Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: My 325i Vert Thread

My Cars
    89 325ic; '16 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by franan View Post
    What is the size of the other one you have. If they are 15" do you still have them?
    the other ones were 14's and I have to my friend who bought the weaves also.
    My e30 vert build http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1899641

Nothing But Bass: E30 Bass
    I have money, I just want to use yours.

My Cars
    m1
    Way to go on the plastic bumper.
    Last edited by xjhinh; 07-14-2015 at 10:18 AM.

My Cars
    89 325ic; '16 WRX
    Such a long time has passed since I have posted anything. Since the last post the only thing that has been done is the previous 4.10 lsd has been swapped out for a 3.15 torsen diff out of Z3. I has probably been the most noticeable upgrade I have done to date. The sway bars make the car feel a lot more stable over the stock ones. As for the brakes the only thing I have to say is !@#$%&*#, the car stops on a dime. If anyone was thinking about doing the swap I say it is a must. Plus is less expensive than other kits on the market. The car now sits in storage most of the time as it is not very practical anymore as a daily driver. But today I took her out for a test drive and must say I missed the hell out of driving it. The feel of a true "purist" car makes me feel 16 again just getting my license and having that sense of freedom. Currently I am in the process of acquiring parts for the turbo build. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can install everything. I want to also say thanks to everyone that provided feedback throughout the first part of this thread. It really keeps me motivated even through the roadblocks that came up. I am also thankful that there are so many sources that were available when I was going through my build. So now on to the next stage of the project. PPPSSSHHHHH!!!

My Cars
    89 325ic; '16 WRX
    Long overdue update on things. Decided not to go turbo route as car is plenty fun on stock
    power, and with the addition of a Jim Conforti chip it will wake it up a bit. Plus my daily driver
    is faster. The build sheet keeps getting longer and I always have the itch to change
    something. Recently I have the exhaust redone, Now with 2.25” pipes and the catalytic
    converter removed. Also installed v-band clamps to make it easier to remove in sections
    instead of one who piece. With the torsen 3.15 diff, I swapped the guts into my 3.73 case.
    3.15 is too low for any kind of fun and 3.73 is the perfect ratio of acceleration and highway
    cruising with little drone. Next up is new motor and transmission mounts along with an under
    cross brace and front sub-frame reinforcements from Gargastic, and a new skid plate from
    Red46. Since my current springs were getting a bit soft, I purchased a set of B&G sport
    springs and they are amazing. At this time I’m not interested in coil-overs plus the springs
    were a good deal. Car sits a little lower and feels stiffer. Unfortunately I had to replace the
    front lip as my Reiger lip broke on a curb, so stock “IS” kip went on it. I will attach the current
    build sheet for the car. As they always say, a project car is never finished.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My Cars
    ‘89 325i Vert
    any updates?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456