Thread: Is it my imagination or is there a quality problem

My Cars
    '01 530i

Is it my imagination or is there a quality problem

We have an '01 530 and had a '98 528.

So the time has come and we looked at the new one. The outside is fine...not particularly distinguished but Ok.

But the inside! Where our current car has tight fitting panels the new one has gaps. Big uneven gaps. Plastic edges frequently look unfinished. The leather on the wheel looks...well plastic. The switches, especially the window switches, feel cheap. And their is a Hyundai'esque open storage compartment in the center of the dash. I though every car over $25k put a door on those!!!

Am I imagining things or does the interior have an assembled in Korea look?

P.S.
    I'm told factory installed Bluetooth phone connectivity and Sirrus XM with nav will be available with September production.

My Cars
    '01 530i
    Anyone who has one agree or disagree?

A saw the 6 at the dealer last week, and if anything it looked worse from an interior quality issue. That said, I can't find anything else that has the right features/refinement.

I am really interested if this becomes a real problem after a few months.

David

My Cars
    I'm fairly happy with the interior all together. I-drive, ergonomics, fit and finish all suit me fine.

Check out http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e60/forum.php for more info

My Cars
    2003 530i sport
    I've been looking at the new ones, and I agree. I completely dislike the new design and quality. I am going to stay pre-bangle for as long as possible.