Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dynavin D99+, Info and Q&A

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP
    Dont get me wrong or think im a dick but can you tell me why should we pay double amounts of money to get the Dynavin where others sell their "clone" ?
    ///M* Coming soon..

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    because they are not "clones", they are a completely different products, they are of questionable quality, have no support from dealers or the manufacturer.....BUT they are cheaper. From what I have seen they are most similar to the 1st-3rd gen dynavins..... for context, the D99+ is the 8th gen dynavin.

See how things are working out with those "clones": http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...896677&page=89

I warned these guys and explained the economics of it on page 5 of that thread, I dropped my two cents and have since stayed out of it, but a bunch of guys rolled the dice anyway and you can see how its working out for them. The bad part is a lot of people are not reading that thread past the first few pages and are missing the results....
    Last edited by jeffb325; 10-11-2012 at 03:50 PM.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP
    Thank you sir I'll read the page you sent.
    ///M* Coming soon..

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    nice ninja edit TJQMaster ......wish you had left it there, it would help me make my point!

Quote Originally Posted by Meric View Post
    Thank you sir I'll read the page you sent.
    make sure you read my stuff on page 5 of that thread too......wrote that back in January....i can see the future
    Last edited by jeffb325; 10-11-2012 at 04:22 PM.

My Cars
    1999 323i, 1984 325e
    your points are salient and well-thought...I totally agree that you need to consider what youre getting/giving up...IF and only IF youve done so should you opt for the cheaper route. Im sure there are some super-techie guys that could tackle any OS issues that crop up.

Its the Pay-More mafia's knee jerk "youre gonna get ripped off" chants that get tiresome.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    well......the gist of my comments in that thread was "youre gonna get ripped off" but I was also trying to explain why it was going to happen.

In a nutshell, warranties, returned emails, picked up phones, decent R&D, all cost money, so if you sell a product for a tiny margin it becomes a fiscal impossibility to support it after the sale, what you see in that thread is exactly that. The company in question undercut the current product and dealers (dynavin and dealers like us) by cutting the margin and bypassing the dealers. They took a lot of money and moved a lot of product, but then when people had problems or needed support there was not enough money in the original deal for them to be able to do that so the sellers stopped responding and went MIA, although they still seem to have no trouble responding to new sales inquiries.

So now there are a bunch of guys with $500 paperweights. But yet there seem to be more people than ever willing to roll the dice....
    Last edited by jeffb325; 10-11-2012 at 06:53 PM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 540iT
    Jeff,
    Under e39 D99+, your website states that "Dynavin PDC and OBC features are not compatible with US spec cars at this time" and "This product is currently unavailable." In each case, why and is there a workaround that anyone's figured out?

Also, Can they be rooted?
    I couldn't find any hardware specs on the boards. Is there anything published?

Thanks & regards.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerwagen View Post
    Jeff,
    Under e39 D99+, your website states that "Dynavin PDC and OBC features are not compatible with US spec cars at this time" and "This product is currently unavailable." In each case, why and is there a workaround that anyone's figured out?

Also, Can they be rooted?
    I couldn't find any hardware specs on the boards. Is there anything published?

Thanks & regards.
    Since you have an E39 you should check out the threads over on the E39 forum, lots of info about this over there. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1717934

E39 CONTENT BELOW:
    Basically there was some interference on some E39s between the Dynavins ibus interface and the HVAC system. We found that it was related to the OBC and PDC functions and that removing the functions from the ibus box programming kept everything working correctly. Because of this we program all of the units we sell to remove these features before we ship them. You can restore the programming if you like but just do it with the knowledge that if you run into HVAC problems you need to remove the ibus box right away or you may have to get your HVAC controls recoded.

Its something dynavin is currently looking at, and if they can sort it out without removing those features then the units can be updated. But for now I only ship them with the features removed.

Unavailable on our website just means they are out of stock, we will have more very soon.
    Last edited by jeffb325; 10-24-2012 at 06:44 PM.

My Cars
    E91 320d
    Hi Gents,

maybe sb. can help me out!? I'm having a D99+ installed in my E91. It works fine so far, but I'm experiencing some issues with my SD card for the MMC (Radio part)

I tried a fat32 formatted 64GB card and the Radio did read with no issue, but lots of folders are empty, although there are files and folders inside (checked with several WIN PCs). Did also reformat and try again - no difference. Same issue appears with a fat32 formatted 32GB card. Lots of folders appear empty on the radio, but they're definitely not.

Is there maybe a folder restriction for the D99+ ? I 've spent already several days in the net looking for this info, but I did not find anything so far.

regards

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325Ci
    I've done the research and made my decision. Ordered a D99+ yesterday! Can't wait for the UPS guy to visit.
    Last edited by jknutter; 11-26-2012 at 03:00 PM.

My Cars
    2003 M3
    Where did you buy it from? Price?

My Cars
    2004 BMW M3
    Has anybody figured out how to change the settings in the OBC section? It's currently in C* and would like it changed to F* also from letters to gallons.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by fafman View Post
    Where did you buy it from? Price?
    I purchased it from Jeff at J&T distributing. E46 D99+, single row relocation bracket and back up camera -$853.00. No sales tax and free shipping. Ordered Sunday night 11/25 was just delivered by UPS 11/30 (I'm in Wisconsin). Just went through all of the packaging and it looks like everything is there that I need to install it, including a US maps micro SD card. I will start the install tomorrow morning. Good bye Business CD!

My Cars
    '03 330i
    Looks cool, love the OEM look and functionality of the unit. Would like to buy it but I just can't justify the price. I would definitely be more interested if the A/C relocation kit was included with the package. I also just picked up a DICE unit on Black Friday for $200 shipped.

My Cars
    2003 M3
    What's a DICE unit? Can you please post a link? Thanks in advance

My Cars
    '03 330i
    DICE integrates into the CD changer hookup in the trunk to provide audio over USB (iPOD), bluetooth, aux, and sirius. It uses the stock HU so use it if you like the OEM look. Also enables you to use bluetooth for calling through the speakers and a mic that you have to install. It's working pretty good for me so far.

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...tegration-Kit/
    Last edited by ontheroadagain; 12-06-2012 at 10:55 AM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325xi
    looks good. how much?

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    UPDATE: Igo Primo Navigation Program.

Working with Dynavin we are now able to install licensed iGo Primo on our Dynavin units. This program has long been a favorite of the "hacker community" and now Im glad to say we can now offer it to everybody in a legit legal way. The licenses are not cheap but we are now including Primo with all of our Dynavin WinCE units. This also greatly simplifies things like future map updates etc... as iGo is well established and has an easy upgrade path available via their website www.naviextras.com

Main Menu

Main Map screen

The version that iGo offers us is just the basic North American map program, They offer additional features like premium POIs, 3D buildings, additional maps, etc... on their website www.naviextras.com. All upgrades and updates are done through that site and iGo's "toolbox" using your computer and the dynavin's map SD card.

Last edited by jeffb325; 01-22-2013 at 12:39 PM.

My Cars
    2000 bmw 323i
    I unfortunately do not and have not found the answers rom my questions
    1. I have a 2000 e46 323i non nav yes h&k and yes dsp. I got the button when its on it sounds better
    2. I want navigation. The d99+ unit.
    3 will it work with what I already have ( because I do have the h&k dsp)
    4 keep steering wheel controls
    5 what else do I need to make the navigation work besides the d99+ unit
    Please help me.

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by rickybobby3022 View Post
    I unfortunately do not and have not found the answers rom my questions
    1. I have a 2000 e46 323i non nav yes h&k and yes dsp. I got the button when its on it sounds better
    2. I want navigation. The d99+ unit.
    3 will it work with what I already have ( because I do have the h&k dsp)
    4 keep steering wheel controls
    5 what else do I need to make the navigation work besides the d99+ unit
    Please help me.
    That is the most common dynavin install there is. You dont have "DSP" (that is 5 series stuff, you have "HK"). Yes the dynavin will work fine on all counts, you dont really need anything else. See my website for details and the FAQ, the link is in my signature.

My Cars
    2004 325ci
    as i am getting dead pixels on my OEM navi this is looking better and better every day :/

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325Ci
    After doing Research and reading the entire thread of the link you posted. I my self will buying a D99+. I cannot take a chance on the "clone" models. I want my car to not only look factory, but for the unit to respond as if its factory and there are just to many known bugs on the "clones". Not to mention the lack of service after the sale!

Hopefully after a few more bets (Superbowl) and the upcoming Tax Return season, I will then be buying one of these! Him making this thread just goes to show how much he stands behind his product and is more then willing to assist! Thanks Jeff!

My Cars
    2003 bmw m3 coupe

nav on the android version

on the andriod version if you go out of cellular service is there a backup navigation loaded in the system???

My Cars
    E46 E92 E70
    you would need to get an offline navigation app from the android market (now google play)

GGray is offline Did someone say racetrack BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    A few BMW's...
    XM? I just purchased a 325it with the OEM BMW adapter to run XM radiio through the head unit. Will the D99 plug in and allow the XM to run through the head unit like the OEM head unit?
    Gary Gray

If you can take it apart you can make it faster!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast