Thread: Pointers for P0455?

My Cars
    99 M3 Convertible

Pointers for P0455?

I've been getting this on and off for the last month or so, some times weeks in-between other times the next day. I replaced the gas cap with a cheap $5 Autozone one and I still get the code. Though I'm sure it doesn't matter but should I maybe try an actual new BMW one instead first?

Researching this I noticed no one mentioned this, so I thought I'd put it here and see if it's might narrow down where to look. EVERY time I have got this error code I have been at a stop light for a good 30secs or more with my foot on the brake then the engine randomly drops in rpms below idle for a sec, which the CEL then comes up. It's usually after I've been driving for 15mins or so too.

I know there are few different places to start looking, not sure if this helps at all to narrow it down a bit.

Thanks

My Cars
    1997 E36 M3
    Bumping this thread. I have the same exact symptoms. Was at a stoplight for a good minute. Heard a faint click from the rear, my idle dipped briefly, and the CEL came on. Autozone reader said it as P0455. I already looked at the gas cap since that is the first place to start. Gas cap looks fine around the seal. Car runs strong other than that. Any ideas where I should be poking my nose?

My Cars
    2011 E90 328i
    The car is 18 years old, and you need to check all the vacuum hoses that are part of the emissions control system. On my 2003 Chrysler van, it was a cracked hose on the charcoal cannister.