Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Becker Bavaria C professional RDS help

My Cars
    BMW 850
    I would keep it if I could play music from my phone. Would just upgrade the speakers. I could also just source a new harness? Is that also a way?

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    You could wire a 3.5mm jack onto the radio pcb so that you could plug your phone in, better still you could hook up a Bluetooth interface. Id need to look at the schematics. Is yours the professional c rds ? Have you got the cd player as well ?

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega man 1969 View Post
    You could wire a 3.5mm jack onto the radio pcb so that you could plug your phone in, better still you could hook up a Bluetooth interface. Id need to look at the schematics. Is yours the professional c rds ? Have you got the cd player as well ?
    Yes. Its the professional c rds
    My car came without the cd changer
    I also have the Becker radio and cd43 laying at home. Wanted to use those
    Last edited by Fatandre; 10-30-2017 at 11:33 AM.

My Cars
    x5, 640i, 850Ci, 850CSi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatandre View Post
    Yes. Its the professional c rds
    My car came without the cd changer
    I also have the Becker radio and cd43 laying at home. Wanted to use those
    I'm not sure about the Professional C RDS, but check out this thread regarding installing bluetooth with the CD43: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ht=mbarrett635 . I've installed this in my car, and it works great. It adds hands free phone operation, plays music from your phone, plus you can play music from a thumb drive or an SD card. Easy DIY installation, and inexpensive. Since you already have a CD43 radio, this is a win-win.

Mike Barrett
    Mike Barrett
    94 850CSi, Hellrot over silbergrau dunkel/silbergrau hell
    96 850Ci, Oxfordgrun over silbergrau hell

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarrett635 View Post
    I'm not sure about the Professional C RDS, but check out this thread regarding installing bluetooth with the CD43: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ht=mbarrett635 . I've installed this in my car, and it works great. It adds hands free phone operation, plays music from your phone, plus you can play music from a thumb drive or an SD card. Easy DIY installation, and inexpensive. Since you already have a CD43 radio, this is a win-win.

Mike Barrett
    But the CD43 works and all except there comes no sound from the speakers. Thats the problem I am dealing with.

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd

My Cars
    BMW 850
    I bet the sound quality isnt the best

My Cars
    x5, 640i, 850Ci, 850CSi
    On the bluetooth adapter I recommended? It is surprisingly good. Part of the sound quality is dependent upon the bitrate of the music files being played on your phone. I always choose the maximum size/highest quality setting for whatever music program I am using (i'm partial to Spotify). Of course, as everyone will tell you, the stock speakers in the 8 are most likely the single biggest limiting factor when it comes to sound quality. I haven't changed mine, so it does have its limits. But I'm just happy not to have to listen to crappy radio stations and all their constant commercials.

Mike Barrett
    Last edited by mbarrett635; 10-31-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    Mike Barrett
    94 850CSi, Hellrot over silbergrau dunkel/silbergrau hell
    96 850Ci, Oxfordgrun over silbergrau hell

My Cars
    97 850CI
    When using the stock system, you are absolutely correct.
    Desecrator of all things Sacred

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Quote Originally Posted by 72tpik5 View Post
    When using the stock system, you are absolutely correct.
    Thats what I am talking about. I think the best way would be to change out the harness and put in the CD43 along with some bluetooth adapter and new speakers

My Cars
    97 850CI
    Thats what I am talking about. I think the best way would be to change out the harness and put in the CD43 along with some bluetooth adapter and new speakers
    I would change the amp, speakers and wires, and I would go with an aftermarket head unit as well. I know it won't look stock, but if you really want it to sound good, you will have to find a head unit that you like the looks of.
    Desecrator of all things Sacred

My Cars
    BMW 850
    But I guess the main problem with my car is the harness from the radio to the trunk

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    That system uses a separate unit in the back. Other 1-DIN radio’s will not talk to it, hence, no music.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    e36 318Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    Surprised the 2450 mbus also supports ibus. Still extremely sad it has no id3/ibus message support. I hoped the external device would send the message and the unit just displays it, but as it seems, doesn't work like that. No idea how that protocol works.

