakes

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328 xi
    Quote Originally Posted by mattwoloszyn9 View Post
    The light is off and yes it does want to stall and has no power and the motor shakes
    That with my expiriance 9 out of 10 times is a bad maf sensor. Make sure everything was installed correctly. Was the maf new or used? Why did you replace the parts? I'm just trying to get a better idea and point it down to the problem.