Thread: Great Service Manual for 1995 750iL

My Cars
    1995 750iL

Great Service Manual for 1995 750iL

I am looking for a good manual on servicing my new to me 750iL. If this questions has been asked then please point me to the link.

I have a headlight out and cannot figuire out how to change the light. I am guessing the dealership will charge a pretty penny for something I should be able to do myself.

Any help would be appreciated. I see books for the 3 series and the 5 series but nothing on the 7 series.

Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    1998 M3

Many infor on this site....

www.e38.org

Many excellent info and links.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740iL

Service Manual for your 95 750

The service manuals for "modern" BMW cars, which includes the E38, are only published on CD ROM now. The service information is on a CD named TIS (Technical Information System) and a good companion to have is the EPC or ETK (Electronic Parts Catalog). Together these give you a lot of good information for servicing and repair of your car. There will be some issues and repairs that cannot be solved with these CDs for example electrical wiring or component location information is not in these CDs. BMW provides a computer based diagnostic and repair informaiton system (named DIS or DISPlus or GT1 depending on the vintage of the system) to their dealers but it is not widely available to owners. You could buy a GT1 from the Central Letter Shop www.centrallettershop.com if you really wanted one but it costs @ $15K.

There is an online set of schematics for the 95 model year linked at the www.e38.org site. These are of some help if you know how to read schematics.

The first thing I recommend to you is to get a set of the service CDs from Ebay or on the various classified sections on the web. GOod luck with your new car.
    regards,