Thread: ABS sensor rubbing inside hub?

My Cars
    2001 325Ci

ABS sensor rubbing inside hub?

Hi guys!

I recently had my front left wheel speed sensor go bad on me so I had to replace it (PITA!!!). I noticed a rubbing noise when turning the brake disk but it seemed on a specific spot, not constant or random.

I assumed it was the old sensor and when I finally managed to remove it everything looked fine, no more noise. The problem is when I installed the new sensor and started assembling everything back I realized the new sensor also seemed to be rubbing!

Does someone has an idea about what I should check? Maybe the hub/bearing are bad?

EDIT: My car's a 2001 325CI if that helps.

So far my best guess is the bearing might have too much play which, since I have to way to remove it or press a new one in, means I'd have to buy a whole hub... Any others ideas?

So far my best guess is the bearing might have too much play which, since I have no way to remove it or press a new one in, means I'd have to buy a whole hub... Any others ideas?

So far my best guess is the bearing might have too much play which, since I have no way to remove it or press a new one in, means I'd have to buy a whole hub... Any others ideas?
    Last edited by RBeater; 10-28-2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2001 325Ci
    Received and installed the new hub and bearing today, everything seems fine now so I suppose my guess was right. By the way that bearing inner race is a bitch to remove... Anyway the only thing bothering me is that I stripped the abs sensor's bolt so I replaced it with a generic bolt... Could this cause a problem? I dont think so but I'd like to be sure. Thanks.

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3 Roadster
    How many miles did you have on the car at the time you changed the bearing?
    Last edited by caseye21; 08-10-2018 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Looking for an answer.