My Cars
    BMW 850
    Sleeping? Is that a new word?
    I must look it up on the dictionary.
    Great work Omega!! You sure are saving that CSI

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    Not related and wrong thread but this is what you want Andre

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-Tracker-GPS-GSM-GPRS-Tracking-Device-Remote-Control-Auto-Vehicle-TK103A-VG3-/180961386322?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security &hash=item2a22239f52

For the money it works very well, pinpoints my car toi within a few feet.I can text the word Stop to the car and shut the fuel pumps off
    Last edited by Omega man 1969; 10-25-2012 at 06:43 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Thx Bro
    You got mail!!
    It would be sweet to get some more pictures of the car

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    I fitted the head unit in the car today, I pulled back the din cable that runs to the CD and plugged it into the RDS unit......works perfectly radio and tape until I find an interface unit .

Unit number 2 fixed today, this one only had 2 bad LEDs.

After

Last edited by Omega man 1969; 10-25-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    A supersweet! A channel named "BBS", like that even more.

Great work on the repair. I see you are not scared to attack pcb's with the soldering iron.

I like how that unit has a wide tape slot.

Got mine in 2 days ago.

(sorry for papping your thread).
    Last edited by MParallel; 10-25-2012 at 08:20 PM.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    your radio fits right into that dash, nice. Which model is it ? Bavaria professional ?

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    That's the more modern single-unit version of the BMW Bavaria C Professional RDS (Becker BE1801): the BMW Professional RDS (Becker BE2450/BE2455). In my opinion the nicest OEM head unit that was available for the E31 (just look at that gorgeous display).

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega man 1969 View Post
    your radio fits right into that dash, nice. Which model is it ? Bavaria professional ?
    "BMW Professional RDS". (Becker BE2455).

Yes I love the E36 dash where it all matches. That's why any aftermarket radio look so bad in an E36 as the climate control unit is directly underneath it. With an OEM radio, it looks like one big control panel.

Like that as well in the 8 series, where you have like a "modular stereo rack" in the center console with OBC, Radio and Climate Control.

Such a shame really there is no digital display on the E31 climate controls.

Steering wheel controls work all fine, but the lack of Text/ID3 tag display does make phone controling and mp3 searching on an ipod as good as impossible. Which really is a shame.

I will probably switch back to my CD43 for this.

1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    E39 M5 840CI 93 850CSI
    Bit stuck on a problem with my 93 850 CSI, I have the Bavaria C professional RDS installed, when I purchased the PO did say that the radio had never worked for as long as they had it. I pulled the head unit and it was unplugged so plugged that in and I got power and a code wait message for a few seconds then it powers off. I tried various things I had read on the web like leaving the ignition on in position 2 for 15 minutes - an hour and that didn’t work, was a great excuse however to stretch the old girls legs and boy that was a blast and very satisfying after just having put her back together after doing banjo bolts timing etc. etc.

I am guessing that there is something wrong that is causing the radio to switch of after a few seconds so is not being allowed to stay powered on to time out the code wait message, I thought I was onto something from M5Board but that suggestion was do with a relay in the rear but the link given was dead.

NB when I do switch the radio on I can hear the speakers pop gently so the amp is working.

Any ideas help much appreciated. I just want some tunes while I am driving

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Ok after more investigation I discovered the 7 amp fuse on the back of the RDS receiver unit was blown, changed it on the off chance and bingo code wait stays on, 15 minutes later coded entered. I now have tunes , that said the main display is hardly readable so will have to fix but the main thing is I can listen to some CD's. Radio reception is awful on FM like the Ariel is not plugged in or something but checked all connections and all looks good so will have to investigate that one further. Thanks

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    Thats normal, you need the data wires connected to the tuner unit in the boot (trunk) in order to switch it on. It's located behind a panel on the left behind the seats. If you look back through my posts you will see which pins you need connected. PM me if you need help.

Just noticed your update, glad you got it working.

Quote Originally Posted by chadderz2010 View Post
    Bit stuck on a problem with my 93 850 CSI, I have the Bavaria C professional RDS installed, when I purchased the PO did say that the radio had never worked for as long as they had it. I pulled the head unit and it was unplugged so plugged that in and I got power and a code wait message for a few seconds then it powers off. I tried various things I had read on the web like leaving the ignition on in position 2 for 15 minutes - an hour and that didn’t work, was a great excuse however to stretch the old girls legs and boy that was a blast and very satisfying after just having put her back together after doing banjo bolts timing etc. etc.

I am guessing that there is something wrong that is causing the radio to switch of after a few seconds so is not being allowed to stay powered on to time out the code wait message, I thought I was onto something from M5Board but that suggestion was do with a relay in the rear but the link given was dead.

NB when I do switch the radio on I can hear the speakers pop gently so the amp is working.

Any ideas help much appreciated. I just want some tunes while I am driving

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Ok after more investigation I discovered the 7 amp fuse on the back of the RDS receiver unit was blown, changed it on the off chance and bingo code wait stays on, 15 minutes later coded entered. I now have tunes , that said the main display is hardly readable so will have to fix but the main thing is I can listen to some CD's. Radio reception is awful on FM like the Ariel is not plugged in or something but checked all connections and all looks good so will have to investigate that one further. Thanks
    Last edited by Omega man 1969; 06-17-2013 at 03:30 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Ok, so I have been thinking about sound system upgrades.
    I have this setup from a 1993 CSI and was thinking if there is a way to upgrade the sound, but keep the stock look?

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    You can tap into the input of the rds unit to allow an iPod to play......upgrade wise you could fit an additional amp and replace the speakers. What are you after ? Big bass ? Keep everything original and strap a sub in the boot, at least that way you can remove it without too much trouble.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    you mean where the cassette player is? No way to plug a dice or anything simlar?
    I am just after better sound.
    I remember some saying a HK amp from a e36 would work. Is that true?

My Cars
    1994 E31 850CSi
    Thanks for the tips / link I'll give it a try.

Well I found the user manual, It was in the cars original owners handbook folder

It says it takes 15mins with the Key in ON position and to leave it switched on, the thing is, it wont stay on for more than 10 seconds. I read somewhere that's a security feature, you have a limited time to enter the code. If that's correct then I can't see how the thing will ever reset. Confused.
    I've got the same problem with my factory Bavaria C system.
    The radio display is quite dim and only stays visible for about 10 secs.
    Also the OBC display is blank.
    Fuses are good and there is power to the units, so I suspect a fault common to both - any ideas?

Just saw chadderz post - will take a look at the RDS fuse.
    Maybe the main display issue is another separate fault.
    Last edited by kiwiCSi; 11-09-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: update
    Current:
    1994 E31 850CSi Sterlingsilber/Anthracite Buffalo

Previous:
    1987 E28 M5 Delphin
    1986 E23 M745iA Arctic Blue
    1986 E24 635CSi Polaris
    1976 E3 3.0 Si Arctic Blue

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiCSi View Post
    I've got the same problem with my factory Bavaria C system.
    The radio display is quite dim and only stays visible for about 10 secs.
    Also the OBC display is blank.
    Fuses are good and there is power to the units, so I suspect a fault common to both - any ideas?

Just saw chadderz post - will take a look at the RDS fuse.
    Maybe the main display issue is another separate fault.
    yes if the rds isn't powered or connected to the main unit it won't allow you to enter the code.

My Cars
    E28 528i
    After looking at the Schematics for the 1801 and the Sony Silverstone 10 disc changer...
    Is this your own photo/scan, or does the schematic for 1801 exist in a an electronic form? I would really like to have a look at it, but so far I didn't manage to find anything except this thread.

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    Quote Originally Posted by MXM000 View Post
    Is this your own photo/scan, or does the schematic for 1801 exist in a an electronic form? I would really like to have a look at it, but so far I didn't manage to find anything except this thread.
    I bought the schematics from Germany. Which part do you need ?

My Cars
    E28 528i
    Ah, I see. Well... I was hoping to find the entire thing Who sells it?

I only have a head unit, not the radio block. I can't find the radio block separately, so instead of getting a complete (and expensive) set, I had this sudden crazy idea of using the head unit as an interface for a custom mp3/carpc project. Would require a lot of reverse engineering to get the LCDs working, but it can probably be done. It would be a lot easier with a schematic, at least to see if it's even reasonable to attempt this.

My Cars
    E28 528i
    Ah, I see. Well... I was hoping to find the entire thing Who sells it?

