My Cars
    2001 e53 x5

Ok. My 2001 x5 e53 sat nav unit stuck on mute.

Ok. My 2001 x5 e53 sat nav unit stuck on mute. Tv, radio, cd, sat nav are all muted, no sound at all. Checked wiring, radio module, new battery.

It had a bmw e53 alpine amp added recently before I bought it. Sound was working when I bought it. Could it just be a coding issue? Help I need music!

My Cars
    2001 BMW M5
    I have the SAME exact problem.. Been searching for a solution.. With no luck so far.. Mine is a 2001 m5 , dsp , nav .older radio box.. Has to be something with our year.. Anyone??! Oh i coded mine and still no go..

The Bluetooth works perfect, hear voices out of speakers , phone rings in speakers.. The V/C works through speakers. Just all radio, cd so on is muted.. And yes I made sure the volume was turned up and radio is on lol

Ducatiman, I figured it half way out.. It's the MUTE that is stuck on.. I pulled pin 51 out of the 54 pin harness that goes to the ulf and what do you know.. Sound from the radio and CD player! Problem is now the phone and radio/cd player go through at the same time.. So or now I just need to turn the radio off for a phone call.. The "auto mute" don't work obviously . Next step is finding out why it's getting a signal to mute all the time.. Progress atleast.. Hope any of this helps u
    Last edited by lofuel; 09-24-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    01-740i Sport SILVER/BLK
    Hey Guys..
    I have a complete set up from a 2005 X5 in GREAT SHAPE!!! (the MKIII navi is from my personal 2001 740I sport) EVERYTHING was just recently used , and in GREAT working order!!!
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1895842

hope this helps??
    Thanks!!
    -John
    NJ