Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dynavin D99+, Info and Q&A

My Cars
    2005 BMW 120i Hatch
    Call me crazy but I've just stumbled across an idea. Using an AppleTV, hooked up to a HDMI - AV converter we could Airplay to our Dynavin, even have XBMC. I got the idea from an article about using an Airport Express to airplay music in your car -> http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/06...ireless-audio/

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    1: Your phone has a bluetooth volume, make sure its turned up, the dynavins bluetooth volume separate from the music volume so set it accordingly.

2: Cant tell what position you are talking about.....but play around with the placement of the mic for best results....closer to the driver is better. If you put it above the sunroof control panel you might want to put some foam or something behind/above the mic to reduce the amount of noise getting to the mic from the roof panel.

3: Change the radio region to USA in the "hidden" radio settings menu.

4: Ill leave that up to others to recommend.....Android uses the navi SD card slot.

My Cars
    MDX, Prev 03 540i M
    For BT volume does the fact that I'm using an iPhone 5 is the problem? Note I'm referring to volume of ringer when I receive a phone call.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    When you are in a Bluetooth call make sure the volume is all the way up, use the buttons on the side of the phone. But ultimately the ringer is a function of the phone, not the Dynavin.

My Cars
    MDX, Prev 03 540i M
    not sure if this is related but the volume for just simply the radio or CD is a lot lower than it was with OEM set up

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Set the AMP setting in the Factory settings menu to 'none' if you are running out of volume.
    Last edited by jeffb325; 06-12-2013 at 11:19 PM.

My Cars
    MDX, Prev 03 540i M
    Are you referring to hitting Aux then 9 in remote?

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    there is a sheet that came with the unit that explains the factory settings menu and all its various settings. Access it by going to the radio settings, select SYSTEM, and press the upper right corner of the screen.

My Cars
    MDX, Prev 03 540i M
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffb325 View Post
    Set the AMP setting in the Factory settings menu to 'none' if you are running out of volume.
    Made this change and it fixed both radio and BT ringer volume. Nice. It actually was set this way initially but I changed it because your site made that recommendation for Android devices.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipsi39 View Post
    Call me crazy but I've just stumbled across an idea. Using an AppleTV, hooked up to a HDMI - AV converter we could Airplay to our Dynavin, even have XBMC. I got the idea from an article about using an Airport Express to airplay music in your car -> http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/06...ireless-audio/
    Do it! I've seen a few others do that as well....pretty cool system to run in a car.

My Cars
    2005 BMW 120i Hatch
    Is have to find an ATV2 for the right price first. Pity I didn't buy a few before the 3 came along and stopped us from jail breaking.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My Cars
    MDX, Prev 03 540i M
    Jeff,

Did you get a sec to check PM regarding firmware update?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325Ci
    Shaq - are you referring to the Nav Firmware update?

I hit a setting which wiped out the Nav system, kept getting some error message anytime I would launch the Nav, like it didn't have the program installed. But I looked on Dynavin's site and it said you have to go into the folder and select which program the Nav pulls from. Then it is fixed.

If that is what you are talking about...?

My Cars
    MDX, Prev 03 540i M
    Do you have the Android version?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325Ci
    No, the WinCE version.

For the Nav on the Android units, you should be able to use Google Maps/Google Nav, or any other Navigation App that is available on the Play Store.

I almost purchased the Android version, however I did not want to rely on my spotty TMobile service.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Shaqdeez,

No you dont need to update it, the android ROM on Dynavin's website is there for cases where you need to reinstall the android OS ROM. Unless you are having major issues, crashes, "force closes", leave it alone.

What you will want to do is get it up and running, connect to wifi and log into the "market" app with your google id. Then leave it alone for a while so all the google apps can update (including market>google play).
    Last edited by jeffb325; 06-13-2013 at 12:50 PM.

My Cars
    MDX, Prev 03 540i M
    Was referring to this firmware update

http://dynavin.uncompiled.org/faq/firmware

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    thats from 2-3 years ago....so no.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 320D E46
    Hi,

Last weekend my dynavin d99+ arrived for my bmw 320d e46.
    The installation went really easy only one feature wont work.

The volume buttons on my steeringwheel doesnt work.
    I send an email to dynavin and they said i had to change the obc on..

So i started up aux and pressed "9" on the remote control.
    I can change the obc option to "info" and "control" but with both options the buttons still dont work on my steeringwheel.

Send 2 emails back to dynavin but still dont get any reaction after one week.

Somebody that can help me out with this?

Kind regards,
    Kristof

PS: Sorry for my bad english

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Answered your pm.

My Cars
    MDX, Prev 03 540i M
    One last thing and I think I'm set. The BT sound when on the phone through the speakers isn't really clear. Is there any settings that need to be changed to clear that up?

My Cars
    1999 540i
    Hi all,

I've recently installed a D99+ (CE version) in my E39 and have noticed a few issues so far:

Occasional freezes where the system hangs on the 'spinning disc' screen
    Touch screen unresponsive in MP3 playing mode - sometimes unable to use the scrollbar up/down buttons
    List of songs rarely refreshes cleanly when you can get the scroll buttons to work
    Occasional instance where the top 4-5 positions on the scroll list appear blank

Is there any firmware updates available that might fix these problems?

Cheers,

Tim

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by shaqdeez View Post
    One last thing and I think I'm set. The BT sound when on the phone through the speakers isn't really clear. Is there any settings that need to be changed to clear that up?
    Play around with the phone volume settings, try louder, try softer. Check the balance and fader controls to make sure they are not set in some odd way. There is no specific reason that it should not sound ok, this assumes the stereo system is stock, if its aftermarket there are a lot of variables.....
    Last edited by jeffb325; 06-17-2013 at 04:53 PM.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by profanegardener View Post
    Hi all,

I've recently installed a D99+ (CE version) in my E39 and have noticed a few issues so far:

Occasional freezes where the system hangs on the 'spinning disc' screen
    Touch screen unresponsive in MP3 playing mode - sometimes unable to use the scrollbar up/down buttons
    List of songs rarely refreshes cleanly when you can get the scroll buttons to work
    Occasional instance where the top 4-5 positions on the scroll list appear blank

Is there any firmware updates available that might fix these problems?

Cheers,

Tim

It sounds to me like its getting hung up on a corrupt or unreadable file on your card/thumbdrive.... You can try to narrow things down by taking everything off your card and start adding things back until it starts acting up. If you have any video or random files mixed in there you are likely going to have issues.....

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330Ci Clubsport
    Finally got my Dynavin and started mounting it in today.
    Got it hooked upp and rearspeakers connected, gona finnish the install tomorrow, hope it sounds good

One thing i wonder about though, in the OBC dispaly i cant see the oiltemp, enginetemp or battery voltage. Something missing or is there something i should do to get em to show? Only "---" as values now.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast