Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TPM Malfuction does not reset can anyone help

My Cars
    2008 BMW 550i Sport
    I have a similar problem. First really cold day this year and I got a TPM Malfunctioning message. Filled tires to spec then reset the TPM from the idrive. TPM reset and stayed reset for about a mile then malfunctioned again. Is this a battery issue? Or can someone help me out? Unlike many of the other post, when I removed my spare it was bone dry and didn't look like it had every had water in it at all. I even took apart the TPM and cleaned it with contact cleaner. The TPM looks brand new.

My Cars
    BMw 325xi Xdrive
    Having the same issue. While driving home from work last night after around 15 miles suddenly it said tpms malfunction, and that it is unavailable. Attempted to reset ir a couple of times today, all pressures are good. Yet to check under the spare wheel compartment to see the condition the units in. But sounds like it could be a unit failure?

My Cars
    2008 BMW 535xi

Check the trunk for water moisture

Quote Originally Posted by 07Bimmerman View Post
    2007 BMW 525i I have tried to reset my tire pressure monitor using the instrutional guide and even brought it to a tire dealer to check the sensors and tire pressure. They checked all the tire sensors and all were working properly, and they filled the tires with the right amount of air and I am still having the same issue wih the TPM can anyone help. Thanks

Water got into the spare tire wheel well --- that is where they put the TPMS sensor. Got some corrosion on the wire. Had to clean it up and then I was able to reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be ... but I would clean the terminal on the wire ribbon first ... buy a electrical cleaner spray ...

Could smell the TPMS sensor unit for any "burned" smell .... I doubt it's that.

My Cars
    2019 X5 40i, 2012 X5 35i
    Perhaps this solution on a different BMW model will help someone reading this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vu7GTFcZjU

My Cars
    2010 BMW 535xi
    Did anybody find out where the location of the RDC Antenna or reply to the question from gbtq80, I have the same problem, but I can't seem to find the antenna, I looked behind the rear passenger wheel, but no luck, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by dan212 View Post
    I have a similar problem. First really cold day this year and I got a TPM Malfunctioning message. Filled tires to spec then reset the TPM from the idrive. TPM reset and stayed reset for about a mile then malfunctioned again. Is this a battery issue? Or can someone help me out? Unlike many of the other post, when I removed my spare it was bone dry and didn't look like it had every had water in it at all. I even took apart the TPM and cleaned it with contact cleaner. The TPM looks brand new.
    Any update on this, did you find the fix?

My Cars
    BMW M3
    TPM Malfunction message will not allow to do any resetting. I've replaced all 4 wheel sensors, still same message only when cold (like 30F or below), checked the TMPS antenna it is clean and like new, checked the RDC module in the trunk there is not water damage (bone dry) and the module is clean as new.
    When unplugging this module while engine running the same message "TPM Malfunction" can be replicated at any time and temperature condition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12