RM European Auto Parts

Thread: E39 528i HELP WITH GAS PEDAL and MDK THROTTlE BODY

My Cars
    1999 528i

E39 528i HELP WITH GAS PEDAL and MDK THROTTlE BODY

Hey guys, lemme start off by saying Im a newbie mechanic at only 17. I did a CCV job on my 528i build date (11/98) today and got threw it all. I used a DIY on this furom and it was very thorough. But I had one problem, when I took the 4 bolts off the MDK throttle body I noticed there was a cable attached to it on the right side. In the DIY it didn't say anything about a cable, so I didn't know what to do. I decided to leave it on and I moved the TB out of the way just enough so I could get new ccv thru, the cable was stretched about one inch. And when I finished every thing I put everything back together and started the car with no problems. It fired right up. As soon as I put it in drive and tried to press the gass pedal down it just went down and wouldn't come back up an there was no response from the engine of it being down. I pressed it once more and it went all the way down and I heard a loud click. I went to the front of the car and noticed the cable was OFF of the MDK! It is a cable with a little ball at the end of it. Is there a way to put it back in? Also is that why my throttle wasn't responding? ( my gas pedal is not pushed down and more, it moves down and up automatically again, although I feel no pressure. (Feels very light). The cel or eml is NOT on and the engine is running fine. Someone PLEASE help! I'm stuck with no car!

My Cars
    E32;E38;E53;R50;R56
    Sounds like you have disconnected the throttle cable but the curise control cable is still in place. Maybe post some pix for further help. 'Cable', electrical or mechanical (Bowden) type??
    Good; Fast; Cheap - Pick Any 2.
    Current BMW's
    E32 (3 of); E38 (2 of); E53; R50; R56
    Previous Rides
    E21; E30; E23; E32; E34; E38 ; E53