Thread: Pics of junkyard front spoiler retrofit

My Cars
    95 tour 5sp, 85 635 5sp

Pics of junkyard front spoiler retrofit

BEFORE

AFTER

This is my oldest son with our new project. It is an 84 318i with 5 spd of course. We wanted to add a cool front spoiler so I hit the yard. I was about to purchase an e36 bumper cover and trim at the rub strip line to fit under the orig bumper until I saw this... I am not going to tell you what it is off of yet. I am sure somebody will guess. Anyway I am going to add a rubber apron underneath to give it a bit more depth, but I am amazed ow well this worked. I just need to fab a couple of filler pieces for the side. The fogs even lined up perfectly. The license plate filler is off of an e28 slightly modified to fit, but looks so much better than the naked aluminum gap. I also scored a set of factory bosch fogs off the same car to replace our busted ones. As you may notice from the before photo, we have tucked the bumpers as well to lessen the DB effect. Now I gotta get all that oil off the floor.
    Last edited by motorjunkie; 11-22-2012 at 10:53 AM.

My Cars
    e93 and e89
    I like it. You need to do a diy for the retrofit and actual fit, to let us know how much work is to fit this mysterious spoiler.

My Cars
    Mostly tourings.
    is it from a Fiero or C5?
    Quote Originally Posted by IWannaBMW View Post
    me and her, a saddle, some motor oil and some jumper cables, it would be a hell of a weekend my friends

My Cars
    3 E21s, 87 4Runner
    Beretta?
    BMW for life.

My Cars
    1985 BMW 325e
    Looks interesting. Any plans for the rubber strip around the DB bumper? I have a 85 325e that's completely stock and I'm looking to do some mods when I get home on r&r. Thought about doing the "push" mod to my bumpers as well.

+1 for the father/son project too!

My Cars
    95 tour 5sp, 85 635 5sp
    Oh the humanity!! THe haters will hate when they see what I did... You all got close but no cigar.

Yes it is true. THe Jcar cimarron, GMs best hope for a 3 series competitor fell terribly short (probably because it was a cavalier with leather??) but the spoiler works great! I will take some more pics, but this was a very easy conversion that should work well with any DB car.
    Last edited by motorjunkie; 11-22-2012 at 07:25 PM.

My Cars
    '86es/'87is/'89i/'98ti

My Cars
    525iT e34 325iT e30
    Don't look that bad. At least not compared to some of the after market monstrosities out there

Get that thing painted allready

Can you do anything about the underbite of the US bumpers tho?

BMW E34 Touring 92/8 525/5 Electrical black sports leather, 3.73 LSD. Black on black
    BMW E30 Touring 89/3 325/5 Manual black sports leather, 3.91 LSD. Diamond Black on black
    - From sweden yah b0rk b0rk b0rk -

My Cars
    1987 BMW 325is
    Once painted, it should look pretty good.