I only have a head unit, not the radio block. I can't find the radio block separately, so instead of getting a complete (and expensive) set, I had this sudden crazy idea of using the head unit as an interface for a custom mp3/carpc project. Would require a lot of reverse engineering to get the LCDs working, but it can probably be done. It would be a lot easier with a schematic, at least to see if it's even reasonable to attempt this.
    Ah, disregard that, found a radio-module after all. Working great. I'm thinking now of how to incorporate bluetooth-receiver now. I'll probably keep the casette functionality, and maybe wire a BT-receiver into AM-radio input, or something like that..

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    Ah, disregard that, found a radio-module after all. Working great. I'm thinking now of how to incorporate bluetooth-receiver now. I'll probably keep the casette functionality, and maybe wire a BT-receiver into AM-radio input, or something like that..
    Interesting.....keep us updated if you make any mods.

My Cars
    1994 E31 850CSi
    Does anyone know how you remove the Bavaria C Professional RDS radio system Control Panel from the centre console?

I've looked at Timm's site but his DIY for radio/MID removal only covers the other radio types (i.e. Business RDS with the two small hinged tabs covering the hex-drive insertion screws, or the Becker head unit with special extraction/insertion tools). http://www.meeknet.co.uk/E31/E31_Rad...ID_Removal.htm

My CSI's radio Control Panel doesn't appear to have the former configuration, and the online 8-series manual does not seem to specifically cover the removal of the Bavaria C Professional RDS components, just the troubleshooting section: https://www.bmwtechinfo.com/repair/main/721en/index.htm

Does my Control Panel have a pull-off frame which exposes the securing screws, like the Business unit shown here?
    https://www.bmwtechinfo.com/repair/main/721en/index.htm
    Current:
    1994 E31 850CSi Sterlingsilber/Anthracite Buffalo

Previous:
    1987 E28 M5 Delphin
    1986 E23 M745iA Arctic Blue
    1986 E24 635CSi Polaris
    1976 E3 3.0 Si Arctic Blue

My Cars
    not enough
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    A supersweet! A channel named "BBS", like that even more.

Great work on the repair. I see you are not scared to attack pcb's with the soldering iron.

I like how that unit has a wide tape slot.

Got mine in 2 days ago.

(sorry for papping your thread).
    Wait...so which head unit is this? OEM CD changer compatible right?
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    CaifanSC: That's the top-of-the-line BMW Professional RDS (Becker BE2450 and BE2455) which was available for the E31 as order option SA670 from December 1994 until end of production. Great head unit with a very nice large display. The styling is similar to that of the CD43 and integrates very well in the E31 interior. It is compatible with the E31 cd changer. Sadly the tape deck makes it look somewhat dated and it is unable to display text on the display from an external input, so you won't get artist and track names with an aftermarket mp3 solution.

My Cars
    E28 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiCSi View Post
    Does my Control Panel have a pull-off frame which exposes the securing screws, like the Business unit shown here?
    https://www.bmwtechinfo.com/repair/main/721en/index.htm
    It's exactly like that. The whole frame pulls off to reveal two screws on either side.

My Cars
    not enough
    Quote Originally Posted by revtor View Post
    CaifanSC: That's the top-of-the-line BMW Professional RDS (Becker BE2450 and BE2455) which was available for the E31 as order option SA670 from December 1994 until end of production. Great head unit with a very nice large display. The styling is similar to that of the CD43 and integrates very well in the E31 interior. It is compatible with the E31 cd changer. Sadly the tape deck makes it look somewhat dated and it is unable to display text on the display from an external input, so you won't get artist and track names with an aftermarket mp3 solution.
    Was there any difference between BE2450 versus BE2455? This is looking very promising. I'm still on the fence about a traffic pro/grand prix/mexico/indianapolis Becker unit. I'm gauging the pros and cons,but you can't really go wrong with a BMW branded Becker unit. I'm really digging the large display of this one and the fact that it's the correct background and brightness of the rest of the OEM lighting. Plus it can still control the CD changer!

Honestly, I rather have NAVI from my phone and I have no problem with the sound quality of using a cassette adapter which make the BMW alternatives very promising. But I do like the little extras of the updated Becker units and the possible perks like extra music information on the screen, etc. Availability seems to be a factor too since even the newer Becker units are scarce.
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast