Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best E39 M5 rep front bumper?

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by E36 328is View Post
    For the front bumper does the ABS upgrade for $99 correct the bumper being short on the sides?
    none of them are "short" on the sides, but for best fitment you can adjust the slide guides and the way the rebar is installed to make the best fitting install.
    Even OEM bumpers are short on the sides on many cars.

Quote Originally Posted by joel540i View Post
    +1 I would like to know this as well. Is there an actual noticeable difference with this bumper?
    Quote Originally Posted by senser View Post
    I'm interested as well. I've read other places that ABS is easier for paint to adhere to so it's easier for a body shop to work with.

Not entirely clear on that though.

Is anyone running a ModBargains brand rep bumper?
    Can't speak for a specific vendor, but almost all these bumpers only come in 3 varieties, OEM, Aftermarket Taiwan, or Aftermarket China.
    Stay away from China's bumpers at this time. Taiwan bumpers are what we sell in 2 varieties and that's what most people sell. We had a write up on these differences in great detail in an earlier forum post, look that up for best info

Quote Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
    I will be buying the ABS rep bumpers from Umnitza and painting them myself in a few weeks so I hope to update on fit/finish and ease of prep/paint also using PPG base/clear like I did with my trim and pillars.
    PPG is a good paint.
    We also have wagon bumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    I think this is what I will do too (but will let a pro body shop do the paint-match).
    Good idea!

My Cars
    E34 540,E39 540T,635euro
    Quote Originally Posted by hon2bmw View Post
    Yes, it is on the OEM bumper the engineers who designed your car put it there for a reason:

BMW part # 51118191149
    Yes I got the rubber strip on my bumper and it does not hang too low at all. its a seal and makes for a tight fit with no obvious gaps

My Cars
    E28, E32, E39, E53, E90
    Test fit my E39 M5 replica front bumper last week. Here are the results with just the bumper and no support bar yet:

Link: https://youtu.be/jpwFpRzDmGk

So far the fit and finish is perfect, I'm really impressed with it for the $155. The rear bumper just arrived as they ship slowly with Greyhound GPX package service so I'll update that test fit as well. Everything is getting painted along with a few other parts within the next month and I'll update again. I ordered the Taiwan polypropylene version from eBay.

Fingers crossed that fitment is acceptable after mounted to the bumper supports.

My Cars
    W220 S55 AMG, E39 540i6
    Quote Originally Posted by rbelton View Post
    Test fit my E39 M5 replica front bumper last week. Here are the results with just the bumper and no support bar yet:

Link: https://youtu.be/jpwFpRzDmGk

So far the fit and finish is perfect, I'm really impressed with it for the $155. The rear bumper just arrived as they ship slowly with Greyhound GPX package service so I'll update that test fit as well. Everything is getting painted along with a few other parts within the next month and I'll update again. I ordered the Taiwan polypropylene version from eBay.

Fingers crossed that fitment is acceptable after mounted to the bumper supports.
    Hate to burst your bubble. But once you put the support bar on it’ll push the bumper out and cause the typical shortage by the fender wells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris
    -------------------------------------
    04 Mercedes S55 AMG
    97 BMW 540i6

My Cars
    M5, E61
    yep, this video was posted on another thread as well with the same advice given

My Cars
    E28, E32, E39, E53, E90
    Quote Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
    yep, this video was posted on another thread as well with the same advice given
    the rear bumpers are fine? no gap?

My Cars
    M5, E61
    PP no, same thing.
    ABS is the only one that lines up.
    We have quite a few ABS - only a few PP, so we don't care which you get

My Cars
    E28, E32, E39, E53, E90
    Also just in case anyone reading is thinking about paint cost, my local body shop in Fairfield county Connecticut charging $400 per bumper for paint. I'm not sure if that's average or on the higher side, but the shop owner is incredibly detailed and a perfectionist. He's also giving me a discount on painting a new hood so it is a pretty good price all together.

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by rbelton View Post
    Also just in case anyone reading is thinking about paint cost, my local body shop in Fairfield county Connecticut charging $400 per bumper for paint. I'm not sure if that's average or on the higher side, but the shop owner is incredibly detailed and a perfectionist. He's also giving me a discount on painting a new hood so it is a pretty good price all together.
    Our paint is 250 per bumper higher on special colors

My Cars
    M5, E61
    Quote Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
    Our paint is 250 per bumper higher on special colors
    250 per bumper, and higher for specialty colors like special metallics

My Cars
    e34,e38,e39,e46,e70,e90
    So how will the Umnitza cover stand up to the stress of adding a Hamman carbon lip?

02 e39 540i Sport (Son), 01 DINAN 7 (Me), 12 e70 X5 x35i (Mrs), 95 e34 525i (Daughter 2), 01 e46 325Ci vert (Daughter 1)

My Cars
    E28, E32, E39, E53, E90
    $250 is a great price for paint!

Here is the rear bumper test fit, again not on the core support yet and no crash foam.

https://youtu.be/Ly2IqdiiQKY

My Cars
    1998 BMW 528i
    Nice car man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123