Thread: Advice on Buying a E60 M5 from Florida to Texas

My Cars
    2006 E60 M5

Advice on Buying a E60 M5 from Florida to Texas

Thanks for your feedback in advance. I am in the market for a clean E60 M5 I wanted to get one stock but came across this in Doral, Fl next to Miami. I live in Texas and I am thinking about purchasing it and shipping it here.

http://www.performanceautows.com/200..._164400583.veh

Here are some questions I have if you can help me out in thinking through it:

1. I can fly over there and look at it no problem but what are the advantages of really doing that? I can take it to a near by auto shop to check it out but will that really save me a risk of a bad deal?

2. Should I just buy it have it ship and trust these guys are not shady?

3. Does anybody have any experience in buying a car out of state? If so what is your experience? Good or bad? Explain pros and cons.

4. 83k miles on the car am I about to hit some serious maintenance tune up in a few more thousand miles? Clutch, bushings or ext.

5. Is this a good deal?

6. Any other thoughts?

Thank you, thank you and thank you!

Sorry I put this post in the wrong place. How do I delete it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Steadfast; 11-15-2012 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    E60 M5 | E39 530i | E36 M3

My Cars
    2009 BMW 335i M Sport
    I would be very leary of this car. At that price, something is up with it. I tend to feel that cars that have already been modded have also been driven hard. You may be getting into a mess with this one. Check out global autosports. They have a ton of luxury cars and ship all over the world. Good luck
    2009 BMW 335i M Sport

My Cars
    '08 BMW 535xi
    I bought mine and had it shipped. Guessing it may be hit or miss without personal eyes on...

My Cars
    i35, Lincoln LS, 550i
    I bought my 550i in Arizona (had a friend who lived in Scottsdale, he checked it out and drove it for me) and flew out there & drove back. I had no problems, and it was one of the best ways to learn the new car.

Always check out what you buy sight unseen. I got lucky and knew someone I trusted to check it out. If you cant verify the purchase, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Espeically at that price, gotta be something up with it.

My Cars
    e60
    post in the regional forums or contact the BMWCCA or M5 owners club in the area and see if anyone would be interested in checking it out for you. i don't think you should offer without seeing it.

My Cars
    e60
    post in the regional forums or contact the BMWCCA or M5 owners club in the area and see if anyone would be interested in checking it out for you. i don't think you should offer without seeing it.

My Cars
    e60

My Cars
    2006 E60 M5
    Thanks guys! I might fly out there and look at it.

My Cars
    2006 E60 M5

Heading to Miami

I am heading to Miami Tuesday anybody live there and know if there is a good shop I can take it to get it checked out?

Thanks!

My Cars
    Says sold on the site. Did you get it?

My Cars
    2006 E60 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by 1976bimmer View Post
    Says sold on the site. Did you get it?
    Yes! It was flawless. I was able to search the vin on Google and find out more about the car who owned it and such. The dealer had no idea what it had other then the obvious. This dealer focuses on buying super cars, M series and AMG cars. The guy that traded the M5 in bought a Ferrari 430 from him.

I got him to go down to $27,000.

I found the main owner of the car that did all the mods and this is what he put when he was selling it.

"The option list is as follows: - 10 Cylinder Engine 600+ HP in Dyno - MSG/Automatic Transmission- Ice Cold Air Conditioning Front and Rear- Luxury Seating Package, with M power sports mode- Premium Package- Comfort (Keyless) Access- Navigation- Xenon Headlights- Power Glass Sunroof- Front A/C, Heated, Cooled and Massaging Seats- Leather InteriorECU upgrade (added 70 HP, $2200)- 20 inch Forged Wheels BMW Wheels with New Tires ($12K option)- Logic 7 Sound-Lowered Suspension ($1800)-Super sports Exhaust ($3500, added 15-20HP)- Intakes -Blacked out light ($2000)-Tint all around ($500)-Side and rear Shades- Power Rear Sunshades-Heads up Display (another option)- Automatic Climate Control- Cruise Control- Power windows, - Power mirrors, - Power Locks, - Keyless Entry- 2 Set of Keys, Owners Manual, and Floor Mats included!- Etc.... As you can see from the pictures, this is a Hot Looking M5 and it's absolutely STUNNING! This M5 is ultra clean. The paint is a factory metallic black and the car is in excellent condition. There is no scratch or dings on the wheels or any part of the car--there are in a perfect condition, driven by a non-smoker adult, and always garaged kept. Both Front and rear bumper are in an amazing shape--no scratches. The beautiful leather interior looks extremely clean! It is all original and is in excellent condition. There are no rips or tears in the seats, no scuffs, no cracks, no cigarette burns, or anything. I don't smoke and have not let anyone smoke in this car. Everything works! All the lights, gauges, radio, windows, locks, a/c, etc. There are no issues with the car at all! Everything works perfect as it did brand new! I am a car freak and take care of my cars more than anything else. I just sold my Ferrari and SL 55 AMG. The M5 has been my favorite--it's a silent killer. Settle, yet effective as I could easily beat my Ferrari 360 Spider. I am selling my cars as I am changing hobbies for Boats and Planes. I just did a service on it, and have replaced the front pads with ceramic Red break pads. Been changing oil every 5K miles. It will come with a Certified Clean CarFax & Auto Check report and a clean and clear title! This car is ONE of the KIND. you see a lot of M5 for sales (beat up, raced, or in an accident with history), but there aren't any like this one. See for yourself. You're welcome to have this car check out by a certified mechanic or I can take it to a dealer at your cost for inspection. I put 100 percent behind my words. Some people claim that they have issues with the MSG!!! I have had no issues what so ever. If you know what you're doing, and how to drive a high performance car, you will know this car run great and has absolutely no problem Have all your finances worked out before you bid. Only serious bidders. Bidders with low rates, send me a message and a number to have a chat. Thanks and good luck, Sean @ 202-746-4842. call me with any questions/concerns. I will be more than happy to assist you or refer you to a trusted shipping company."

So I think I got a good deal!!!! Ships here next Wednesday or Thursday. That SMG is going to take getting used too. Its so weird feeling the shifts on "D" mode and not doing anything. Its a beast!

Here are better photos of the car from some I grabbed.

Last edited by Steadfast; 11-30-2012 at 09:14 AM.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 530i
    Looks like a badass M5. Only thing Im not to big on the "murdered out" theme. But thats my op. Good find.

My Cars
    2009 AW 535i
    Wow that was a great deal. Have fun with that beast.

'09 AW 535i.