Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Transmission shift detent bushing drift set

My Cars
    M3 Buildup
    put me down for a set as well, pm me when you want payment ty

My Cars
    arctiksilber e36
    Count me in... was trying to find someone to do this within the week for me but I can wait for this price... paypal ready to go just let me know

My Cars
    99 M3

ZF Detent Drifts

I'm in also, PP?

My Cars
    '03 363iT
    Alright guys - That's the ballgame!

1: DeansBimmer
    2: eye145
    3: Blacklane
    4: Mr Bingley
    5: dytrdr5
    6: Bear Grylls
    7: Klose
    8: Mpyre
    9: 99MPower
    10: powelli
    11: Ragnorak
    12: 94M3
    13: bladerealm124
    14: Z3X2
    15: Driiven
    16: BSloss13
    17: bluptgm3

As a simple update - Parts are being machined and we should have them end of September. At that point, I'll start collecting paypal payments and shipping out sets. Stay tuned for payment details.

Anyone else who's still interested in a set, keep an ear to the ground and/or chime in - We may have enough interest to continue to produce these in some form or another!

Will post up when I have sets in my hand to ship, or I get an update from the shop of something big?

Rock on guys, thanks!

My Cars
    00 MC, 02 325I,MBZ ML350
    How about sourceing the pins? Can we get them only from BMW? Does anyone have another source? Group buy?

My Cars
    '03 363iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpyre View Post
    How about sourceing the pins? Can we get them only from BMW? Does anyone have another source? Group buy?

Believe it or not, I have been working with another company parallel to this project who is looking to offer (in kit form) all of the parts needed to complete the repair process, as well as carrying the punches..

I will let him chime in here, but the cliff notes go like this:

Source: Yes
    Group buy? Don't know - Up to the seller... But I do know he's offering the package at an attractive price..

Stay tuned!

mcoupemindy is offline Senior Member BMW CCA Member
    Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpyre View Post
    Hello Gents - Jonathan here with BimmerDiffs.

As stated above, I've put together kits with all the parts necessary.

The kit includes all the parts necessary to perform the refresh:

23117525048 x3
    07119937227 x3
    23117542726 x2
    23311224849 x1
    23317502165 x1

For a limited-time price of $78.99 SHIPPED! (That's cheaper than you'll find it elsewhere - I've tried and confirmed.)

Please visit http://bimmerdiffs.myshopify.com/pro...vice-parts-kit to purchase.

I should have the first parts kits ready to go early next week and will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Please feel free to email me with any questions.

A huge thank you to Gordon for producing these tools!
    Last edited by mcoupemindy; 09-20-2012 at 10:18 PM.

My Cars
    96 Stage 2 S/C Alpine M3
    So are all the parts that mcoupemindy is offering as well as the parts that hotdoggin is offering necessary to fix the 5th gear detent issue?

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerealm124 View Post
    So are all the parts that mcoupemindy is offering as well as the parts that hotdoggin is offering necessary to fix the 5th gear detent issue?
    That, sir, is correct. No more sticky shifter!

As a side note, I've been helping people do this to their transmissions for the last couple of years. It's the only solution to the ZF sticky shifter problems.

My Cars
    2014 m235i 1989 325i
    Count me in for a set of drifts (if any are available) and the parts kit.
    2014 m235i
    E30-HR race springs, Billy HD's, IE sways, stripped for the track and s52'd.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Still on board and ready when you say (i.e. confirmed).

My Cars
    96 Stage 2 S/C Alpine M3
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy

That, sir, is correct. No more sticky shifter!

As a side note, I've been helping people do this to their transmissions for the last couple of years. It's the only solution to the ZF sticky shifter problems.
    Ok count me in for a kit as well

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy

Hi Guys. Jonathan here with BimmerDiffs.

As stated above, I'm working on putting together kits with all the parts necessary.

Pending everything goes to plan, I can offer a complete parts kit which includes:

23117525048 x3
    07119937227 x3
    23117542726 x2
    23311224849 x1
    23317502165 x1

For a limited-time price of $78.99 SHIPPED! (That's cheaper than you'll find it elsewhere - I've tried and confirmed.)

I should have the first parts kits ready to go early next week and will update then. Please feel free to email me with any questions - see signature.

A big thanks to Gordon for producing these tools again.
    Shit wish I heard this before I bought everything online for 100 dollars shipped

My Cars
    '03 363iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    Count me in for a set of drifts (if any are available) and the parts kit.
    The first batch of drifts that I have commissioned to be made have all been spoken for, which is a bummer..

BUT - MCoupeMindy will be selling the drift kits in the near future so you'll be able to get them through him-

MCoupeMindy (www.bimmerdiffs.com), as far as I understand, will be listing the drift kits, and the parts kits for sale at great prices, so stay tuned if you missed the first round or are looking for detent parts!

My Cars
    2014 m235i 1989 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by HotDoggin View Post
    The first batch of drifts that I have commissioned to be made have all been spoken for, which is a bummer..
    If anyone backs out I'm still interested.
    2014 m235i
    E30-HR race springs, Billy HD's, IE sways, stripped for the track and s52'd.

My Cars
    96 Stage 2 S/C Alpine M3
    Quote Originally Posted by HotDoggin

BUT - MCoupeMindy will be selling the drift kits in the near future so you'll be able to get them through him-

MCoupeMindy (www.bimmerdiffs.com), as far as I understand, will be listing the drift kits, and the parts kits for sale at great prices, so stay tuned if you missed the first round or are looking for detent parts!
    Any idea what the price will be through there and will they both be permanent products? I probably wont be able to work on this until the spring but I was planning on buying the parts now since they seemed to be a good price. But if I can get them for a similar price in the spring I'd much rather do that. Thanks

My Cars
    88 MTII, 98 SC M3/4/5
    Hell yeah, I want the parts too. One stop shop!

My Cars
    '03 363iT
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerealm124 View Post
    Any idea what the price will be through there and will they both be permanent products? I probably wont be able to work on this until the spring but I was planning on buying the parts now since they seemed to be a good price. But if I can get them for a similar price in the spring I'd much rather do that. Thanks
    His/Our intentions are to make the drifts/parts a permanently available feature for a comparable price.. I would only assume that the prices may go up a little bit simply because there would be some overhead involved... and the prices everyone's been offered here may be the "limited time" pricing..

We'll have to let MCoupeMindy chime in once again

My Cars
    96 Stage 2 S/C Alpine M3
    Quote Originally Posted by HotDoggin

His/Our intentions are to make the drifts/parts a permanently available feature for a comparable price.. I would only assume that the prices may go up a little bit simply because there would be some overhead involved... and the prices everyone's been offered here may be the "limited time" pricing..

We'll have to let MCoupeMindy chime in once again
    Ok thank you I'll wait for his response. If prices will be similar Spitfire can have my spot and I'll purchase a set in the spring when I'm ready to drop my tranny. Hopefully mcoupemindy will chime in here. Thanks

My Cars
    arctiksilber e36
    Too excited for this... I'm in the middle of a long s52 swap, and have been telling myself I will not put the tranny in until I get this done since I bought all new shifter bushings and a UUC dssr/ssk.... Would have been a shame to put all that work in and still have clunky 5th! Thanks for making this happen

My Cars
    99 M3
    PayPal Address and final price?

Quote Originally Posted by HotDoggin View Post
    Alright guys - That's the ballgame!

1: DeansBimmer
    2: eye145
    3: Blacklane
    4: Mr Bingley
    5: dytrdr5
    6: Bear Grylls
    7: Klose
    8: Mpyre
    9: 99MPower
    10: powelli
    11: Ragnorak
    12: 94M3
    13: bladerealm124
    14: Z3X2
    15: Driiven
    16: BSloss13
    17: bluptgm3

As a simple update - Parts are being machined and we should have them end of September. At that point, I'll start collecting paypal payments and shipping out sets. Stay tuned for payment details.

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    I've listed the part kits on my website now. I won't have the first batch ready to ship until next week - please order now if you'd like one as I'll ship on a first come, first serve basis.

http://bimmerdiffs.myshopify.com/pro...vice-parts-kit

My pricing for the detent tools will be determined next week - I'll try to keep it low, but please remember that I ultimately need to cover payment fees and a small margin.

My Cars
    98 M3, '99 540iT, '93 FD
    I can't believe I missed this. I have my transmission out of my car with the old parts removed and new bushings ready to get pressed in. Did anyone in Northern California get a set? I'd love to borrow a set for a few minutes (for a fee...).

1996 Boston M3-RIP
    1998 Fern M3-daily

Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel325i View Post
    I can't believe I missed this. I have my transmission out of my car with the old parts removed and new bushings ready to get pressed in. Did anyone in Northern California get a set? I'd love to borrow a set for a few minutes (for a fee...).
    Daniel,

Send me over an email. I have a couple rental sets I've been sending to people for the last couple of years.

Jonathan

My Cars
    e30 M3, e46 M3
    Jonathan how much is the rental fee? Also my car is having trouble getting into 3rd gear only at higher revs. It's only getting into 3rd gear that I get that nasty gear grind and won't go into third gear unless I lower the speed and baby it in. All other gears are fine. I'm afraid it's a synchro and not a sticking pin issue. Anyone out there fixed their 3rd gear issue with the pin replacement?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast