Thread: 85 325e Front Wheel hub replacing

My Cars
    1985 BMW 325e coupe
    Im replacing the front wheel hubs on my 85 325e.I have looked on pelican and here but still need some answers please.What is a complete parts list. Dust covers.are there two on each side? 36mm socket?tools list and anti seize or grease list.Thanks All

Quote Originally Posted by atxo4
    Im replacing the front wheel hubs on my 85 325e.I have looked on pelican and here but still need some answers please.What is a complete parts list. Dust covers.are there two on each side? 36mm socket?tools list and anti seize or grease list.Thanks All
    anyone?
    Last edited by atxo4; 10-10-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1991 1994 BMW 318is

front wheel hubs

Some discussions on the forum. Search 'front wheel hubs' I'm looking at this myself right now. FAG is the OEM $111 on pelican. Timken I've heard is good U.S. brand and its 95.99 on Autozone.

Also maybe look at the Bentley manual and Real OEM?

One dust cover. You will just transfer the dust cover to the new hub.
    Last edited by starfish22; 11-28-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '87 325e ~ 1990 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by atxo4 View Post

anyone?
    You will need a 36mm socket. It needs to be thin-walled so it will fit in there. I would go to Sears to get this, as I did this and it worked like a champ. You will also use it to put the hub back on.

You will need a breaker bar to get the nut off.

That's pretty much it, everything else can be reused (if you're using a new hub, I got a FAG/Timeken from autozone for less then 90$)

good luck, if you have any other issues feel free to post.