Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 5mall5nail5 Turbo E34 Build Part IV!

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    His DIY Pimp hand is strong.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    a few e30s
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    Primer first, then a light gray/white w/ some sort of accent.
    Damnit I was hoping for purple!

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    I always wanted to go darker paint in the garage, but it will effect lighting.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcdoh View Post
    +1.

My Cars
    BMWs
    I want to tie the purple in, but all my tool boxes etc are red. Doesn't look good

Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    I always wanted to go darker paint in the garage, but it will effect lighting.
    Yeah I would love to do a different color but I want maximum lightage, so light colors assist with that.

My Cars
    a few e30s
    If you can't raise the bridge, lower the water. Powdercoat the tool boxes purple/something complementary to match. You need more projects.

My Cars
    BMWs
    rofl do not need more projects

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    If you can't raise the bridge, lower the water. Powdercoat the tool boxes purple/something complementary to match. You need more projects.

Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    e34 m5
    Hi I have sent you a few PM"s
    I want to buy a adapter for wilwood caliper for my e34
    And a info on what caliper to buy?

Fantastic build !

My Cars
    yes
    Stop the madness with Acad at home....download Draftsight and never look back.

Wall looks GREAT Jon...you never cease to amaze me!!

Don
    Dude seriously. I run 2014 @ home. We have like 20 seats of 2009 LT here. They just "like" 2000i and 14... lol. Whatever.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by dcvee View Post
    Stop the madness with Acad at home....download Draftsight and never look back.

Wall looks GREAT Jon...you never cease to amaze me!!

Don
    I will have to check out Draftsight - never heard of it. Thanks Don - I did a little more on Saturday:

Almost done (again) by Jon Kensy, on Flickr

I cleaned the garage up - it has so much crap EVERYWHERE. There was tons of needles and limbs from the xmas tree, layers of dust dirt and filth, tools everywhere... etc. My father in law picked up about 150 sq ft of Race Deck for me for xmas, so nice of him and it helps me finish out the garage flooring! I still have more to do but you can see that I now have the tile going all the way to the wall.

IMG_0163.jpg by Jon Kensy, on Flickr

Still have to put one piece of drywall up in the bottom corner and then mud and tape the seams - almost there! I am going to try and do some work on it tomorrow but its so nice to have true "wall to wall" flooring (well, almost, have a few more tiles to put down). So nice to be able to walk thru the garage and not step over cords, tools, boxes, and track in dust and pine needles. It's the little things...

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Tell me it was tough not going checkered.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    many
    I am not crazy about the plastic floors, never have been (especially if you are actually doing dirty work in the shop) Shop Looks good though. I wish I had my shop at home. I built mine at my parents house. Now I sold the condo which was 5 minutes away from the shop and bought a house farther out in the country. I only have a 1 car garage in the house and hate driving 1/2hr each way to play with my car. I am jelly.
    B.
    1991 bmw 325I <e30>
    First 8 second full body BMW with BMW independent rear suspension in the USA
    8.69 @160mph in a 1/4mile on slicks.
    drag radial tires record holder9.53@148. Also a world record holder for bmw overall 60-130mph 4.2 seconds.
    Bistein sport susp,turner sway bars,3:25lsd,m52 AEM INFINITY stand alone. MORAN 2500cc injectors E85 ,front mount 33x12x4 intercooler, 5lug conversion M3 front,Mcoupe rear Dss axles/driveshaft ATI Proglide.
    2003 Ford Expedition
    1998 M3
    1986 Mercedes Cosworth 190e 2.3 16v 5speed (sold)

My Cars
    BMWs
    It was definitely easy to not go checkered - I bought the tile from my employer at $0.25 ea originally so I knew I'd have to lay out too much money to go for a checkered pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by djborya View Post
    I am not crazy about the plastic floors, never have been (especially if you are actually doing dirty work in the shop) Shop Looks good though. I wish I had my shop at home. I built mine at my parents house. Now I sold the condo which was 5 minutes away from the shop and bought a house farther out in the country. I only have a 1 car garage in the house and hate driving 1/2hr each way to play with my car. I am jelly.
    B.
    Doing dirty work on them is where they excel. Coolant, oil, brake dust, brake fluid - anything, wipes right up. The only downside I have found over the years of using it is that MIG welding close to it (like on jack stands for an exhaust) can result in some stray slag falling off and melting a hole in it. It's only happened in two places though over the like 4 years of having the tile so I don't worry about it too much considering I now have a welding bench etc. But, compared to concrete, the race deck wins for temperature and "niceness" to your knees, butt, back, etc when you have to work on it. It's just not very cheap. Though, epoxied cement is expensive too.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I would give the neighborhood kids some crayons and let them loose in there.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    I would give the neighborhood kids some crayons and let them loose in there.
    lol
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Excellent work Jon. Keep posting the garage pics. Hopefully the Tax Santa can bring you a nice fat check in April so that you can buy that lift to really seal the deal in there!
    He is not a Scottish Rite Mason so it was easy not to.

My Cars
    yes
    You'll LOVE Draftsight. It's free AND it is front/back compatible with dwgs/dxfs of any vintage...and it can SAVE in those formats as well. Runs like ACAD, looks like ACAD. I use it for my 2d work all of the time. Shop looks killer bud!!!

Don

I will have to check out Draftsight - never heard of it. Thanks Don - I did a little more on Saturday:

most done (again) by Jon Kensy, on Flickr

I cleaned the garage up - it has so much crap EVERYWHERE. There was tons of needles and limbs from the xmas tree, layers of dust dirt and filth, tools everywhere... etc. My father in law picked up about 150 sq ft of Race Deck for me for xmas, so nice of him and it helps me finish out the garage flooring! I still have more to do but you can see that I now have the tile going all the way to the wall.

IMG_0163.jpg by Jon Kensy, on Flickr

Still have to put one piece of drywall up in the bottom corner and then mud and tape the seams - almost there! I am going to try and do some work on it tomorrow but its so nice to have true "wall to wall" flooring (well, almost, have a few more tiles to put down). So nice to be able to walk thru the garage and not step over cords, tools, boxes, and track in dust and pine needles. It's the little things...

My Cars
    BMWs
    Thanks Don - will definitely check that out.

I spent some time today taping and sanding.

Taping by Jon Kensy, on Flickr

also finished cutting the floor and laying it to the footer. This is the footer nearest the inside of the house, so that's why I have it so close. On the other wallks its about 3/8" gap for expansion.

Wall to wall by Jon Kensy, on Flickr

I had to remove the door there on the closet and cut off about 1/16" - 1/8" so it would clear the tile. Now I need a nap lol.

My Cars
    none
    Damn son killing it. You will appreciate all the hard work when you actually get to the point of doing some work on your car projects.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Thanks Colby can't wait to actually do some car work in there

My Cars
    a few e30s
    Thanks Colby can't wait to actually do some car work in there
    I would be afraid to get it dirty for the first time, would probably go rent a garage somewhere and keep this one pristine.

My Cars
    BMWs
    I would be afraid to get it dirty for the first time, would probably go rent a garage somewhere and keep this one pristine.
    I know, I am trying to come to terms with how I am going to handle my first drywall ding.

Got a little further today. Spackled some more screw holes. Also got the 12.5" high drywall up on the one wall along the footer. That's all good to go.

Drywall at footer by Jon Kensy, on Flickr

And worked on cleaning up the Verizon boxes. Verizon had the wiring draped all over. Being an IT guy I am comfortable with re-punching down the power cabling and such. I am going to put a receptacle right near the boxes so I don't have a cord draped over the breaker box and cut down the cable and put a new end on it so its got a 6 - 8" cord nice and clean.

FIOS boxes mounted by Jon Kensy, on Flickr

The only thing I need to figure out how is a way to keep the above and below area around the panel accessible without looking stupid. You can see I made a drywall panel... just not sure i want to permanently fix it in there in case I want to add/remove circuits again later.

Drywall panel by Jon Kensy, on Flickr

Thoughts? Need something similar for above as well.

My Cars
    '98 Pontiac T/A

My Cars
    e34 m5
    Do you just not want to sell your adapter or what ?

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast