Thread: DIS v57 set up on HP Laptop NC4200 - Error 200.152

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i

DIS v57 set up on HP Laptop NC4200 - Error 200.152

Background
    Hi, I have set up loads of diagnostic kits using DIS v44, DIS v57 & SSS Progman for friends without issue in the past, both using Diaghead Emulators & Fister's Easy DIS. So I have a reasonabl understanding what's involved in the installs & where things usually go wrong.

However, I have hit a brick wall when it has come to setting up a kit on a HP Compaq nc4200. I am getting the following error:

Diagnosis Bus Error
    A system fault has occurred.
    The connection to the diagnositis head must be checked.
    Error number: 200.152

Here are some supporting facts:

- INPA works fine on the laptop

- I can ping the virtual machine from the DOS command prompt on the real computer

- I can ping the real computer from the UNIX command prompt on the virtual machine

- Antivirus software as been turned off

- Firewall has been turned off

- When using a DIS v57 set up with the Diagnostic Head emulator there arre no issues establishing a connection to the Diagnostic Head, the "bars" relating to the diagnostic head appear when diagnostic head is "connected"

N.B. Just to prove it was not a Diaghead issue I also get the same error number 200.152 when I tried using an Easy DIS base with (for clarity, with no diagead emulator).

- I've also tried to change the diaghead IP address within the "hosts" file in the UNIX machine from 192.168.68.1 to 192.168.68.31, the same error appears irrespective of which IP is assigned to diaghead.

- The Diaghead Emulator shows a "connected" status once IFHsrv32 & DIS v57 are running.

- The cable works perfectly fine on my Dell Laptop with anear identical set up. The cable is a K+D CAN cable with the K+D CAN Utility set up correctly.

There's loads of thread with error 200.159 but this is different, it's error 200.152. I had the same issue on another HP laptop a while back but I had abandoned it till now.

I'm tearing my air out trying to figure this one out, as anyone any ideas?

1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    E28 M5 #31
    check ip in vmnet1 ipv4, maybe dchp is auto changing ip address after each boot,
    i have had this a few times, looks ok when you check actual settings but check ipv4 properties first and see what that reports ip to be.

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Thanks for the reply Jimmy, I'll look in to that later.

I have my IP set to static for VMNet1.
    Last edited by rebel.ranter; 11-13-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Just to come back to this to close it out. The reason that error 200.152 comes up is due to trying to use a version of Ediabas 7 with DIS.
    I had inadvertly updated to Ediabas 7.0.0 & never realised. I hope this helps someone, don't go above 6.4.7 or you'll get error 200.152. The link between the error & the version of Ediabas is not clear from other posts.
    Last edited by rebel.ranter; 03-31-2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Typo

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    6.4.3 and 6.4.7 should work with DIS.

My DIS has internal 6.4.7 (Backwards compatible)

EDIABAS 7 is a no go though...
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    My main reason for coming back to update this thread was to establish the link between Ediabas 7 & Error 200.152. The silly thing is I knew before all this about the issues with Ediabas 7!

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    My main reason for coming back to update this thread was to establish the link between Ediabas 7 & Error 200.152. The silly thing is I knew before all this about the issues with Ediabas 7!

Yeap I also went through this issue..Updated ediabas to 7.2 and DIS stopped working...Took me awhile to realize this but I back track to what I did to laptop and realized changing Ediabas to newer one no longer made DIS able to communicate with car.
    *CODING BMWs in N.Y Area 917-939-4980*
    Call or Text for INFO

My Cars
    E60
    Appreciate this is a very old thread but I have DIS v57 showing error 200.152 which seems to be associated with ifhsvr32.exe. I had to download this file separately as it was not in the original archive that I had and I wonder if there are different versions of this file.

Mine is ifhsvr32.exe 21/12/2011, perhaps there is a later version?