About 2450/2455 difference, there is another thing (or thι thing): it's the TP function. The 2450 displays T and TP, the 2455 displays the station name. As can be seen in the pictures I posted on previous pages.

ps. noticed the auto brightness on the 2455 isn't that good, it's often brighter than my obc/climate control. If I put my finger over the sensor, it dimms to a match. Don't feel like taping over the sensor, which on this unit, is behind a nice transparant cover. It seems too sensitive. Never have this problem with my CD43. Also, the CD43 secret menu has a setting for initial display brightness, so you can match it with the obc/mid and climate controls. Unfortunately, the Becker menu lacks this.
    This unit good have been beyond perfect with these little things corrected.
    Hey, I read this topic because i want to find something about becker be2450/be2455 and dension gw lite cd changer emulator. I was testing it with cd43 and it works ok, but when i tried with becker, no effect . I got also multifunction steering wheel and it works fine with becker. Becker also is working fine with factory cd changer but with dension there is no contact (there is no posibillity to change mode to cd changer. Can somebody help mi to connect it ?

My Cars
    840Ci|725tds|Alpina B7
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielRosa View Post
    Hey, I read this topic because i want to find something about becker be2450/be2455 and dension gw lite cd changer emulator. I was testing it with cd43 and it works ok, but when i tried with becker, no effect . I got also multifunction steering wheel and it works fine with becker. Becker also is working fine with factory cd changer but with dension there is no contact (there is no posibillity to change mode to cd changer. Can somebody help mi to connect it ?
    It was my understanding through reading on here that the BE2450/2455 was compatible with the non-ibus CD changers, even though it is a newer-style head unit. The CD43 does use ibus CD changers, which is the protocol used by the Dension. Pin 7 is the "ibus" or multifunction steering wheel link to the head unit, but that is on the main harness, and not on the CD changer connection.

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    Here are the pinout details of the cable that runs from the head unit to the RDS tuner.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Omega man 1969; 04-22-2018 at 07:03 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    What does that give us? Can I modify it somehow for a normal radio to work?

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    What does that give us? Can I modify it somehow for a normal radio to work?
    No this is for anyone wanting to know how to make a cable to connect the professional c head unit to the RDS tuner in the boot. I’ve had quite a few PMs over the years asking for a clear pin out diagram .

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielRosa View Post
    Only just saw your question. The 2450 is Mbus version, 2455 Ibus.

CD changer, when connected properly, can be chosen by pressing the Mode button 2 times (when in radio mode).
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    cars
    Hi all!
    I have a big request: if somebody has a pinout scheme of interboard cable from front panel to head of Becker 2450, could you give it please?

Thank you foa attention!

My Cars
    94 bmw e36 325i convert
    Good evening all,

My apologises if this message is out of place but i am at a dead end with regards to getting information on my BMW Bavaria C Professional RDS (Becker BE1801) with 6 disc CD changer in the trunk unit in my 1994 E36 325i convertible.

From research done this unit is not common in my model of vehicle hence the limited information that i could find.

My query is with regards to unplugging the CD changer and adding a bluetooth / auxiliary interface using the 17 pin adaptors (picture attached) that are available on ebay.

Will my radio read this add-on in cd mode?

All of the pages visited that offer information on these adaptors, including the ebay sellers page make no mention the Becker BE1801 as compatible unit.
    From this I'm assuming that it may not be a simple plug and play solution even though the 17 pin adaptor is common amongst varies other bmw head units.

Any assistance or information regarding my query is highly appreciated.

Thank guys.

My Cars
    BMW E36 330, 318is, 328
    Hello, i got becker rds 2430 Mexico, but dont like the yellow look inside my e36. Decided to change the diods (about 60 inside) from 2450/2455 with more orange look. Does somebody know what exactly is the type of those diods and where can i find them? Thank you!

My Cars
    BMW E36 330, 318is, 328
    I found the radio technical manual, but for some reason it is not with full content. Only 7 pages from 30, and the information about the diodes is exactly on the missing pages.

https://elektrotanya.com/becker_bmw_.../download.html

My Cars
    E34
    I'm trying to do something similar for a Becker 0774. Becker Bavaria C ProfessionaL.
    I can't seem to find a multiplexer, I searched all the ICs that come up on the board.

Any clue where mine might be located? Or did anyone try to do this for this board? Thanks!

The TDA that shows on the picture is a: Decoder for traffic warning VWF radio transmission
    Last edited by okorn; 04-20-2020 at 10:04 AM.

My Cars
    1991 BMW E34
    Anyone know about bmw e34 be1801 tuner module location? Can post some photos how it installed? Thanks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast