RM European Auto Parts

Thread: M54b22 injectors and MAF on M54B30 - HELP!

My Cars
    Z3 E36

M54b22 injectors and MAF on M54B30 - HELP!

I bought a M54B30 to swap my M54B22.
    As first step of the swap, I'd like to only swap the engine block, without moving air intake, DISA, and maf because I want to use my DME with its standard 2.2 tune.
    As 2nd step i will look for someone who can re-tune my DME with 3.0's tune and mount inkectors, intake and MAF of M54B30.
    Is it ok or i'm doing a mistake? I thought the engine would run anyway, not at his optimum but I think that nothing will break or blow.

I wait for your opinions and tips...

...i forgot to say that MAF, intake and injectors of M54B22 are the same of M54B25
    Last edited by boldrok; 11-16-2012 at 12:49 PM.

My Cars
    87 325is
    Seems to me that the fuel and ignition timing maps will be completely wrong. You need to swap the engine, all of it's sensors, and engine management system at the same time.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

My Cars
    Z3 E36
    I thought it could be ok, because I read it somewhere on a forum, but I don't remember where.
    The DME would be set to work with those sensors, injectors and MAF, surely the engine is different and it won't have the right optimal timing for valves and a sub-optimal quantity of fuel from injectors, but I thought it could be drivable...
    Anyone else can help me?
    No one ever tried?

Sorry for my English...