Thread: Hood gap

My Cars
    '93 325is - Laguna Green

Hood gap

Hey guys, got a couple questions about an abnormally large gap between the front of my hood and the grille. The fenders and hood are both factory original and the hood lines up perfectly with the fenders. Anything I can do to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1998 328i
    The hood looks perfectly aligned with the hood, so my money is on the headlight trim piece is sagging a bit. Remove it, double check the bolts are and clips are the right ones, then re install it an see if it lines up. That would be what I would try first.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    You'll have to loosen the bolts on the nose panel and adjust it up. Then you'll have to adjust the bumper cover up and probably tweak the headlights.

My Cars
    TV '97 M3/4/5
    It looks like you are missing the thin hood lining that goes between the hood and headlights. Its a thin rubber lining that fills in the gap. Mine is gapped too.

['97 M3/4/5 TV/DOVE-CSL Reps- GC Street Coils with Konis- 55w ZKWs- Remus Exhaust- Dinan Headers- Dinan CAI- BW Boot- ASC delete]

My Cars
    02 330xi i || 01 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    You'll have to loosen the bolts on the nose panel and adjust it up. Then you'll have to adjust the bumper cover up and probably tweak the headlights.
    This. The nose panel actually has 4 screws holding it in place in the middle which have quite a bit of room for adjustment.
    Yoy.

My Cars
    1996 318is
    I also say it's the nose panel as well, looking at the fender line, it lines up with the hood line, so I would assume the hood isn't too high.
    Pro Patria

My Cars
    '97 328i
    Is it me or is the corner of the hood bent downwards where it meets the fender? Could be ghetto fixed by PO after frontal accident. Do the hood latches actually catch, both of them?

My Cars
    1996 318is
    It looks like the corner of the fender is bent downwards slightly.
    Pro Patria

My Cars
    '93 325is - Laguna Green
    Thanks for the info guys, yes both hood latches catch. Is it a fairly easy task to adjust the nose panel?

My Cars
    Avus Cosmos Calypso!
    How much does the orientation of the headlights affect the hood alignment? I'm having trouble with getting the passenger side hood to sit flush...Thanks.