Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E34 Rear Subframe Bushing Puller

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3

E34 Rear Subframe Bushing Puller

Hey guys here is a spare rear subframe bushing puller I made that I'm looking to get rid of, it's been used once but is in like new condition and will come with its own Pelican storage case. Looking to get $150.00 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Materials are 6061 for the tube, the rest of the parts with the exception of the rod are D2 tool steel with the rod being Grade 8.

E34 Rear Subframe Bushing Puller by 93FIM5, on Flickr
    Last edited by 93FIM5; 11-22-2012 at 08:47 PM.

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3

My Cars
    95 540iA M-Sport & 525iT
    You in a hurry to get rid of that Greg? I do want it, but have to put funds towards non-car stuffs for the next month. I'd have $ at the end of December. Could send ya some more beer for "layaway fees"...
    Cosmos Black/Black 1995 540iA M-Sport
    BMW Individual Exclusive Edition, 1 of 65 total, 9/25/95 Build
    OEM additions include Euro trim, passenger seat mounted first aid kit, tool kit warning triangle, clears all around, black chrome exhaust tips, spare tire well gas can, and rear armrest fridge.

Waiting for install is an adjustable lumbar support, & drivers side glove box...

My Cars
    1990 535i
    still have this? im interested.

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba966 View Post
    You in a hurry to get rid of that Greg? I do want it, but have to put funds towards non-car stuffs for the next month. I'd have $ at the end of December. Could send ya some more beer for "layaway fees"...
    I'll build one for ya and set it aside, BTW made progress on the delete plates.

Quote Originally Posted by garageV View Post
    still have this? im interested.
    Sure do its yours if you want it Paypal is m5stigg at aol dott com , include your address please!

Thanks!

Greg

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3

My Cars
    E34
    What about a rental service for this extra tool of yours? I am sure the DIY guys here will appreciate it a lot.

| Photographer | Auto | LA | OC |
    Jester Jungco Photo

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by offthewall View Post
    What about a rental service for this extra tool of yours? I am sure the DIY guys here will appreciate it a lot.
    I've mentioned it before and its actually why I built so many of these tools but no one seemed interested. I would also be willing to rent out a rear trailing arm bushing removal tool as well but again gotta have the interest. If you guys are wanting to do a rental service let me know and I'll start a new thread.
    Last edited by 93FIM5; 12-01-2012 at 02:15 AM.

My Cars
    E34, E368
    I much prefer this design as opposed to the fork style one I got off here and put through hell...wish I still had a need for one, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by clevertd View Post
    I much prefer this design as opposed to the fork style one I got off here and put through hell...wish I still had a need for one, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.
    Thanks for the compliment and bump!

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3

My Cars
    '87 e24
    Hi

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemueekmu View Post
    Hi
    Just got your payment, please PM me your ship to address and I will get this on its way to you. Thanks!

Greg

My Cars
    2000 740i M Sport
    It looks like you sold this tool. Did you end up making more & do you have one to sell? How about a trailing arm bushing tool? I'm interested in renting our buying. Thanks.

My Cars
    540i6, 540iA, RX7, RdBlk
    Speaking of which, I just today found out how bad my subframe bushings have gotten...I might try to rent/borrow one of these from you if you have one around still...I just ordered my new bushings today. Might PM you soon to discuss...

Fox (free bump)
    Last edited by K Fox; 05-19-2013 at 02:52 AM. Reason: spelling

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy540i6spd View Post
    It looks like you sold this tool. Did you end up making more & do you have one to sell? How about a trailing arm bushing tool? I'm interested in renting our buying. Thanks.
    I haven't built anymore but would be willing to build a few more if there is interest. The newest ones would also be upgraded with ACME rods and nuts along with the option to have the tool work as a rear wheel bearing puller for an additional cost. If any of the guys who bought previously want their tool upgraded with the ACME rod I would be happy to do it as well. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by K Fox View Post
    Speaking of which, I just today found out how bad my subframe bushings have gotten...I might try to rent/borrow one of these from you if you have one around still...I just ordered my new bushings today. Might PM you soon to discuss...

Fox (free bump)
    PM me and we can figure something out.

My Cars
    E34 540i 6spd
    I'm interested also. PM me when you get a set built.

My Cars
    1993 325i
    pm'ed you
    waka waka

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3
    Gonna see what I have for material and time and will start a new thread, looks like we could build three pretty easily. Keep an eye out.

My Cars
    '87 e24
    How do we go about getting the upgraded acme bolt?
    the original one that was provided has worked well but I'm sure the acme will hold up better over time.

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemueekmu View Post
    How do we go about getting the upgraded acme bolt?
    the original one that was provided has worked well but I'm sure the acme will hold up better over time.
    Exactly the Grade 8 UNC was chosen to keep cost down on my end because I didn't want to buy a ACME tap for $75.00. But the ACME modification is definitely worth the additional cost in terms of longevity and making the tool easier to use since its designed to carry load, I will work a few things out and mention the path for upgrading to the ACME setup for those who have the previous design.

My Cars
    1993 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by 93FIM5 View Post
    Gonna see what I have for material and time and will start a new thread, looks like we could build three pretty easily. Keep an eye out.
    Well get on it son some of us have rear sub projects to bang out lol
    waka waka

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3
    Ok guys so for the standard rear subframe bushing puller with the new ACME rod; pricing will be $175.00 plus shipping without a Pelican storage case or $225.00 with a Pelican storage case. It will include the same as pictured above in the first post. Keep in mind these will take me some time to build ~1 week for all three or 2 days per so the sooner you pay the sooner you get to play, also I'm only planning on building 5X at the moment and it will be a while till I build more. If you have the old style puller and want to upgrade to the ACME rod it will run $20.00 plus you pay round trip shipping, I will begin taking orders for the upgrade next week after I verify clearance on a few things. When you are ready to order PM me and I will reply with my PayPal, thanks guys!

Greg
    Last edited by 93FIM5; 05-23-2013 at 07:23 PM.

My Cars
    2000 740i M Sport
    I can't figure out how to do a PM. The member list doesn't come up (I get a message stating "the administrator has disabled the list"; and I don't see an email button associated with any post. Maybe I'm clueless. :-(

My Cars
    93 M5 88 M3 14 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy540i6spd View Post
    I can't figure out how to do a PM. The member list doesn't come up (I get a message stating "the administrator has disabled the list"; and I don't see an email button associated with any post. Maybe I'm clueless. :-(
    Email me at m5stigg at aol dot com. Thanks!

Greg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast