Page 79 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2954697071727374757677787980818283848586878889104129 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3434

Thread: The Official Show off your E36 thread!!! (Post pics)

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty S50 View Post
    The softlines look awesome! Congrats!
    They're definitely not bad looking wheels. Just something I've noticed trending. Even in the Facebook groups.

My Cars
    '95 325i vert
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistytee View Post
    Love those softlines. Big fan of the style 5s too but the new wheels give a unique look.
    Agreed, I loved my 5s. They're in great shape and, as far as I can tell, are all original paint and clear coat. As much as I loved the look of the polished lip, mine were nice and shiny and very easy to maintain so I was happy. It was a bittersweet transaction but I would be stupid to pass on the opportunity for some Alpinas.

Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    You won that trade by a long shot.
    Throughout the whole transaction I was so worried the PO was just going to say something like, "wait a second"... and I would leave without the wheels crying haha

Quote Originally Posted by LockDots View Post
    Is this the new trend with E36s nowadays, Alpina wheels? The last time I had an E36 about 6 years ago style 5s were the bees knees.

They're definitely not bad looking wheels. Just something I've noticed trending. Even in the Facebook groups.
    Pretty sure style 5s are still the most commonly mounted non-OE E36 wheel. Understandably too, I think they look great. I wish it was easier to fit a bigger tire on them though. I've seen more appreciation for Alpinas online too but I don't know if that's just because maybe I've started to notice them myself more as they've grown on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty S50 View Post
    The softlines look awesome! Congrats!
    Thank you so much!! I'll definitely be keeping these wheels for quite a while

Quote Originally Posted by CblockM3 View Post
    no kidding! I'm so envious of your vert right now, I can't imagine a more fun car!
    Hahaha thank you so much man! It's definitely a blast and I'm looking forward to doing some good road trips this summer. My girlfriend and I have been talking about driving to Halifax from Toronto. Should be an easy 2 day drive each way if we cut it up and enjoy it.

I can definitely imagine a more fun car though! A super clean Technoviolet M3/4/5 comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by gr33ne36 View Post
    Those wheels are awesome! I've been looking at Alpina wheels myself lately but I want something that has a deeper face or more lip than these, but this style is perfect
    Thanks Josh!! Yea I get ya, the concave/deep dish look is super cool. Get something super shiny I like shiny things

Took some more pictures today in the daylight. The PO plastidipped the centres for a while to try and replicate the look of the old E9/E10 Alpina wheels and I actually quite like it. I want to try and get an aluminum billet nut with an Alpina badge made to fit in the centre to complete it. That's a project for down the road I think. For now I'm leaning towards driving with the caps on. What do you guys think?

Portrait pics FOR TOTAL THREAD DOMINATION
    '95 325i Convertible MT Montreal Blue on Tan Mods: Vibrant Catback, 3.91 LSD, MarkD Tune, Dinan Carbon CAI, Dinan Brace, HSD Coils, ZF Swap, S52 Clutch & Flywheel, Dension GBLx, MFL, Driver
    Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mtlblaue36/

My Cars
    E36
    LOL

I vote caps on...they look great!
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    96 328i, 92 318i
    +1 for caps on.

In all honesty without the caps they don't look like alpinas and imo are uglier than style 5s, with the caps on you know what you're looking at and can appreciate them more. I think the style 5s are better but I'm a dish whore lol.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328i Coupe
    Decided to brave it and go for white wheels, forever cleaning them but more than happy!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '01 530i 5spd, '96 328i
    Finally got a proper camera! I'm currently using an old Canon film lens so focus is all manual, meaning these shots aren't as crisp as they could be... Still works for now until I get a fancy lens!
    by Josh Boston, on Flickr

Instagram: @boston.media

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Manual's not a big deal if you keep your aperture and focus point in mind.

My Cars
    '01 530i 5spd, '96 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by LockDots View Post
    Manual's not a big deal if you keep your aperture and focus point in mind.
    My only issue is getting focus just right, my camera has focus peaking but with this old lens its very difficult... I could be wrong maybe I'm just a noob

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 / E30 Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by mslevin View Post
    I really need new headlights. As an added bonus, I've used a picture with myself in it to show that even very large people can drive E36s
    Stock US e36 lighting FTW

ScreenHunter_16Aug090804_zps61e58f07.jpg

My Cars
    E36
    A member on the Michigan BMW FB page was doing these for fun, I think they're hilarious. Thanks @danwogan!

1995 M3

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    i think this looks awesome. how did he make these ? he didn't just reduce the width of the picture i guess ? because the tires still seem round

My Cars
    E36
    I think he did except the wheel well area. Not sure, but they're fun
    1995 M3

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Ha those are cool, looks like a giant RC car!
    CBlock

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    Got some photos back from Sonoma Raceway from 5/14. My car looks 10000x better when it's moving. Headed to Laguna Seca on Monday

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    according to the shadow by the gas cap you drove so fast into the corner your gas cap opened

you're officially fast

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    LOL I didn't even notice that. Good catch. I might be cheating if that's the official "fast" measure, my gas cap is kind of weird because of the overfenders.

One more pic, just because the one from Sonoma reminded me of my first autox, right after I bought the car. I've owned it for about 18 months now, and a lot has changed!

My Cars
    '93 320i
    Had an insane storm here today that cleared up nicely on the way home. Couldn't resist to stop and take a quick snap.

'93 Bmw 32oi /// White leather, H&R race springs, Style 125 reps, Evo X wing

My Cars
    96 328i, 92 318i

Lowering springs and replacement rear bumper diffuser that got lost in the mail is now on it's way to me and scheduled to show up on my birthday so there's that :p. I can't wait to get my hands on some clean 17" wheels.

I keep forgetting to put trim shine on the lip spoiler so it looks way lighter than it actually is lol.
    Last edited by DotBeta; 05-25-2017 at 10:18 AM.

My Cars
    E36
    so clean!^
    1995 M3

My Cars
    e36 323i, M3 3.2
    what happened to the left headlight ? i mean the big gap between headlight and hood

im always amazed how good non-M bumpers actually look

My Cars
    96 328i, 92 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by samy01 View Post
    what happened to the left headlight ? i mean the big gap between headlight and hood

im always amazed how good non-M bumpers actually look
    I more than likely need to adjust the rubber headlamps mounts on the bottom and raise the headlamp up a little bit on each side to fill the hood gap but I'm not too concerned about it right now. I'll be getting the euro ellipsoid headlamps down the road sooner than later and replacing them again. Then I'll properly adjust them, I just got the OE replacements because they were hella cheap and I can flip them for a minimal loss. Lots of kids around here that need new headlamps lol.

The lip spoiler makes a big difference in appearance on the non M bumper for sure. I'd never put an M bumper on the car since it isn't an M, but the door trim and rear bumper diffuser is more of an aesthetic and doesn't scream M like the front bumper does so I'll go with it.
    Last edited by DotBeta; 05-25-2017 at 09:55 PM.

My Cars
    Prelude-328-M3-4Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by DotBeta View Post
    I more than likely need to adjust the rubber headlamps mounts on the bottom and raise the headlamp up a little bit on each side to fill the hood gap but I'm not too concerned about it right now. I'll be getting the euro ellipsoid headlamps down the road sooner than later and replacing them again. Then I'll properly adjust them, I just got the OE replacements because they were hella cheap and I can flip them for a minimal loss. Lots of kids around here that need new headlamps lol.

The lip spoiler makes a big difference in appearance on the non M bumper for sure. I'd never put an M bumper on the car since it isn't an M, but the door trim and rear bumper diffuser is more of an aesthetic and doesn't scream M like the front bumper does so I'll go with it.
    What are you using for the front lip? It looks good. I've gone back and forth about lip/no lip and have been searching for a RD Lip forever with no luck. Probably won't ever happen.
    CBlock

My Cars
    '01 530i 5spd, '96 328i
    What are you using for the front lip? It looks good. I've gone back and forth about lip/no lip and have been searching for a RD Lip forever with no luck. Probably won't ever happen.
    It looks like the home depot garden edging DIY lip, I had the same thing. I have a bunch of extra pieces of edging if you want to try it out. Each piece is 6 feet long which is just right for the non-m bumper.

My Cars
    96 328i, 92 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by gr33ne36 View Post
    It looks like the home depot garden edging DIY lip, I had the same thing. I have a bunch of extra pieces of edging if you want to try it out. Each piece is 6 feet long which is just right for the non-m bumper.
    Yup it's exactly that, 8 dollars for the brick liner and a little massage work to get it molded on. It's literally the perfect length just had to trim a little off one end to even it out. I wish there was a larger market for lip spoilers for the non m bumpers but truth is the rhino lip on ebay is basically what I'm using already and the ones that rarely pop up on ebay are overpriced or ricey.

My Cars
    98 328i, 79 911SC

little photo dump of my junk.
    some changes coming soon. nothing too drastic.
    always trying to make it lighter and faster

^^former build: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-neglected-M3/
    current build: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...car-build.html
    instant grams: doktor_b

Page 79 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2954697071727374757677787980818283848586878889104129 ... LastLast