Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ruining My M3

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by m3mobbin View Post
    This is what happens when an M3 is built to appeal to a VW crowd.

No hate (there's plenty of M3s left), just pity.

Also, wheels are adapters are lame.
    It's built to appeal to me.
    I'm just putting it together for a VW show where all my fiends happen to be, is it wrong I want my car finished and looking good along side my fellow mates?
    I want to share it with the world too yeah, why not?
    Last edited by So Lowww; 02-11-2015 at 01:46 AM.

My Cars
    IG: Clearsandadrop
    Quote Originally Posted by So Lowww View Post
    It's built to appeal to me.
    I'm just putting it together for a VW show where all my fiends happen to be, is it wrong I want my car finished and looking good along side my fellow mates?
    I want to share it with the world too yeah, why not?

Also, my wheels aren't lame and probably worth a lot more than yours...sure do look helluva lot better ... also adapters aren't lame, they're quite handy.
    VW fiends would say adapters are handy, instead of improper and potentially hazadous. Also, although I never stated your wheels are lame (I love Futuras) they probably aren't worth more than mine, especially running adapters intended for 5x120 use.
    Last edited by m3mobbin; 08-29-2012 at 07:21 PM.

My Cars
    '14 Tacoma & '88 300e
    Who cares if your wheels are worth more then his? You just said you can't afford to re-drill the wheels so you're obviously living outside of your means. I don't care if you car handles well or not, it's not about having race cars it's about having cars that function well on a day to day basis and that don't look like loose butthole (which I happen to think you car looks like). It sure sounds like you like VW's a lot and don't care about performance so why not get a VW? It'd be cheaper and you'd probably be able to afford to re-drill whatever wheels you want, and if everyone at BMW meet is a prick why have one?

You're the one that comes off like a prick, you come out of the gate wanting hate and you got it now sack up and accept it.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    VW feinds run adapters. And no your wheels aren't worth more than mine, especially on adapters.
    Hahahaha yes fiends for running wheels that are of another bolt pattern, what douche bags!
    And no adapters don't really have a play on these wheels whether they are worth more or less, that's only if I sell to bmw crowds only.

Quote Originally Posted by Inv3ctiv3 View Post
    Who cares if your wheels are worth more then his? You just said you can't afford to re-drill the wheels so you're obviously living outside of your means. I don't care if you car handles well or not, it's not about having race cars it's about having cars that function well on a day to day basis and that don't look like loose butthole (which I happen to think you car looks like). It sure sounds like you like VW's a lot and don't care about performance so why not get a VW? It'd be cheaper and you'd probably be able to afford to re-drill whatever wheels you want, and if everyone at BMW meet is a prick why have one?

You're the one that comes off like a prick, you come out of the gate wanting hate and you got it now sack up and accept it.
    So a square setup with 275s all around is gonna get me to work, school, meets, etc... differently than stretched tires and wide wheels how?

If I redrilled then they'd sit sunk and ghey like most of people's setups here...im sorry but when my wheels sit 5'' inside my fender with bulky tires I don't think that looks good.
    But hey somehow your 255s or whatever meaty setup you're running gets you places a lot better than my setup will right?
    Last edited by So Lowww; 08-29-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    IG: Clearsandadrop
    If I redrilled then they'd sit sunk and ghey like most of people's setups here...im sorry but when my wheels sit 5'' inside my fender with bulky tires I don't think that looks good.
    What's the specs on your Futuras, they must be super skinny? I'm running 18x9s et 21 and 18x10s et32 on my e36 with proper tire, and believe me or at least look at the pic in the sig, they don't sit 5" inside my fender wells.

I guess proper meat flush isn't a popular concept with the stance crowd, but it's the best of both worlds IMO.
    Last edited by m3mobbin; 08-29-2012 at 07:34 PM.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    What the specs on your Futuras, they must be super skinny? I'm running 18x9s et 21 and 18x10s et32 on my e36 with proper tire, and believe me or at least look at the pic in the sig, they don't sit 5" inside my fender wells.

I guess proper meat flush isn't a popular concept with the stance crowd, but it's the best of both worlds IMO.
    18x9.5 et12
    18x11 et6

Pretty skinny to me. Maybe not your car, which actually sits quite nice but I'm talking about the purist race car driver pros in here who don't mod their cars at all.

My Cars
    98M 2/5, EVO iX, 98 tdi
    Khalil i still wanna do some pulls with you to show you what a us spec motor can do haha.

S54 junk. Where your torque at bro?

Also lowerit

13.1@108- 2011

My Cars
    V8 E36 318i, E36 M3
    <3 bf.c

@jasondraper on IG

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Definitely not my style... so what happens when you come to a speed bump?
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    V8 E36 318i, E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar
    You drive over it.

@jasondraper on IG

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    Cheapo coils? I don't think 1600$ is "cheapo" ... just cause they aren't Pss9's (which BLOWWWWWWW) doesn't mean they're cheap. They're even test proven to be better hahaha.

I assume he means 'cheapo' in that they are generic parts made to fit an application. It looks like Fortune Auto is the new 'awesome adjustable rebuildable USA' coilover to hit the market.

If one had a business and wanted a private label. One only needs to contact BC Racing and pay your bill. You can have DooDooSlammed coilovers if you want. Just need to buy enough stock and they will private label. With that said you could have just hopped on eBay and it appears spend close to half of the 1600 and gotten Yellow DPS. Or heck just get the parent company's BC Racing. They are 1K.

Now are they going to break off and kill you? Probably not. Will they ride down the road. Yup. Will they slam he car? Obviously yes. Performance wise? That is more of a debate.

It's your car. Share it. Don't reply to the other people. It's such a simple solution but never followed.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos98mpower View Post
    Khalil i still wanna do some pulls with you to show you what a us spec motor can do haha.

S54 junk. Where your torque at bro?

Also lowerit
    Are we doing racecar stuff at H2O then?

My Cars
    '80 WBA/'98 WBS/'06 WBA
    I think the rear looks a little high. Do they go any lower? ;-)

My Cars
    2015 BMW M235i
    I can say I'm not a fan of it. I can appreciate a nice stanced M3, but yours isn't doing it for me. I think it's because of how low the rear is.. or the low/tire combo.. idk.

Hopefully your new setup will change that a bit. Good luck OP

2015 M235i 6MT

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    I can say I'm not a fan of it. I can appreciate a nice stanced M3, but yours isn't doing it for me. I think it's because of how low the rear is.. or the low/tire combo.. idk.

Hopefully your new setup will change that a bit. Good luck OP

It's going to look way better with the Futuras. I think on the factory wheels it just looks 'dumpy' and so everyone piled on the negativity. I can't say I would run an E46 m3 that low but it will look better.

My Cars
    '80 WBA/'98 WBS/'06 WBA
    On a serious note I will say this; even though I don't like the way it looks in it's current state and would never slam my own car like that, I'll save final judgement for when the OZ's are mounted. I will also go a step further to say I AM glad people are doing different shit with their cars, love it or hate it. If everyone did the same shit I would have no reason to click on these threads to see what people are doing.

The bottom line is these are just cars. People need to chill. As someone else mentioned, not your car, not your money and you won't be driving it...
    Last edited by twastheglow; 08-29-2012 at 09:18 PM.

My Cars
    BART
    Poor people

My Cars
    ESS 625++
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    that is what I always wonder from setups like this.
    ESS 625
    RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

My Cars
    '14 Tacoma & '88 300e
    Hahahaha yes fiends for running wheels that are of another bolt pattern, what douche bags!
    And no adapters don't really have a play on these wheels whether they are worth more or less, that's only if I sell to bmw crowds only.

So a square setup with 275s all around is gonna get me to work, school, meets, etc... differently than stretched tires and wide wheels how?

But hey somehow your 255s or whatever meaty setup you're running gets you places a lot better than my setup will right?
    Um because your car is so beaned out it can't make it over speed bumps, driveways, cracks, etc. So yes his car will get you to school much better then your car.

18x9.5 et12
    18x11 et6

Pretty skinny to me. Maybe not your car, which actually sits quite nice but I'm talking about the purist race car driver pros in here who don't mod their cars at all.
    I'll just leave these here and you'll see why I mod my car the way I do, my car got 3k miles put on it this year, it has one purpose at the moment.

My Cars
    E90 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by motocaddy View Post
    You gonna take it to the jobsite and haul a few thousand lbs or what?! Seems a lot more likely you'll be using this "power tool" (I may actually steal that to describe bf.c racecar drivers ) to drive to work, similar to what OP is using it for. Maybe one of you power tools would go a bit further and take the M3 to the track, but there's nothing preventing OP from doing the same.
    Car doesn't get driven daily, or at all really right now, because I have a bunch of shit to fix from when the it was low, too low for poopy local roads. (oil pan leak, shot bushings, f*cked off alignment, torn axle boots) but yeah he could go right on ahead and take it to the track, all you gotta do is crank the coils up and since aparently fortunes are better coils than I thought them to be, they might hold up ok. That or he overpaid for them.

Cheapo coils? I don't think 1600$ is "cheapo" ... just cause they aren't Pss9's (which BLOWWWWWWW) doesn't mean they're cheap. They're even test proven to be better hahaha.
    This fad probably won't ever die, cars just look too good lowered.
    Thanks for the respect though.
    Last I checked fortunes were about $400... There is a good chance that I'm wrong here, though.

Lowered, yes, they look SOOO much better. but this whole crazy 'stanced' thing now with stupid camber, undersized tires, oversized wheels, and it being suddenly cool to take out oil pans and stuff is just a bit too far. No way lowering a car will go out, or upsizing wheels and rolling fenders to make them fit I just personally see the "poke tuck stretch hellaflush" thing dwindling away.

Just do people like me a favor, the guy that might buy the car from you and not want the whole stance thing, and make sure you take car of things like bushings and axle boots. Maybe get a skid plate (or just drive carefully if you choose to keep it that low) so you dont crack the oil pan and rape the subframe... This actually isnt something for other people... it'll save you a massive headache and wallet-ache down the road.
    Last edited by projekt h; 08-29-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    _Harrison

My Cars
    Too many
    Quote Originally Posted by FazdaGT View Post
    You drive into it.
    Fixed.

The amount of hate in here is hilarious.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTBPdVpdMc[/ame]

My Cars
    V8 E36 318i, E36 M3
    So your car is a racecar and his is a stancecar.

Apples to Pizza.

Apples are healthy and taste okay.

Pizza is delicious.

Into it, over it, whatever...I get to the other side.
    Last edited by FazdaGT; 08-29-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@jasondraper on IG

My Cars
    1998 M3, 2004 Tacoma
    Whatever makes you happy. If moding a car to fit in with your mates makes you happy.. power to ya. just seems like backward engineering to me.

My Cars
    '99 M3 LS1; '98 740i
    This forum is hilarious.

My Cars
    2003 M3
    I was hoping to see pics of those OZ Futaras mounted. Though I did get some serious lolz from this thread so it all balanced out.
    "Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something!"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast