Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't find a valid INPA download!?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    I need to know what operating system and version of INPA you are using, but one option is to use vmware and set up a virtual machine based on the operating system that INPA requires, and install INPA on that.

My Cars
    2003 X5 3.0D
    I'm running windows 7 premium home edition. The version of INPA I downloaded is the links on the bottom of the first page of this thread.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    That is v3.01/EDIABAS v6.4.3 - it will run on a 32 bit XP machine - you need a 64bit version for windows 7 as Microsoft in their infinite wisdom discontinued providing the ability for Operating Systems after Vista to map 32 bit programs for use on their 64 bit systems. If your system will not let you run the software in compatability mode, use the VMWare option.
    Last edited by David Mc; 04-27-2015 at 04:48 AM.

My Cars
    2003 X5 3.0D
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried running in comparibility mode but still not working. How do I go about using the VMWare option?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Use VMware to set up a virtual machine (i.e. a computer inside your computer) with a Windows XP 32 bit operating system, then install INPA on that. Alternatively, try this to run it natively on your Windows 7 machine:-
    Once you have the software extracted to an installation disk, locate instprog.exe (in the REFERENZ/INSTALL folder). Right click on instprog.exe and choose 'Properties' then click on the compatability tab and change the dropdown to Windows XP SP3 as the Compatibility Mode, also tick 'Run As Administrator', then click 'Ok', then double-click the file to run the installation.

You can follow the ENGLISH SETUP.pdf from there.

Note that to run INPA in compatability mode, you need to select it before installing the software so that all of the files are installed properly.
    Last edited by David Mc; 04-27-2015 at 05:41 AM.

My Cars
    320CI 1999
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Burn the extracted .nrg file to a disk using Nero, then follow this ENGLISH SETUP.pdf
    I did exactly how the instructions said and i can't get past IFH-0006 error. It appears only if I access Transmission,Chassis,Body and Communication systems. The engine tab works fine...no error there. I use a K+Dcan on a 1999 e46. Can someone help me please .

My Cars
    E87, E90
    Can I have the password for INPA please?

My Cars
    E87, E90
    Quote Originally Posted by SPK1337 View Post
    Can anyone help me with a download link for part 53? I have downloaded all the other parts but the sharing site won't let me download this last one. They want me to pay for a premium account which isn't going to happen.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Quote Originally Posted by VladPC View Post
    I did exactly how the instructions said and i can't get past IFH-0006 error. It appears only if I access Transmission,Chassis,Body and Communication systems. The engine tab works fine...no error there. I use a K+Dcan on a 1999 e46. Can someone help me please .
    Bridge pin 7&8 of your cable, but not permanently.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    BMW E60 530d
    Hi guys!

I am a new member on this forum.
    First, I can't find a thread where I can introduce myself.
    Then, I can't find a link to download INPA program.
    I have downloaded ZIP file named BMW Standard Tools 2.12. that is only 33,5 MB big.
    I drive BMW E60 530d, 2005 year of production and I am having some troubles with it.
    What programs do I need for this car?

Sorry for my bad English, I have been learning it only in high school for 4 years.
    I would be grateful if anybody could help.

Thanks!

My Cars
    1984 BMW 318i
    Hello david, i'm new in the forum, i'm about to buy an inpa cable, but i'm looking for the software. Some cables include software, but i don't which one. I think you can't find a place to download anymore, must weblinks are down. Can you advice a type of software. thks.

My Cars
    1984 BMW 318i
    Hello david, i'm new in the forum, i'm about to buy an inpa cable, but i'm looking for the software. Some cables include software, but i don't which one. I think you can't find a place to download anymore, must weblinks are down. Can you advice a type of software. thks.

My Cars
    E90 335d
    Hello fellow BImer owners..

I know I am reviving a super old thread here, but is there still any valid links or anything out there for INPA?

I am trying to diagnose my E90 335d. I know it's something with the fuel system, but not exactly sure which component. I do not know if it has thrown and stored any codes (the SES light is on, but has also been on since I bought the car a few months ago), and I am trying to avoid just throwing money at parts and (to some extent) guessing which part it is.

The car cutsout and simply dies, when fuel demand goes up. In other words, anytime I accelerate, its as though the engine is starved of fuel, and it dies. Could be the HPFP, maybe the quantity control valve or the high pressure fuel sensor. I does start and idle; it "bumps" though..

76k miles; Full emissions delete & Malone 2.5 tune

In any case, I am hoping a code is stored and I can diagnaose it, but cant find a *full* version of INPA.
    I am running WIndows 10 and have the BimmerGeeks cable with 3 position switch.

I have found a few .rar and other file forms; downloaded and either was a complete failure, or script files are missing and i alwasy got "Error compiling script file".

After reading through several threads, I understand its common for script and other files ot not download or copy. I would do all the file copying, but I'm not even sure what all is supposed to be in there.

Any help is greatly appreciated; thank you in advance

Cheers

My Cars
    1997 BMW 840Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by 335dCoalRoller View Post
    Hello fellow BImer owners..

I know I am reviving a super old thread here, but is there still any valid links or anything out there for INPA?

I am trying to diagnose my E90 335d. I know it's something with the fuel system, but not exactly sure which component. I do not know if it has thrown and stored any codes (the SES light is on, but has also been on since I bought the car a few months ago), and I am trying to avoid just throwing money at parts and (to some extent) guessing which part it is.

The car cutsout and simply dies, when fuel demand goes up. In other words, anytime I accelerate, its as though the engine is starved of fuel, and it dies. Could be the HPFP, maybe the quantity control valve or the high pressure fuel sensor. I does start and idle; it "bumps" though..

76k miles; Full emissions delete & Malone 2.5 tune

In any case, I am hoping a code is stored and I can diagnaose it, but cant find a *full* version of INPA.
    I am running WIndows 10 and have the BimmerGeeks cable with 3 position switch.

I have found a few .rar and other file forms; downloaded and either was a complete failure, or script files are missing and i alwasy got "Error compiling script file".

After reading through several threads, I understand its common for script and other files ot not download or copy. I would do all the file copying, but I'm not even sure what all is supposed to be in there.

Any help is greatly appreciated; thank you in advance

Cheers
    I'm also looking for an INPA install so I can read data and codes on my E31
    ~ AMurph ~
    ~Nor Cal E31 Owner~

My Cars
    e60 530i 2006 MysticBlue
    Hi guys.

I use this Inpa version, working fine also on Win10.

https://mega.nz/#F!Uo1ETAoD!3VR5py4MZP8Hg75SPhtgMw
    If my answers help you to FIX your problems with car, you can always donate me using PayPal :

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...MNN&source=url

My Cars
    00 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by wjgud123 View Post
    Hi guys.

I use this Inpa version, working fine also on Win10.

https://mega.nz/#F!Uo1ETAoD!3VR5py4MZP8Hg75SPhtgMw
    Did you have to run it through a virtual machine? If so, did you use VM Ware? I have 64bit Windows 10. Just trying to understand what I'm getting myself into before I start trying to install and run the program. Thanks
    ~Trey

00 540i/M6 Forgelines, M-pars, and boom, Oh my.

My Cars
    2002 E46 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign540 View Post
    Did you have to run it through a virtual machine? If so, did you use VM Ware? I have 64bit Windows 10. Just trying to understand what I'm getting myself into before I start trying to install and run the program. Thanks
    https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1126314
    No virtual machine required for this software

My Cars
    00 540i
    Thank you! I appreciate you putting in the time to make the videos. I'll be sure to watch it very soon.
    ~Trey

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    There is a great download of INPA on bimmergeeks. I just installed it on my win10 machine. No virtual machine needed. There is a Read me file included in the download that gives complete instructions for install.

My Cars
    00 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by armenh7 View Post
    https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1126314
    No virtual machine required for this software
    So I used your video for Windows 10 to install the INPA I downloaded using the link from wjgud123 above. Thank you again for the video as it was a huge help. I get to the point where you're opening the Coding tool(mine wasn't listed as an updater, just the coding tool) and selecting the Select SP-source button. I go into the NCS folder->Daten->E39 and get an error saying it's not a valid source. Even if I put the E39 folder directly under NCS it gives me this error. The folder isn't empty. Is it just bad. Do I need to obtain another? Where can I find another copy?

Also, if I just skip this and launch the INPA program I seem to be able to connect and communicate without issues. So is the above data file needed for me to properly interact with the ECU with INPA?

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Sovereign540; 04-13-2020 at 12:38 PM.
    ~Trey

My Cars
    2002 E46 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign540 View Post
    So I used your video for Windows 10 to install the INPA I downloaded using the link from wjgud123 above. Thank you again for the video as it was a huge help. I get to the point where you're opening the Coding tool(mine wasn't listed as an updater, just the coding tool) and selecting the Select SP-source button. I go into the NCS folder->Daten->E39 and get an error saying it's not a valid source. Even if I put the E39 folder directly under NCS it gives me this error. The folder isn't empty. Is it just bad. Do I need to obtain another? Where can I find another copy?

Also, if I just skip this and launch the INPA program I seem to be able to connect and communicate without issues. So is the above data file needed for me to properly interact with the ECU with INPA?

Thanks for the help.
    You don't need to update the SP daten. You usually do that if you face issues but it is not necessary

My Cars
    00 540i
    Thank you! I appreciate the help.
    ~Trey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123