Thread: Advice on Buying a E60 M5 from Florida to Texas

My Cars
    2006 E60 M5

Advice on Buying a E60 M5 from Florida to Texas

Thanks for your feedback in advance. I am in the market for a clean E60 M5 I wanted to get one stock but came across this in Doral, Fl next to Miami. I live in Texas and I am thinking about purchasing it and shipping it here.

http://www.performanceautows.com/200..._164400583.veh

Here are some questions I have if you can help me out in thinking through it:

1. I can fly over there and look at it no problem but what are the advantages of really doing that? I can take it to a near by auto shop to check it out but will that really save me a risk of a bad deal?

2. Should I just buy it have it ship and trust these guys are not shady?

3. Does anybody have any experience in buying a car out of state? If so what is your experience? Good or bad? Explain pros and cons.

4. 83k miles on the car am I about to hit some serious maintenance tune up in a few more thousand miles? Clutch, bushings or ext.

5. Is this a good deal?

6. Any other thoughts?

Thank you, thank you and thank you!
    E60 M5 | E39 530i | E36 M3

My Cars
    2007 BMW 650i
    I've bought 3 cars from out of state. I live in Chicago and bought my cars out of state because I wanted specific cars with specific options. My first purchase a few years ago was a 2007 Infiniti G35 coupe, since I bought it from an Infiniti dealer in Atlanta and bought it CPO and extended warranty, I really had no need to worry. I flew out there, did all the paperwork via FedEx and drove it back. Never ended up having any problems. My second car, same scenario but was from non-manufacturer dealer in DC. Flew out, test drove it, made sure the transmission was solid and had no idle issues and drove it home. Recently just bought my 2007 650 from a dealer in Miami, Florida. Flew out, test drove it, ran great, bought it and shipped it to Chicago.

One thing I recommend, buy a reputable OBD2 scanner tool and plug it up to the car. All 3 of my purchases have been fine.

Best of luck!

My Cars
    2006 E60 M5
    E60 M5 | E39 530i | E36 M3