Thread: The best exhaust for a 98 E36 M3???

My Cars
    E30 M3, e92 M3, X3M comp

Thumbs up The best exhaust for a 98 E36 M3???

I have been doing some searching and I have three that I am thinking about but if anyone else has any others that they like please let me know. The fist one is the Eisenmann Race 76mm; the second is the Dinan, The third Active Autowerke. I am looking for something that sounds good but is not too loud. But I would like it to be deeper. If anyone has some sound clips that would be great. Again if anyone has any others that I should look at please let me know.

My Cars
    Byzanz M3/4/6
    A used aftermarket exhaust
    I like my B&B tri-flo others like AA gen III and others prefer something else.
    Lots of options, try a search.
    Byzanz on black M3/4/6

My Cars
    2006 Z4 3.0si TiAg
    I just went through a similar search for my 95 M3. What I found:

1) Dinan seems expensive and does not look that good. I have a friend with it on his 95 and it is OK - but not memorable.
    2) AA seems to be a favorite - good sound & reasonable price. A little on the quiet side of aftermarket exhausts. No staggered tips, tho (if it matters)
    3) Eisenmann sounds great (do a search for Arman's clips or check out the Eisenmann site for his clips). Negatives: You have to wait a while (6-8 weeks_. I was also concerned that it would be too loud in race form, but I could never hear the sport version. I came very close to getting the Eisenmann, but did not want to pay the extra money and wait the extra time.

I looked for months and ended up going with Stromung. Noticeable, but w/o drone. Really screams at the top end and has a nice burble and "spit" on off-throttle. Looks great, too. You can get from M3 Motorwerks or Bimmer95 (Understeer.com) for the same price.

Jeff
    2006 Z4 3.0 si
    6 spd

2004 325i auto (DD). GONE.

2013 Honda Ridgeline

My Cars
    1998 M3?
    I too would like an exhaust for my 98. I would love to see a dyno comparison between Stromung and AA.

My Cars
    fortwo
    I solved this probelm two days ago. My 98 M3 was sounding a little weak so I purchased a B&B Tri-Flo. Problem solved! It looks great with the dual chrome tips, it has a nice rumble at idle, it actually is not as loud as I feared, ( I believe it could be louder ), it does not drone whatsoever. My only regret: not buying it the day I bought my car. Here is why I chose B&B

1) Dinan is a good exhaust. It's nice and deep, not as loud as the B&B. It's major problem is that it is way to expensive.

2) AA is a favorite among everyone here at bimmerforums. Unfortunately, it seems that AA has quality issues. Something as simple as a Cat-Back exhaust should not require much maintinence at all, yet a lot of people have had to reweld their exhausts which kinda sucks. Consistancy among products is usually a good thing and supposedly no two AA exhaust sound the same. Some say their exhaust has become extremely loud, while others say their exhaust is extremely quiet. Put two AA Gen 3 exhausts next to each other, and I assure you, they will sound drastically different.

3) everyone loves the eisenmann race. but as mentioned above it will take a very long time to get it.

Get the B&B

My Cars
    E36 M3
    OMG!!!!!!! try searching for this topic. There are probably 10,000 threads on this.

My Cars
    1995 M3, 2001 Pathfinder
    Yeah, there are tons of threads about this. I would read a couple of them to get an idea of the pros and cons of each. I am thinking about putting up an add in the for sale forum for a used Stromung because any new exhaust it too expensive.
    -Tim 1995 M3 Avus/black
    Conforti Euro Intake w/ TMS chip, Motorsport Brace, X Brace, Black UUC TME, V2 Splitters, DEPO's w/ DDE Plus & 6000K HIDs, Hardwired V1, UUC Twin Silencer exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit w/ Bilsteins, Speed Star SP1's in 18" by 8.5"
    WTB - 318 sedan
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...4#post16285694

My Cars
    Spaceship
    Uh No

This Is Teh 0nly 3xhauzzt Threaadd On Bf.c
    -Jarrett

'04 Scoobaru STi
    Cobb Stage 2 Accessport, HKS 3'' Catless DP, Helix 3'' Catback, Progress Coilovers, Cobb 25mm R. Sway, Cobb Formula Street/Track Pads, Whiteline Diff. Bushings, Rota Torque 17x8 w/ Hankook RS-2, Omori 60mm Boost Gauge, Ricer Wing.

My Cars
    97' M3, 00' S2000
    I've been getting good feedback from people about my AA Gen 3 exhaust. I also have an intake so once I go past 4500 rpm, it sounds like a monster. The best part is that it is quiet below 4000 rpm. For me, this is a good setup because I don't have to worry about droning at low rpm's in everyday driving!

My Cars
    ex-E36 M3, now 05 MCS DS/W
    Have you heard the Stromung? In terms of noise level, I would say it's between Eisenmann Race and AA Gen III. It sends out a low deep bassy rumble at low RPMs and no droning when you're cruising on the fwy. The first day I got it installed, some guy with e36 4door pulled up next to me at a light and complemented me on the exhaust and asked me what it is.
    John
    05 MCS (200.75whp/179.83wtq)
    ■ ALTA ■ GIAC ■ MINIMANIA.COM HEADER ■ INVIDIA ■ B&M ■ R-SPEED ■ M7 ■ LOTF ENGINE DAMPER ■ ASA AR1 ■

My Cars
    E30 M3, e92 M3, X3M comp

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Just put the Stromung on my car from understeer.com. Great exhaust - not loud in city traffic, but really opens up when you lay down on the pedal. For me, it was the perfect mix of sound and civility. If you're looking for something that's quiet, then I would recommend that you look at the Stromung.

My Cars
    97 BMW M3, 08 VW Rabbit S
    buy uuc tse exhaust, best value for the price, excellent fit and sound, nice tips.. what more do u need?