Thread: Latest, Fully functional English INPA?

My Cars
    2011 328i XDrive

Latest, Fully functional English INPA?

Hello,

Just curious if anyone can direct me to the latest, fully functional english INPA installation?

I have a frankenstein version using some SGDAT files from a few packages (I think the newest IPO files I have are 2010). I still get errors when trying to do things like connect to CIC or other diagnostic things.

I think the issue is that I have a 2011 car, and the files are 2010?
    I do have the latest entire v47 DATEN package (the full 10GB thing), but that did not seem to have any INPA IPO files in it. Looks like most of it is NFS firmware?

Thanks!

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    You can update the earliest version of INPA with the latest files, but not all files work with all versions of EDIABAS. For later cars, you may need to use EDIABAS v7.0* but this does not support ADS interface functionality and your installation will probably not work with older cars. Remember that INPA was designed as a tool for use in-house by BMW, so they would no longer be concerned with supporting it for use on older cars.

My Cars
    2011 328i XDrive
    David Mc,

Thanks for you reply! At this point, I am really only interested in using the installation with my 2011 E90. I think I was able to solve a lot of my problems last night, however I only have .IPO files as recent as 2010 in my SGDAT folder.
    I made a few mods to my E90.ENG file, and after some trial and error I was able to update it some, but if someone has an already updated file that works with a 2011 E90, that would be awesome.

The big thing I was trying to accomplish was to read data from the CIC.
    I created a new menu option in my E90 file, and added CICR as the module. It read data, however I received an error that says (since I cannot post images)
    "
    Nicht zusammenpassende Versionen.
    Fehlfunktion ist moglich!

SGBD Version 3.00 (in INPA)
    SGBD Version 7.002
    INPA Version 2.050
    "

*Please note the "o" in moglich is an Umlat

After clicking OK, I saw information but the text was in German.
    I also receive errors about "Version Mismatch" on some modules.

For NCS Expert, I have .47 DATEN, and it all seems to be working fine.

On a side note, how can I tell what version of DATEN my car is actually running?
    Would it make sense to just use that version vs. a newer one with NCS Expert?

After translating the error, it seems it is just the German version of the english "Version mismatch, Malfunction is possible" error I get.
    Last edited by youthsonic; 11-23-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    330D 245hp 2009
    hi friends,

i'm in same situation as Youthsonic
    i have also doubt in my daten 60.1 ....
    or maybe my version .ENG from ncsexpert, because is not full english but is little bit english ... so ...

how have you solved your problem with this instalation ?

thanks for your help