Thread: 2009 bmw 528i is giving me problems to start

My Cars
    2009 bmw 528 i

2009 bmw 528i is giving me problems to start

I own a 2009 bmw 528i and two weeks ago the lights were left on overnight so when i tried to start the car next morning, it gave me a hassle but it started. Everything was ok until this Wed that the car didnt want to start (again) after 5 minutes of trying it finally started again. All the lights on the dash board are on and so is the radio. Then yesterday(thursday) it did again. Today, Friday so far it has not done it but i did check on it during my lunch hour and although it turned on it coughed up a bit and then it turned on. I am worried because this all started after the lights were left on. The car was fine never had any issues. Does anyone know what this might be? A lot of people are telling me its the battery. I would appreciate any thoughts on what this might be. Thank you.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Have the battery tested... that would confirm any suspicions that it has or doesn't have the ability generate enough cranking power to turn the engine over.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2004 M3
    Definitely sounds like you damaged the battery. That'd be my first concern. If that's not it, go after the Alternator. It might not be charging the battery properly after you drained the juice out of it the day you left your lights on.

My Cars
    1992 525i, 2007 328i
    How long did you run the car after the lights were left on? If you didn't drive the car long enough for your battery to fully charge, it's going to keep giving you problems until it is fully charged. As Kevlar said, have the battery tested, most auto parts stores will do it for free. Have the alternator tested at the same time.