Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: off the scale for shizzle

My Cars
    I own nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZLUJ View Post
    so when is this reputation system going to start working properly again? Ive seen this system on other forums such as IS300.net...
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Great-328ic View Post
    Does everyone sees a scale aside the post number?

I see it on mine, but I don't see it on everyone else???
    The scale system was phased out - The scale system was to be used for transactions only but the system was abuse and got to be a cross of iTrader and Rep points.

The iTrader profile increases with every "successful" sale (has to be a sale from one of the Classified sections, not an OT FS thread) - 1 point for the buyer/seller, I believe.

The green scale is rep points for valid, productive, positive posts that contribute to the forum. Currently, admins, and certain mods (I am not sure about the mods part) are able to add/subract points to your rep. I believe that the points are added for posts made outside OT. I am not 100% sure though.

My Cars
    535is, gt3, s52 e30
    So only mods/admins can give rep points?

Can a mod chime in here and explain it too me.

i just realized that at the top right of my posts i can see a scale (like the justice thing) and I have 10 pts. Does this mean that i have had 10 good posts that people thought were helpful/productive/interesting?

How do I see others points? is the the green dot under their post counts? What is the scale, ie: one dot=10pts two=20 3=40 5=100 ?

My Cars
    not an e30

off the scale for shizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Testing the new user rating system...
    What ever became of this rating system?
    Last edited by KOTULCN; 05-13-2018 at 12:30 AM.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by etinifni View Post
    What ever became of this rating system?
    Too many people abused it by bribing their friends to boost their rating while trashing others they did not like. It was abandoned.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12