Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement tray for cup holders

My Cars
    2003 M3

Replacement tray for cup holders

I have been trying to find a part that replaced the cupholders in the middle with a cubby/tray. Does anyone know where I could find one?
    "Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something!"

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530xiT
    Remove the cupholder tray completely and install THIS in the front of the empty hole. I am in the process of doing this now with a newly installed non-armrest center console...

From what I could find, the little rubber insert tray is now discontinued, but I will be updating my blog with a pattern to make your own to fit in the recess when the rest of my parts come in.

doug
    Last edited by ApexSpeed; 11-04-2012 at 02:16 PM.

My Cars
    2003 M3
    Yeah that would be awesome if I could locate one of those rubber inserts. Have you purchased that tray yourself?
    "Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something!"

My Cars
    98 M3 Coupe
    whoa, that looks cool. but i'd rather have cup holders that fit american sized cups. for some reason the germans have smaller cups?

My Cars
    E36
    I have my old one lying around I think. I put cupholders in my beater.
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530xiT
    Quote Originally Posted by blaam3 View Post
    Yeah that would be awesome if I could locate one of those rubber inserts. Have you purchased that tray yourself?
    The rubber inserts are long discontinued. If you find one, it will be because someone has one collecting dust on a shelf somewhere. None of my searches proved fruitful.

The insert is just a flat piece of rubber, and once my front cubby is in, I'll cut something out of some closed cell foam or something similar to act as a base for the inside. Not much other choice, really, unless you stumble onto the factory insert somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by anarekist View Post
    whoa, that looks cool. but i'd rather have cup holders that fit american sized cups. for some reason the germans have smaller cups?
    That console is exactly what yours looks like when you take the cup holder insert out. Those cupholders were useless. They hold a can of RedBull and that's about it. I read somewhere that they were designed for a BMW coffee mug that they sold at the time, but that's too ridiculous to believe.

I actually am liking not having a cup holder in the car. It's forcing me to not have any drinks in the car at all, which is a good thing. The only thing I keep in the car now is my water bottle, laid down in the back of the cubby. It fits perfectly.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    I cut the bottom 2/3 of cup holder away. Viola! Accepts cans and most cups.

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    I read somewhere that they were designed for a BMW coffee mug that they sold at the time, but that's too ridiculous to believe.
    This is the very ridiculous truth. When the previous owner bought the car new from the dealer, they wouldn't even throw the mug in for free.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530xiT
    Got the remainder of the pieces in yesterday finally, and they all snapped right in. The support mount will be installed later today, but for now, everything turned out great...

My Cars
    Too many

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530xiT
    Quote Originally Posted by MMMGP View Post
    Hmmm, I have the little insert to cover the holes in the console.
    Lucky for you, those are now discontinued. Most consoles that I have seen, though, don't have any holes in them. Mine doesn't. If someone wanted a tray bottom, it would be easy enough to cut some shelf rubber liner to fit..

There is also one available for the rear ashtray.
    Yup, that's what is in my photo above, though that is a one-piece molded-in cubby insert. Nice little piece, and 1000-times better than an ash tray. 51168119626 for. the. win.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    My 97 e36 hellrot red m3 didn't come with a arm rest in between the two front seats. The middle console just has two cup holders and the money change dispenser and that's it. How can I get an arm rest for mine for the mid console?

My Cars
    Too many

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530xiT
    Quote Originally Posted by sammycm3 View Post
    My 97 e36 hellrot red m3 didn't come with a arm rest in between the two front seats. The middle console just has two cup holders and the money change dispenser and that's it. How can I get an arm rest for mine for the mid console?
    Or you could buy a complete setup from someone like me who just took the complete setup out of his car and has no use or space for it.

My Cars
    '94 325is ls1/T56
    Quote Originally Posted by MMMGP View Post
    Try this place...
    i like this...

do these cup holders work with standard drinks?

My Cars
    Too many

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    Arm rest just gets in the way. Love the cup holder delete. Going to have to make this happen.
    97 BMW M3 (s52b32) - VF-Supercharger kit ( Vortech V2-SQ supercharger, 32 pound injectors, VF tuning ), VDO/LeatherZ Gauge Kit (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Boost), UUC Motorwerks RSC36 Exhaust, Stainless Steel 6-2 Exhaust Headers, Bilstein Sports, Rear Adjustable Camber bushings, Wheel Spacers 10mm in front 25mm in back, Uprated Clutch, UUC Shift Knob, Short Shifter and Clutch Stop, Cross Brace, Mason Engineering front strut bar, Contour Wheels, Euro Ellipsoid (Angel Eyes) HID Headlights, braided steel brake lines, aluminum thermostat housing, mishimoto aluminum radiator and silicone hoses and a partridge in a pear tree

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530xiT
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rpirate View Post
    i like this...

do these cup holders work with standard drinks?
    Those are the sucktastic stock ones identical to what I just tore out of my car.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ApexSpeed

Or you could buy a complete setup from someone like me who just took the complete setup out of his car and has no use or space for it.
    I'm down for that? Do you or can you take pictures of your center console set up? I am very interested in getting one with a arm rest! Let me know! sam.close7@gmail.com.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530xiT
    Quote Originally Posted by sammycm3 View Post
    I'm down for that. Do you or can you take pictures of your center console set up? I am very interested in getting one with a arm rest! Let me know! sam.close7@gmail.com.
    E-mail sent...

My Cars
    TV '97 M3/4/5
    Never Done garage said they would be selling these soon! Pretty sweet!

They said on their FB page they would be on their website in anout 30 mins.

['97 M3/4/5 TV/DOVE-CSL Reps- GC Street Coils with Konis- 55w ZKWs- Remus Exhaust- Dinan Headers- Dinan CAI- BW Boot- ASC delete]

My Cars
    E46iT- Coma E36- RIP E34
    Isnt anything in their just going to slide forward and back under acceleration and braking?...is it plastic or is there a rubber bottom for grip?
    Last edited by Captain; 10-09-2012 at 05:31 PM.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530xiT
    Looks like textured ABS plastic to me, which is what I think he's making his splitters and grille inserts with.

My Cars
    '97 M3, '95 T100
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Isnt anything in their just going to slide forward and back under acceleration and braking?...is it plastic or is there a rubber bottom for grip?
    I was just about to order one but i didn't think about this. It says it is abs plastic so that makes it kind of useless. Anything inside it will slide around.

My Cars
    e36 m3 coupe
    http://neverdone.bigcartel.com/produ...console-delete ?

can someone tell them to rubberize that ?
    anyone tried it yet ?

another option would be to cover with alcantara/suede (I am planning to do that for the whole interior anyways).
    Last edited by stefanom3; 11-04-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    '97 M3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast