Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: E46 Can bus project.

My Cars
    E46 M3

All good, thanks!

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaniel View Post
    Good to hear. You will need to send 0x329 about every 20ms or so continuously for it to be happy. But the temp needle has a lot of logic built into it. It doesn't just put the value you sent up there. For instance if I remember correctly BMW does not let it go UP unless the engine is running. I'd recommend starting with RPM first. It's more forgiving.
    This does seem to vary. My E46 clusters don't care at all, but my Z4M cluster behave more like how you describe.

Jaaap is offline ☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☏ ☠ ☢ ☣ ♕ ♫ ✂
    My Cars
    Alpina B10 e39 / F3
    Was it already known that the Cruise Control buttons on the steering wheel are in ARBID 0x329, byte3 on the e46 M3?

Code:
    ARBID 0x329
    Byte3 (bit0 == LSb)
        bit 7 Cruise 1/0
        bit 6 Cruise -
        bit 5 Cruise +
        bit 6&5 Cruise Resume

My Cars
    135i, R53 jcw, x5d, E39
    has anyone figured out why the mk60 brake pressure is not present on the canbus? I'm data logging the canbus to a racecapture pro mk2, not able to find brake pressure on 0x1F8 byte 2. I was able to get the rest of the data I need to work. Worst case is I tap the 5v pressure sensor output wire but it would be nice to be pure canbus and no extra sensor wire
    The term badge whores is not allowed on bimmerforums, because badge whores don't like it

My Cars
    E53, E90, Triumph GT6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaaap View Post
    Was it already known that the Cruise Control buttons on the steering wheel are in ARBID 0x329, byte3 on the e46 M3?

Code:
    ARBID 0x329
    Byte3 (bit0 == LSb)
        bit 7 Cruise 1/0
        bit 6 Cruise -
        bit 5 Cruise +
        bit 6&5 Cruise Resume
    Thanks. I'll add it to page one. To be clear for others, ARBID 329 is FROM the DME (not from the buttons). The DME repeating the Cruise button status over the can bus.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlah View Post
    has anyone figured out why the mk60 brake pressure is not present on the canbus? I'm data logging the canbus to a racecapture pro mk2, not able to find brake pressure on 0x1F8 byte 2. I was able to get the rest of the data I need to work. Worst case is I tap the 5v pressure sensor output wire but it would be nice to be pure canbus and no extra sensor wire
    Does INPA provide brake pressure? If so you can have INPA request brake pressure and capture the request and response on the can bus (It'll start on the d-bus then the IKE will send it via CAN to the DSC). Add that to your program and Volia :-)

Edit: Someone suggested that
    ARBID: 0x1F8 Byte2 has Brake Pressure. Does your car have that? Might not be on all models.

Thaniel
    Last edited by Thaniel; 07-18-2017 at 04:56 PM.

My Cars
    135i, R53 jcw, x5d, E39
    INpa does have brake pressure, I tried 0x1f8 byte 2 already, while ista was showing pressure but I had no luck
    The term badge whores is not allowed on bimmerforums, because badge whores don't like it

My Cars
    e46 332ti,e46 325ti,f31
    Ordinary MK60s do not stream the brake pressures to CAN. As far as I know the 1f8 is only to be found on those cars with hill descent control, i.e 4 wheel drive. INPA requests the brake pressures front and rear over the KBus. I have added that to my emulators, where I request the brake pressures over the KBus and retransmits them to CAN. The format of the KBus messages can be found in an MK60 thread in another forum. Due to the low KBus speed, the update frequency of the brake pressures is only 5Hz by reading pressure + pressure offsets, but can be increased to 10Hz by only reading the brake pressures (offsets does not varies much). I'm about to make some Analog2CAN cards where I read the brake pressure sensors directly and transmit the values on CAN. Also adding the option to read e.g a VDO oil pressure sensor or a temp sensors (gear box, diff) for transmitting the values to CAN. The plan is to have the Analog2CAN readings synced with the MK60 messages (7ms or ~140Hz).
    Last edited by e36 323ti; 07-28-2017 at 03:53 AM.
    Happiness isn't around the corner - happiness is the corner!

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Anyone managed to decipher which ARBID contains the air intake temp, I already have the outside air temp but the real intake temp reported by the IAT / MAF would be awesome.
    Last edited by MartynT; 07-28-2017 at 11:36 AM.

My Cars
    135i, R53 jcw, x5d, E39
    Quote Originally Posted by e36 323ti View Post
    Ordinary MK60s do not stream the brake pressures to CAN. As far as I know the 1f8 is only to be found on those cars with hill descent control, i.e 4 wheel drive. INPA requests the brake pressures front and rear over the KBus. I have added that to my emulators, where I request the brake pressures over the KBus and retransmits them to CAN. The format of the KBus messages can be found in an MK60 thread in another forum. Due to the low KBus speed, the update frequency of the brake pressures is only 5Hz by reading pressure + pressure offsets, but can be increased to 10Hz by only reading the brake pressures (offsets does not varies much). I'm about to make some Analog2CAN cards where I read the brake pressure sensors directly and transmit the values on CAN. Also adding the option to read e.g a VDO oil pressure sensor or a temp sensors (gear box, diff) for transmitting the values to CAN. The plan is to have the Analog2CAN readings synced with the MK60 messages (7ms or ~140Hz).
    you sell these?

I'm also looking for IAT, not found it yet hoping to use it to monitor my meth injection

My Cars
    e46 332ti,e46 325ti,f31
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlah View Post
    you sell these?

I'm also looking for IAT, not found it yet hoping to use it to monitor my meth injection
    The IAT is not on the main CAN bus. In my emulators I have recently implemented option to pull IAT from the ECU via KBUS for redistribution to CAN. Discovered that the message from the ECU holding the IAT also contains LMM-mass (kg/h), CoolingWaterOutletTemperature and ExhaustGasTemperature. I embedded those in the CAN message as well... :-)

My Cars
    323i
    Are you selling this yet?

My Cars
    e46 332ti,e46 325ti,f31
    Yes, I do.

My Cars
    E53, E90, Triumph GT6

My Cars
    e46 332ti,e46 325ti,f31
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dean View Post
    Are you selling this yet?
    Have tried to summarise "this" in a webpage: http://airventdisplay.no/en/site-map...lator-for-mk60

My Cars
    E53, E90, Triumph GT6
    Not CAN bus but is asked about often in this thread. The cruise buttons to the ECU connection signal. Finally figured it out. The BMW WDS for the MFL has the wrong pins noted for the 12V and Th FGRS (Cruise). They are switched. Looking at the Volute spring wiring diagram they are correct. And surprise with them the correct way we could capture the signal. See more here http://e46canbus.blogspot.com/2014/0...e-buttons.html

My Cars
    88 Mazda RX-7 LS Swapped
    Not CAN bus but is asked about often in this thread. The cruise buttons to the ECU connection signal. Finally figured it out. The BMW WDS for the MFL has the wrong pins noted for the 12V and Th FGRS (Cruise). They are switched. Looking at the Volute spring wiring diagram they are correct. And surprise with them the correct way we could capture the signal. See more here http://e46canbus.blogspot.com/2014/0...e-buttons.html
    Umm, does this mean you are working on a solution to control cruise? I'll buy one if this is the case.

My Cars
    e46 332ti,e46 325ti,f31
    Nice. Plan to use it in a car without stock ECU?

The FGR on CAN works nicely. Implemeted support in my airVent Display to change display pages.

My Cars
    E53, E90, Triumph GT6
    Quote Originally Posted by screamin88 View Post
    Umm, does this mean you are working on a solution to control cruise? I'll buy one if this is the case.
    There are existing solutions to cruise for Cable driven engines. For drive by wire cars I need the new ECU's commands. Then yah it could be done.

Quote Originally Posted by e36 323ti View Post
    Nice. Plan to use it in a car without stock ECU?
    The FGR on CAN works nicely.
    The bulk of the interest was in engine swapped BMW with a non BMW engine. so yah often no E46 ECU. (The cruise buttons are wired to the BMW ECU. )

My Cars
    88 Mazda RX-7 LS Swapped
    There are existing solutions to cruise for Cable driven engines. For drive by wire cars I need the new ECU's commands. Then yah it could be done.

The bulk of the interest was in engine swapped BMW with a non BMW engine. so yah often no E46 ECU. (The cruise buttons are wired to the BMW ECU. )

It will be DBW with a p59 ECU. How would one go about finding what the GM ECU wants for inputs?

My Cars
    E53, E90, Triumph GT6
    It will be DBW with a p59 ECU. How would one go about finding what the GM ECU wants for inputs?
    Would take some CAN bus sniffing on a GM car or the right parts of a GM car. Much like we did (are doing) in this thread for the E46. Or CAN bus information from someone that has already done it.

Some module in GM car will be issuing messages on the CAN bus that the GM ECU is listening to. The button presses for sure would be messages. But likely other messages from the ABS module or other places to ensure that it is ok to engage or keep cruising. Once we have those then we'd have to try them on a GM ECU installed in a car and see if it works. Repeat until it does work :-)

Thaniel

My Cars
    S/C LS2 e46, LS e367&8
    I’m in for cruise control on the e46 swaps!

My Cars
    88 Mazda RX-7 LS Swapped
    Any head way on this? I'm lusting over the thought of cruise control!

My Cars
    E53, E90, Triumph GT6
    Any head way on this? I'm lusting over the thought of cruise control!
    I think I have all the pieces in hand now. Just need to put a program together and test it. I just need a few days of nothing else going on.... Not sure when that'll happen but hopefully before too long.

My Cars
    88 Mazda RX-7 LS Swapped
    I think I have all the pieces in hand now. Just need to put a program together and test it. I just need a few days of nothing else going on.... Not sure when that'll happen but hopefully before too long.
    Ohhhh, this makes me excited. I'm finally getting some headway with the car and the cruise will be a nice finishing touch. Will the cruise be a separate unit than the instrument/A/C unit, or be a whole new does it all deal?

BMW-26.jpg

My Cars
    2002 325Ci
    So, according to the Driver Information Internet pdf file, the cluster gets VIN data by the steering angle sensor. So the VIN is already on shared on the bus, does it get read from the DME?

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast