Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running 11" wide rear wheels on an e36?

My Cars
    98' 318Ti Cali Edition

Anyone running 11" wide rear wheels on an e36?

Hey BF.c, how's it going?

I came across some some full polish multi piece beauties online last night and just had to scoop them up.. 17x9" fronts with 3" lips and 17x11" rears with 4" lips. I'm curious if anyone is running 11" wide wheels because I found nothing in my search other than a widebody e36 with them (but I hate Wide-body panels)

Soo, Is anyone running 11" wide wheels on an e36? If so, what size tires are you running? I've never run an 11" wide wheel before & I'm really curious about what size tires I should buy, I'm looking for something with a little bit of stretch, but nothing to crazy.

Please post pics

My Cars
    e36M3 e30is e39it
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDRO FIVER View Post
    Hey BF.c, how's it going?

I came across some some full polish multi piece beauties online last night and just had to scoop them up.. 17x9" fronts with 3" lips and 17x11" rears with 4" lips. I'm curious if anyone is running 11" wide wheels because I found nothing in my search other than a widebody e36 with them (but I hate Wide-body panels)

Soo, Is anyone running 11" wide wheels on an e36? If so, what size tires are you running? I've never run an 11" wide wheel before & I'm really curious about what size tires I should buy, I'm looking for something with a little bit of stretch, but nothing to crazy.

Please post pics
    I did 10.5" squared on my car.

I rolled and pulled and the lip was perfectly flush. If you dont mind poking 12.7mm more than I did, than you can do 18x11 et24, out back.

Im gonna run 11" on my car, but Im also going to expand the fender 12.7mm. Im not a fan of much poke.

-Paul

edit: Im gonna run a stretched 265/35/18 on my 11".

What are the offsets on the wheels your interested in? I HIGHLY doubt they will work.
    Last edited by 336motorsports; 09-29-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    PM/email me for some of the cleanest and safest redrills money can buy.
    info@ewheelworks.com
    I can also powder coat, polish, and plate for a very competitive price.

ewheelworks.com

My Cars
    98' 318Ti Cali Edition
    Ohh, I'm gonna make them fit one way or the other lol.. But they are 17x9 up front and 17x11 in the rear. I may be a little bit off when it comes to the backspacing to offset conversion, but according to the Wheel Tech Info chart, the rears would be a 19 offset. I'm currently searching for a rear camber kit as well, as i'm figuring I will most likely need it.

But i'm gonna google that tire size now

My Cars
    96' 328is
    I have a set of spc lower rear adjustable arms that I won't need here in the next week or so

My Cars
    98' 318Ti Cali Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gdsm View Post
    I have a set of spc lower rear adjustable arms that I won't need here in the next week or so
    are they off of a Ti? The sedan and coupe arms are slightly different

My Cars
    e36m3<3 & a e30
    lol you dont have a chance of making those work without custom metal work. Even with additional metal, at that offset and those widths, they prob still wont work.

ninja edit: LOLOLOLOL you have a ti, dont buy them!! You plan on running 11in wide whels with a 1.8/9ltr motor? DUMB. It will be even slower than stock. Pointless.

sorry for being a dick, but its true
    Last edited by JustinE36M3; 09-29-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    98' 318Ti Cali Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinE36M3 View Post
    lol you dont have a chance of making those work without custom metal work. Even with additional metal, at that offset and those widths, they prob still wont work.

ninja edit: LOLOLOLOL you have a ti, dont buy them!! You plan on running 11in wide whels with a 1.8/9ltr motor? DUMB. It will be even slower than stock. Pointless.

sorry for being a dick, but its true
    ehh, I'll figure something out lol.. But it's not a 1.9 for long, currently in the shop with an s50 swap sitting next to it

My Cars
    96' 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDRO FIVER

are they off of a Ti? The sedan and coupe arms are slightly different
    No they are from a non ti.

My Cars
    e36m3<3 & a e30
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDRO FIVER View Post
    ehh, I'll figure something out lol.. But it's not a 1.9 for long, currently in the shop with an s50 swap sitting next to it
    still to wide for just 200hp. Honestly youll get better performance out of a 8.5/9in wide wheel

My Cars
    98' 318Ti Cali Edition
    still to wide for just 200hp. Honestly youll get better performance out of a 8.5/9in wide wheel
    I wish I had found the wheels in 9.5, but this was the first set i've seen for sale in a few years so I hopped on them. All in all, I'm going to give them a try and see how it goes. If they turn out to be a bust, I already have a few buddies that have called dibs on them. I also have a brand new set of Borbet Type A's I purchased last week & a set of staggered style 5's that I came across tonight and jumped on. So I've got a few options in hand to mess around with.

My Cars
    e36m3<3 & a e30
    Pics of the type A's? And are the 5s 17s or 18s?

And what are the wheels with the 11in rears?

My Cars
    98 M3

This!

My Cars
    Busted E36

Sig by Compactive - Photo by 1013MM

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    I totally understand big tires when you can't get traction and you are already in third gear but this stretched tire shit is just ugly and silly.
    97 BMW M3 (s52b32) - VF-Supercharger kit ( Vortech V2-SQ supercharger, 32 pound injectors, VF tuning ), VDO/LeatherZ Gauge Kit (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Boost), UUC Motorwerks RSC36 Exhaust, Stainless Steel 6-2 Exhaust Headers, Bilstein Sports, Rear Adjustable Camber bushings, Wheel Spacers 10mm in front 25mm in back, Uprated Clutch, UUC Shift Knob, Short Shifter and Clutch Stop, Cross Brace, Mason Engineering front strut bar, Contour Wheels, Euro Ellipsoid (Angel Eyes) HID Headlights, braided steel brake lines, aluminum thermostat housing, mishimoto aluminum radiator and silicone hoses and a partridge in a pear tree

My Cars
    RX-78-2, RX-93v
    11" wide wheels - because 200whp. This is dumb.

My Cars
    98' 318Ti Cali Edition

the borbets are 16's and should be here tomorrow or tuesday according to tracking. The style 5's (17x8 17x9) I should have in my hands by the end of the night, currently waiting on the owner to text me back with his address to scoop them up.

As for the wide ones, I don't remember what the actual style name is called, But they are Kakimoto wheels, they've got full polished centers+lips. They are the ones with the twisted 5 star, not the ones that look like ACS wheels (for those who know what i'm talking about)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertFontaine View Post
    I totally understand big tires when you can't get traction and you are already in third gear but this stretched tire shit is just ugly and silly.
    the rubber will barely have enough stretch to even be considered "stretched tires"

Thanks man, Didn't know he was running 11 rears, Thanks for the heads up though!
    Last edited by ANDRO FIVER; 09-30-2012 at 03:49 PM.

My Cars
    95 M3, 99 528i M, 98 e39
    did you ever get the 11'' to fit? im going to go with no. Bc i ran 10.5" but with e46 m3 offset and that took me 4 hours a side with a fender roller to even get it close and your still an inch wider than i was. pics if it happened!!

1995 M3 Vortech Supercharged

My Cars
    e36M3 e30is e39it
    Quote Originally Posted by HTOWN///M View Post
    did you ever get the 11'' to fit? im going to go with no. Bc i ran 10.5" but with e46 m3 offset and that took me 4 hours a side with a fender roller to even get it close and your still an inch wider than i was. pics if it happened!!
    Its just not possible. I am extremely familiar with every mm on the e36 chassis.

Im building an 18x11 et10 set up for my car but Im adding larger fenders to do so.
    info@ewheelworks.com

ewheelworks.com

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 336motorsports View Post
    Its just not possible. I am extremely familiar with every mm on the e36 chassis.

Im building an 18x11 et10 set up for my car but Im adding larger fenders to do so.
    What you doing to fenders? 330 metal grafted on or fender flares?

My Cars
    e36M3 e30is e39it
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy5000 View Post
    What you doing to fenders? 330 metal grafted on or fender flares?
    Thinking more along the lines of e46 m3.

Or, something custom.
    info@ewheelworks.com

ewheelworks.com

My Cars
    98 M3
    I tried to but after asking Paul, Cody, and other members I decided to stick with 10's and et.19 but even then may need to shave a bit on the backpad.

My Cars
    98' 318Ti Cali Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by HTOWN///M View Post
    never got a chance to fit them because the guy that sold them to me gave me 2 pairs in 2 different bolt patterns. I was going to have them re-drilled, but they were already dual bolt pattern. The fronts turned out to be 5x120 / 5x114 & the rears were 5x114 by 5x100. I wound up trading them to a local v-dubber on my block for a set of Centerline Wheels which I then sold and picked up those other style 5's that I'm currently in the middle of re-finishing. I've already gotten a few inquiries for the set i'm working on, So I will more than likely wind up selling them as well.

My Cars
    Turbo E36 Build
    In for Pics. WB e36 Sedan?

My Cars
    e36M3 e30is e39it
    Quote Originally Posted by PROPERPLS View Post
    In for Pics. WB e36 Sedan?
    Your one of those that doesnt read...

Please read.
    info@ewheelworks.com

ewheelworks.com

My Cars
    Turbo E36 Build
    Quote Originally Posted by 336motorsports View Post
    Your one of those that doesnt read...

Please read.
    Drunken post. Looking for a set to fill out a possible widebody project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast