Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OEM- Im doing it right!

My Cars
    E36, E46
    Quote Originally Posted by kura View Post
    Lol, attacking grammar when losing the argument

IMO, any BMW that has an M engine in it deserves an M badge although it is optional
    1. I'm not arguing.
    2. I'm not 'losing'.

All of the points I replied with are factual and correct.

Further, US spec M3's don't even have M engines so it's already a stretch to put an M3 badge on a car with a WBS vin. Putting one on a WBA car is out of the question.

Aside from being too low, it's a very nice car. A 332ic badge would be cool...
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5
    op where did you get the m badge for the wheel i have the same wheel and like that look better than the srs i got now.. thanks

My Cars
    2005 E46 ZHP
    so sick. what kind of camera do you use?

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    nice car, but I really hate when bodyshops replace front fenders with the wrong ones...
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Op, beautiful car man,do your thing, haters will hate no matter what

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325i sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by NL328i
    As a fellow e36 hellrot vert owner- you set the bar man. I'll just limbo underneath haha.
    Haters shall hate. I think it would look real slick with just the ///M emblem with the 3 removed. Then its not badged as an m3 and it still references the M bits (and by bits I mean substantial bits).

I have a set of DS1s I was planning on powedercoating white and then painting the stamped words hellrot. If you are getting rid of the DS1s, try the hellrot in the letters before you sell so I can get an idea :P hahaha thanks.

Ultimately its your car, and is one of the few non-m, which I think can wear the m badge and not get shit for it.

Here is a pic of your cousin to the north:
    What headlights are those? I like :-D
    I want something for my vert with the eyes ha
    Last edited by Zen325i; 08-22-2012 at 08:47 AM.

My Cars
    '14 Tacoma & '88 300e
    Quote Originally Posted by kura View Post
    Lol, attacking grammar when losing the argument

IMO, any BMW that has an M engine in it deserves an M badge although it is optional
    Nope, do you realize how many different elements there are to an M car compared to the non-cars? The engine is only one piece of many, but the OP seems to have done it right and swapped everything over. Respect to the OP for doing it right, I actually really like your vert but you know I'd like it more if it was raised up a bit

My Cars
    97 M3
    "Its not the way I like it and that bothers me".. LOL. Who cares

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Coupe
    I dig it.

2000 Z3 M Coupe

My Cars
    95 m3, 3L S4
    Quote Originally Posted by jvit27 View Post
    1. I'm not arguing.
    2. I'm not 'losing'.

All of the points I replied with are factual and correct.

Further, US spec M3's don't even have M engines so it's already a stretch to put an M3 badge on a car with a WBS vin. Putting one on a WBA car is out of the question.

Aside from being too low, it's a very nice car. A 332ic badge would be cool...

Do you own a M3 with a six speed and s50b32?
    "Lamborghini, the tractor maker, wanted to figure out why his Ferrari's clutch kept crapping out (PITA, cost a lot of money). He complained to Ferrari, and Enzo didn't do anything. Lamborghini discovered it was the same, much cheaper clutch used in his tractors. The rest is history..."

My Cars
    e36 m3 Ls2, 318I, 325is
    beautiful ride, the only thing i would do is run wider tires, thats it.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 600whp S4 View Post
    1995 ///M3 Cosmos Black/Anthracite M-Cross/Amaretta

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    I like it, regardless of all the 'faults' that everyone is pointing out. It caught my eye, I'm a fan of it...nice work.

Hey man, I'm a professional!

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4
    Quote Originally Posted by themadhatter View Post
    I like it, regardless of all the 'faults' that everyone is pointing out. It caught my eye, I'm a fan of it...nice work.
    Exactly...

@ Jvit

1. Also even though it has the S52 engine, many people convert to OBD I.

2. I am insulted that you would discredit the fact that my car is actually a real M3 cause it is not the original European version. Clearly BMW made the car an ///M version and modified it to keep cost down for export to the US for both emission reasons, and selling price point.
    Last edited by JuCo; 08-23-2012 at 01:43 AM.
    Mod list - M50 manifold; TechniqueTuning Stg2, Apex Arc-8, ZKW euro, clear corners Mike R diffbrace, Koni Yell with HR race
    X-brace UCC tranny mounts -BLK/with enforcers, powerflex rtabs,lcabs, AAfanclutch, mishimoto rad, UCC Ultra-cerametallic Clutch.
    You will go through days of joy and days of sadness as the pursuit for power leads to madness...

My Cars
    95 m3, 3L S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post

Join Date: Mar 2006. You're point? Ive had m3's and other screen names since 2002 so grow up
    "Lamborghini, the tractor maker, wanted to figure out why his Ferrari's clutch kept crapping out (PITA, cost a lot of money). He complained to Ferrari, and Enzo didn't do anything. Lamborghini discovered it was the same, much cheaper clutch used in his tractors. The rest is history..."

My Cars
    97' Cosmos Sedan
    Looks great, really clean too. The cleanliness is at such a high caliber, that i would go as far as saying it's probably cleaner than most m3's. I feel those spacers are a must with those 7.5 inch wide wheels and 205/40 tires, lol.

My Cars
    1996 328i Vert(+hardtop)
    bunch of school girls ITT

My Cars
    E36 M3, 11 X5d, 16 F31
    Quote Originally Posted by 600whp S4 View Post
    No he does not. U.S. spec 99.

Quote Originally Posted by JuCo View Post
    Exactly...

@ Jvit

1. Also even though it has the S52 engine, many people convert to OBD I.

2. I am insulted that you would discredit the fact that my car is actually a real M3 cause it is not the original European version. Clearly BMW made the car an ///M version and modified it to keep cost down for export to the US for both emission reasons, and selling price point.
    No need to be insulted. The facts are what they are. The U.S. M3 is an M3 and no arguing that point. However, it does not have a true Motorsport" engine and that's all he was saying. Basically it's a modified M50TU variant. It's a great engine, extremely reliable and can get decent hp if you pump some money in it.

For the M3, a Motorsport engine is one that's actually used in racing by BMW and backed with performance racing parts from BMW. Think S14, S50B30/32, S54, S65. That was never the case for the S50US and S52B32. In fact, in BMW's own Motorsport Engine History section of their Motorsport Heritage workbook, they say "the new M3 engine produced 240 hp and differed considerably from the European version." That statement was not an afterthought.

I love both of my M3's. Other than the engines (which are great imo), the rest of the car is every bit an M3. I view it this way. If I go to Vegas to see Elvis live, I know it's not Elvis but it doesn't mean i won't enjoy the show. There's a lot more to an M3 than the engine. When I get around to finishing my S50B32 conversion, I'll let you know if my opinion changes.

OP, nice car nontheless. Although our tastes may differ, anytime someone does nice clean work like that deserves respect. I wouldn't badge it an M3 but rather an M-technic if it were me. But you know what they say about opinions...
    Last edited by Jim E.; 08-23-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    RX-78-2, RX-93v
    Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is about the M badge. I think this ride is NICE, and it looks like a lot of time and effort went into the details on this car.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Thanks everyone

I dont want this to turn into an argument. The fact is its my car. Its payed off. I didnt want to sell this car and try to find a mint M3 and spend 3x the amount I payed for this car. Id say this car is 97% perfect. That goes to 9 years of swapping out old parts for new parts.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Your car is mint! It's as much of a m3 as any vin made one. Thanks for the inspiration to have mine as clean as yours one day!

My Cars
    1999 Dakar Vert
    Im very much inspired!
    1999 Dakar m3 Vert, 98 Alaska blue cali m318ti, avus ti sport cali (dash swap), 95 318ti white base model.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Thanks guys!

Just added 2 new pics to the first post with the splitters and spacers installed

My Cars
    Bmw
    Love everything about this beauty
    Life is like a car wash and I'm on a bicycle.

My Cars
    1996 328i Vert(+hardtop)
    Ever think about a windscreen for it? Seems to be the only vert specific part your missing.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast