Thread: Source for OEM BMW Headliner material

My Cars
    CSi#18, Tesla S85

Source for OEM BMW Headliner material

Does anyone know a source for the lighter gray OEM BMW headliner material. I can find the darker gray, but not the OEM lighter color.

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    S.O.L.
    Been looking for that for several years, and every time there was hope, there was disappointment.
    Opted for ultra suede.
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    '01 740i, '99 528iT
    I went thru this a few years back. To the best of my knowledge, original (OEM) factory material is NOT sold to aftermarket suppliers (even though many claim to have "factory" material). You'll have to settle for substitutes - all of which are not as nice as the real thing. Color matching is difficult and texture matching is practically impossible, at least on post '93 models (US).

Frankie
    Texas, USA
    frankies-bmw.com

My Cars
    bmw 850i
    Few months back I bought 2 new c pillars, however since production is discontinued and I needed 2 black ones, but only 1 was still available, I bought second one in gray.
    Look at the pics of fabric, gray one is twice as thick and black one has different type 'grain' material. I guess that latter on BMW chaged manufacturer or they used clearly different type of fabric.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 840Ci, 1985 Fer
    How did you fasten it to the panel?.....3M spray?
    Matthew M.
    North Carolina, USA
    1997 840Ci | 2001 740iL | 1985 308GTSi Quattrovalvole

My Cars
    bmw 850i
    Some kind of sprayed glue for sure

My Cars
    1997 BMW 840Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by rogbmw View Post
    Does anyone know a source for the lighter gray OEM BMW headliner material. I can find the darker gray, but not the OEM lighter color.
    You might try this company. I ran across it some time ago and saved the link. I've never contacted them or purchased product but maybe worth a shot.
    http://www.veteranco.com/index.html

My Cars
    1997 BMW 840Ci, 1985 Fer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultim8 View Post
    You might try this company. I ran across it some time ago and saved the link. I've never contacted them or purchased product but maybe worth a shot.
    Those look like some nice headliner fabrics over there. Thanks!
    Matthew M.
    North Carolina, USA
    1997 840Ci | 2001 740iL | 1985 308GTSi Quattrovalvole

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    I bought some before. Doesn't match at all.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    How about this one ? http://www.headlinerexpress.com/
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    Sorry, had them mixed up. Headliner express didn't match, apparently veteranco does.

My Cars
    '97 840CI
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post

I purchased headliner material from Headliner Express a little over two years ago. Their product line may have changed. I purchased a material then called "BMW OE Cloth 1/8th" Foam Back Headliner (Anthracite (Black))"

From the current Headliner Express web site:

http://www.headlinerexpress.com/bmw-...ner-p-773.html

they may still be offering the same material. Most dealers will send you a small sample.

This is not the same material as e31 original, but it was exactly what I wanted. In an e-mail from Headliner Express, I received this information at the time about the headliner material that purchased, "The Anthracite is exclusive to the M3 & M5's, Made in Germany".

I also bought some of the exact same material from Veterans Company (BM134) following Koizumi work.

Veteran Company web-site, appears to be called Global Upholstery Supply now:

http://www.globalupholstery.com/HL_bmw.html

Don't see BM134 on their web site.

Personal taste, but just not a fan of headliner material with a nap. Brought the roof section to a professional and I did the pillars.

Would like to find the same material but without the foam backing for the A and C pillars. The fold over at the joint with the roof section is a little bulky.

Not all spray headliner adhesives are created equal. The $20 a can headliner adhesive available at Jo Anne Fabrics worked well for me along with the $22 a can 3M 76 which I could only find on-line. I need to redo a C Pillar where I used the $10 a can "heavy duty" Permatex Headliner and Carpet Adhesive. Maybe a bonding issue with the pillar plastic. Would not impress Jake Elwood, needs to be strong stuff.
    Last edited by Mike in CT; 10-28-2012 at 05:43 AM.

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    Mike,

Your car looks amazing. Job well done!

My Cars
    1995 BMW 840

Veteranco for Headliner MAterial

I purchased my headliner from Veteranco. Excellent sales staff and the material was flawless. Ask for Hovik,
    Phone: (800) 524-3330 or (323) 937-2233

Bimmerman 44

Quote Originally Posted by Ultim8 View Post

My Cars
    1990 735I (E32) M30
    I came across this older thread.....thought I'd post. I used a company called GAHH. They purchase factory over runs from BMW. I did the two front seats, armreest covers and headliner. Four yards of perfect material. I forget how much it cost me, but it was exact. After my guy did the headliner, sunroof and all pillers, I had enough left over for the sunroof again. Here's the link. http://www.gahh.com/

Jeff

My Cars
    1997 bmw 840ci
    Heard you SICK PUPPIES were a wealth of knowledge for 8 owners. I have a headliner I need to get replaced (GRAY) and would appreciate your input for material and install reco. I live in NW Arkansas, but sometimes have opportunity to come to Dallas.

Thanks,
    Roger Baker

My Cars
    '91 E31 850i,'05 E53 4.4
    Guys is it possible to reuse the original grey headliner material?
    I swear, my cars are like a girlfriend.
    Sometimes its a rough ride, sometimes its smooth motorin'.
    Sometimes she doesnt like how i treat her and sometimes i dont like how she behaves.
    BUT at the end of the day, she loves it when I am inside her.

My Cars
    911 + E31
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    Guys is it possible to reuse the original grey headliner material?
    Nope. Not possible.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528i
    This looks like the light grey everyone is looking for - http://www.headlinerexpress.com/head...008-p-757.html

My Cars
    1994 E31 850CSi
    Quote Originally Posted by rogbmw View Post
    Having a similar problem here in NZ, trying to source replacement headliner material for my Euro 850CSi.
    It is the original 'Anthracite' lining but is definitely not 'Black': in fact, when using black fabric colour samples for comparison, it seems more like a dark charcoal gray - even allowing for some fade due to its age.
    Similarly, the Anthracite sample shown on the 'Headliner Express' web page also appears to be too 'black'.
    So far I haven't been able to source anything close to the original colour in the correct liner material.

Is the darker gray you mention the one that I need?
    I want the new lining colour and fabric texture to be as close as possible to original.
    Current:
    1994 E31 850CSi Sterlingsilber/Anthracite Buffalo

Previous:
    1987 E28 M5 Delphin
    1986 E23 M745iA Arctic Blue
    1986 E24 635CSi Polaris
    1976 E3 3.0 Si Arctic Blue

My Cars
    97 M3
    pelicanparts sells foam backed material by the yard.

My Cars
    '02 330ci 00 740spt
    I've ordered a sample from Fabric Express that 'appears' to have matching fabric. They don't list BMW, oddly, but I have a piece from the removable hardtop headliner (which is what I'm replacing) and it looks good on screen. I'll post again once I get it. 1/8 Flat Knit Headliner Fabric 2350 Ebony, 2002 E46 convertible