Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Live mapping 850CSi

My Cars
    1991 850i S70 6 speed
    Thank god! We were all getting worried specially after you selling your brand new manual tranny. BTW Thank you for your help on my S70.
    Last edited by alex840; 10-22-2017 at 04:10 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    How does it ride with a 3.15?

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    Its about to be rebuilt, took a while for the parts to arrive from the States (Thanks Ed). I'll do a video once its all back together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cartoonz View Post
    cheaper than a gearbox too
    Ha yes, I nearly fell over when I called BMW and they told me a recon box is just short of £8,000 !!!

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    Bearings all looked good so I guess it must have had too much backlash.

- - - Updated - - -

In the mean time, a nice Autumn drive takes the Diff worries away
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1993 850csi
    WOW
    I have read all this post from day one, I am smashed!
    You have reached the same HP than alpina did with the B12, well done, and all this programming is like black magic.
    Why are you putting the old girl back o stock specs?

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    Quote Originally Posted by mikvantil View Post
    WOW
    I have read all this post from day one, I am smashed!
    You have reached the same HP than alpina did with the B12, well done, and all this programming is like black magic.
    Why are you putting the old girl back o stock specs?
    :-) Engine wise it is still tuned. Cosmetically I am returning it to stock, CSi's have become too valuable to be draped in non OEM body kits.

If anyone wants a copy of my CSi tuned bin file then drop me a message, its free to forum members. Keep in mind you will need to make the same mods as I have to benefit fully.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dragon850 View Post
    Glad I could help !!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1991 850i S70 6 speed
    Simon,

Believe it or not, I still have not been able to test drive with your Tune Radiator got a bad leak....

Can you elaborate on some mods you are referring to?
    Would the following help:
    1) Supersprint Mufflers
    2) Supersprint X pipe
    3) Extruded and Honed intakes
    4) 17lbs injectors
    5) Bored out DKs

What else is there I can do?

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Omega man 1969 View Post
    :-) Engine wise it is still tuned. Cosmetically I am returning it to stock, CSi's have become too valuable to be draped in non OEM body kits.

If anyone wants a copy of my CSi tuned bin file then drop me a message, its free to forum members. Keep in mind you will need to make the same mods as I have to benefit fully.

- - - Updated - - -

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by alex840 View Post
    Simon,

Believe it or not, I still have not been able to test drive with your Tune Radiator got a bad leak....

1) Supersprint Mufflers
    2) Supersprint X pipe
    4) 17lbs injectors
    5) Bored out DKs

Alex
    will fix that up in short order this Sat

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    [QUOTE=Omega man 1969;29890763]Its about to be rebuilt, took a while for the parts to arrive from the States (Thanks Ed). I'll do a video once its all back together.

My pleasure

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    Simon,

1) Supersprint Mufflers
    2) Supersprint X pipe
    4) 17lbs injectors
    5) Bored out DKs

Alex
    My setup was standard injector ( id recommended using standard ones...have them flow tested.)
    Straight through exhaust with no x pipe and one silencer at the rear on each side, hi flow filters ( don't worry about the mafs just don't over oil them after cleaning ) bored out exhaust down pipes. Schick cams.
    Last edited by Omega man 1969; 12-14-2017 at 09:26 AM.

My Cars
    1991 850i S70 6 speed
    Standard Injectors, you and I discussed already in the past.....I understand you point
    Straught Exhuast, I just got the Super Sprint X pipe and Super Sprint muffler. So you recommend deleting the X pipe all together?
    High flow filters, are you referring to K&N?
    Bored out exhaust, that is on my to do list as well.
    Schrick cams, on my to do list also.

My setup was standard injector ( id recommended using standard ones...have them flow tested.)
    Straight through exhaust with no x pipe and one silencer at the rear on each side, hi flow filters ( don't worry about the mafs just don't over oil them after cleaning ) bored out exhaust down pipes. Schick cams.

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    Standard Injectors, you and I discussed already in the past.....I understand you point
    Straught Exhuast, I just got the Super Sprint X pipe and Super Sprint muffler. So you recommend deleting the X pipe all together?
    High flow filters, are you referring to K&N?
    Bored out exhaust, that is on my to do list as well.
    Schrick cams, on my to do list also.
    I wouldn't say recommend as it does drone without a x resonator back there. performance wise there is no need for an X pipe on a V12, its needed on a V8. I have the standard system on my car now and its much nicer to drive, can barely get over 60 on the roads these days so have extra HP is kind of pointless in the UK.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes K and N style filters, they come oiled. When you clean them in future use spray oil to coat them.

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    After a year of the CSi sitting on my ramp patiently, I finally have the rebuilt LSD ready to go back in....can't wait to take it for a spin!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    KS
    Hey!
    So I got a supercharged 850 and got some deceleration issues, the car dives too much on the return to idle, eventually the engine may die.
    I'd love to get a custom EML tune with better throttle response, yet smooth and slower return to idle under 2000 RPM.
    Please, advise me something.

I'm really excited about this video
    https://youtu.be/OUDNJH6J2u8
    Last edited by Diskovod; 07-11-2018 at 11:48 AM.

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    I can make a custom pedal map for you but it sounds like you may have issues with the DK's if it wont idle. You can install a CSi chip or an Alpina Auto chip if you have an Auto box and want better pedal response.

Quote Originally Posted by Diskovod View Post
    Hey!
    So I got a supercharged 850 and got some deceleration issues, the car dives too much on the return to idle, eventually the engine may die.
    I'd love to get a custom EML tune with better throttle response, yet smooth and slower return to idle under 2000 RPM.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Diskovod View Post
    Hey!

My supercharged 850 accelerates and decelerates perfectly fine with an Alpina EML tune. Like Omega said most likely it's your DK motors, you can send them to me for restoration or I can send you a set of restored ones.
    Is your blow off valve working properly BTW?

My Cars
    KS
    I can rebuild them, but I doubt there's any wear, at 31,600 km.
    No blow off valves, there's some surge recirculation valve. It sounds like some birds chirping.
    It was built in 1992 as Koenig Specials KS8 for Geneva Auto Show.
    Albrex belt driven SC and blow-through MAFs.

However it would be nice to see how your car decelerates when you go off some gear and brake.
    Last edited by Diskovod; 07-13-2018 at 04:56 AM.

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    It won't be wear on the DK, it will be hard grease and dirt causing the trouble.

My Cars
    1990 850i and 1970 2800C
    i have read through this thread in one breath.... many thanks to Omega man 1969 to have shared that incredible info !!

I have bought a manual 850 and installed a Raptor V charger. As we have that 4200 rpm dip , i was searching the net…. just started to read the chips and trying to understand the mapping…. we are now at 410 HP and 560 NM , but with only 0.4 bar boost. Will change pulleys to have at least 0.5 bar as our goal was 450 HP.
    But ofcourse a nicer thing would be to get rid of that dip.... in the rpm range we drive the most.
    ( values in diagram to be taken x 0.75 as we only drive 3 of the 4 dyno rolls )

BMW 850i - new ecu - HP.pdf
    Last edited by Belgiumbarry; 10-13-2018 at 05:31 AM.

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    It's been a few years since looking at this but wasn't the 4200 rpm dip due to certain EML files having a lower value in the throttle map at that point. I'm pretty sure I looked at that in this thread somewhere.

I sold the CSi but back with a lovely E90 M3 for my daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgiumbarry View Post
    i have read through this thread in one breath.... many thanks to Omega man 1969 to have shared that incredible info !!

I have bought a manual 850 and installed a Raptor V charger. As we have that 4200 rpm dip , i was searching the net…. just started to read the chips and trying to understand the mapping…. we are now at 410 HP and 560 NM , but with only 0.4 bar boost. Will change pulleys to have at least 0.5 bar as our goal was 450 HP.
    But ofcourse a nicer thing would be to get rid of that dip.... in the rpm range we drive the most.
    ( values in diagram to be taken x 0.75 as we only drive 3 of the 4 dyno rolls )

BMW 850i - new ecu - HP.pdf

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    Could be onto something here, a shot of my CSi 9 x1 map that I mentioned.
    Attachment 482488

Now a shot of the same map that I found in the 850 auto file you gave me. It was a different location but I found it searching the descriptor.

Attachment 482489

I reckon that is why you can't get WOT until 4200 RPM.

Note...I haven't filled in the RPM values on those charts but 4200RPM is where the auto map hits 182 :-)

John the second file you sent was also an Auto EML file.
    Here it is ...page 11
    Last edited by Omega man 1969; 09-03-2020 at 04:03 AM.

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-speed

Live mapping 850CSi

Looking forward a couple of months to a tune for my M70/73 hybrid, I've been inspired reading this thread (a couple of times!)
    It looks like a rough shopping list includes:
    2x Ostrich emulators
    2x wideband O2 sensors (AEM, Innovate, PLX all see to offer gauges with a serial signal output)
    2x RS232 breakout plugs and RS232 to USB cables
    Laptop with a licensed copy of TunerPro

M70 DME .bin file and a matching XDF file are available for download from tunerpro.net

Am I missing anything?
    Last edited by petejk; 10-07-2020 at 10:16 PM.

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-speed
    So I guess my thought behind logging AFRs was that I could also log RPM using an Innovate SSI-4 or similar. But I’m not sure how much of a benefit having this data will be over and above live monitoring of AFRs from the driver’s seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    91 Dinan860 & 91 850 6sp
    Pete, here's the thing...
    Simon was doing this S70 CSi live mapping because, well, nobody else did it. The ECU's & EML are a bit different on CSi cars.
    M70 ECU's are way more common & far more chip options available.
    Wolf in Germany (Wokke) has a chip already for the M70/73 hybrid, and I'm told it works perfectly.

Yes, all the items you listed can certainly send you deep down the rabbit hole to create a chip tune for your car and, knowing you, you will likely figure it out and come up with a good result.
    BUT... would it really be any different than the chips already available for the same build? Likely not by much, probably not at all different.

Now... when you start adding boost, different injectors, bigger MAF's, etc... THEN those Ostrich piggys would come in handy. That's not really what you're facing now though, is it?

You've got my ph # (viewable on FB), call me any time if you need help.

Harold
    '91 Dinan 860 Stage III (new 6L engine)
    '91 Dinan 850 TT stage III (brand new engine) 21st Century Tech meets 18th Century Dinan...
    '91 850i 6sp (mint) (sold)
    '90 Dinan 750iL TT stage III (Guido - The Beast)
    '94 850 CSi The Detroit Auto Show car (restored to factory perfect) (sold)
    '96 850Ci, The George Carlin car
    ''73 3.0 csi, '08 535i, '03 X5 4.6is
    ...and a few other non BMW cars

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-speed
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonz View Post
    Pete, here's the thing...
    Simon was doing this S70 CSi live mapping because, well, nobody else did it. The ECU's & EML are a bit different on CSi cars.
    M70 ECU's are way more common & far more chip options available.
    Wolf in Germany (Wokke) has a chip already for the M70/73 hybrid, and I'm told it works perfectly.

Yes, all the items you listed can certainly send you deep down the rabbit hole to create a chip tune for your car and, knowing you, you will likely figure it out and come up with a good result.
    BUT... would it really be any different than the chips already available for the same build? Likely not by much, probably not at all different.

Now... when you start adding boost, different injectors, bigger MAF's, etc... THEN those Ostrich piggys would come in handy. That's not really what you're facing now though, is it?

You've got my ph # (viewable on FB), call me any time if you need help.

Harold
    Harold,
    It certainly felt like a rabbit hole when I started reading about Tunerpro and emulators, and was still reading a few hours later! Pretty fascinating stuff too.
    I contacted Wolf regarding his tune, and have seen the dyno output. It would certainly be the plug and play solution.
    I guess I have a decision to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415