Thread: Do not ship through ShipNEX xpost from wheels/tires

My Cars
    95 540/6

Do not ship through ShipNEX xpost from wheels/tires

So upon the good reviews of this thread I tried using ShipNEX.

I will admit they were about 30% cheaper than any other shipper. I packaged my wheels/tires just like it was shown above, spoke with the UPS delivery driver when he picked them up, and verified that the way they were packaged was indeed acceptable and would not constitute any type of repackaging, handling charges etc.

I also overbilled myself by 10-15% on each measurement (H x L x W) and an extra 15% on the weight so I would not run into any COD billing for the recipient or backcharges on my end.

More than 2 weeks after UPS delivered to the recipient I got an e-mail Friday night from ShipNEX saying I owed roughly 25% of the shipping cost again. When I disputed the charge I got a form email response saying it was packaged improperly and then ignored. Monday I got an actual letter saying it was a fuel surcharge and not a packaging mistake.

Tuesday (today) they emailed me to say they autodrafted money from the card I used under their Terms/Conditions that I had not been in contact with them to dispute it.

When I called them on the phone I was told that it is automated and that if I don't dispute it will automatically charge the card unless a billing agent puts a hold on the charge. When I said I specifically stated that I disputes the charge Friday I was told to forward the email to their "billing email" which had already been CC'ed the since Friday but supposedly they had no copies of anything from me.

So to sum up they waited 2 weeks to bill me on a bogus charge they couldn't even keep straight between them and within 24 hours of receiving an actual paper invoice (dated 11 days ago btw) they take it upon themselves to take their money regardless of whether or not you actually did dispute the charge.

Would not use again and would not recommend them.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Call the CC company and reverse the charge. Done and done.

I only ship UPS or Fedex for this reason. I'd rather pay upfront and know who I am dealing with than not.

My Cars
    95 540/6
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    Call the CC company and reverse the charge. Done and done.

I only ship UPS or Fedex for this reason. I'd rather pay upfront and know who I am dealing with than not.
    That's the plan, just didn't want anyone else running into this ridiculousness without fair warning of their excellent business practices

My Cars
    E34, E30, LC, VP44, CJ7
    Sketchy. They shouldn't be able to take additional monies after the initial transaction was completed. That actually seems like it's against the law.

This just in: service customers that pay via credit card over the phone will be charged additional shop supplies once you've paid and picked up your vehicle.. We'll just run your credit card that we have on file AGAIN!

Follow?
    Last edited by e34Croak; 08-28-2012 at 05:01 PM.

My Cars
    Ill add some help, I find FedEx is 9/10 cheaper to ship wheels with than UPS. FedEx also automatically insures each package for $500, UPS only gives you $100 to start and $x.xx for every extra hundred you add to it.

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    Hold thread revival. I've used ShipNEX for wheels, a turbo kit and 6 speed transmission and its worked great!

My Cars
    1994 540i/6, 1992 325ic
    I used shipnex once for wheels and tires, and they ended up coming back and asking me for more money, etc. referred it to collections, etc.. I just told them where to stick it. Never again.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Shippers calculate charges based on density of the package. They like dense freight. Large lightweight packages take up space that could otherwise be occupied by the preferred dense cargo.
    The OP probably shot himself in the foot by trying to make allowances on dimensions.
    I have no experience with the shipper in question but would not expect billing to concur with fictitious weight and dims submitted. Lesson learned

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    '94 530iT LSx/T56
    Quote Originally Posted by ross1 View Post
    Shippers calculate charges based on density of the package. They like dense freight. Large lightweight packages take up space that could otherwise be occupied by the preferred dense cargo.
    The OP probably shot himself in the foot by trying to make allowances on dimensions.
    I have no experience with the shipper in question but would not expect billing to concur with fictitious weight and dims submitted. Lesson learned
    If you overestimate size/weight, yet pay for the actual cost of a package of that fictitious "density", then it shouldn't matter if you drop off something slightly smaller/lighter. It makes no sense to try and collect more money for a package that is actually slightly lighter and smaller than you state it is. You are only saving them fuel cost. Not that this comment has any merit on a 7yr old thread,but there is always two sides to a story and i bet there is likely more to it than this. But at first glance, they seem a bit shady. There should never be additional cost after the fact, especially if the package is inspected and accepted by the company/shipper. Thats just bad business.

FWIW, i have shipped with Fastenal (Third Party Logistics) numerous times with nothing but good results. I just received a 450lb pallet worth of 35" wheels and tires for my F-150. They were shipped from Richmond VA to the center of CT for about 160 bucks. The seller was awesome. He was able to get them on a pallet, strapped down (three Harbor Freight Ratchet straps), and plastic wrapped. He and Fastenal just used fork lifts to move the pallet in and out of his truck. Shipped on a monday and i picked up the following monday. The past couple shipments all took about the same amount of time to travel and have been varying distances.
    -Alex