RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Convertible top won't work...

Unhappy Convertible top won't work...

Tailgating at the Bucs game (They really strees me out) and my top stops working while I was closing it. Managed to get it closed all the way by pulling the emergency release lever under the rear seat. Got home and checked the fuses (7, 35, & 43) in the main power distribution box and they were OK. I have re-engaged the gears into the top and lid motors. When I try to reset by holding the switch down for 10 seconds nothing happens. I have a 94 325IC with the semi-automatic top. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks
    When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep... not like the other screaming passengers in his car.

Smile Fixed

I received my ETK and TIS cd-rom's today and figured out how to fix my top. The top has to be stowed in the convertible top box behind the rear seat. Ignition key in "0" position. While holding the top switch down, turn key to position "1". After 10 seconds the top will start to close.
    When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep... not like the other screaming passengers in his car.

Hi red,

I noticed you have dealt with 325 top problems and wondered if you had advice for me.

I have 1994 325IC. Power top. I press switch, nothing happens.
    I checked all three fuses, all good. I raised the top slightly, trunk is closed. Still nothing.

I checked for current at the plug for the switch and no current there. Do you think it would help to reset or do I have bad sensors somewhere keeping current from reaching the switch.

If you think reset is way to go, how do I reset?

Thanks
    Mike
    mikempmp@hotmail.com