Thread: 335d SCR & PTP warranty issue

My Cars
    '91 325i, F31 328i M

335d SCR & PTP warranty issue

Greets,
    I LOVE my 335d (2009) and have had numerous issues with the emissions while it was in warranty so I purchased the Powertrain Plus since in subsection ix it includes this system naming the dosing module and the other major component.
    900 miles into my extended warranty I get yet another check engine light, low and behold its asking for the dosing module to be replaced and the service center's computer says its not a PTP warranty item.
    I have two other dealers looking into it but any advice from you guys on what I should be doing?
    -wm

My Cars
    335d, 328xd (had 330xi)
    Quote Originally Posted by xLibelle View Post
    Greets,
    I LOVE my 335d (2009) and have had numerous issues with the emissions while it was in warranty so I purchased the Powertrain Plus since in subsection ix it includes this system naming the dosing module and the other major component.
    900 miles into my extended warranty I get yet another check engine light, low and behold its asking for the dosing module to be replaced and the service center's computer says its not a PTP warranty item.
    I have two other dealers looking into it but any advice from you guys on what I should be doing?
    -wm
    It's covered by the warranty. Show them: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...rotection.aspx

Click on "Induction System".

My Cars
    '91 325i, F31 328i M
    Thanks for the link. couldn't find it (didn't look that hard)
    We were looking at that at the dealer and my copy of the contract which is more detailed and yet he wants to follow his computer.
    Is there anyone in particular (inside bmw) that has authority to resolve these kinds of things?

So part number 16-19-7-244-137 is the "delivery/dosing module" that is not covered

but in the PT+ warranty (both in print and the web site) this part name is clearly stated as warranty covered.

I specifically bought the warranty package because it had this system covered.
    who can I call?
    Last edited by xLibelle; 12-04-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost