Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OEM- Im doing it right!

My Cars
    1996 328i Vert(+hardtop)
    what size spacer are you running in those pictures? I'm trying to do it on my green hardtop e36(below). We have similar tastes and would love to have that fitment. Very clean and love the red! Thanks for sharing that! What lens for the shots? They are sharp!

Last edited by germancarguy; 08-19-2012 at 01:48 AM.

My Cars
    1999 Orient Blue 540i
    IMO when one does a motor swap to an M motor its def deserving of an ///M badge, just my thoughts.
    Love this car, just looks so classy, the minor details like the ///M valve stem caps add that much more. Overall just great.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by germancarguy View Post
    what size spacer are you running in those pictures? I'm trying to do it on my green hardtop e36(below). We have similar tastes and would love to have that fitment. Very clean and love the red! Thanks for sharing that! What lens for the shots? They are sharp!
    20mm Spacers all around

"Built not bought"

My car was built. 9 yrs and 2 months to be exact. The only thing that hasn't been touched or swapped is the Vin. The car was born a 1995 318ic Cosmos w/ tan interior.

Thanks
    Last edited by ///Mposter; 08-19-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Bmw 318is
    Always loved your car !

Got rid of the LED tails I see ?

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Thanks man.. Yea sold em. Just want a more oem feel. I think the next thing is to get some wheels.

My Cars
    RX-78-2, RX-93v
    Too low, but it's SO clean and nice. Excellent work, and a great departure from the typical stance/style 5 trend.

My Cars
    2002 ///M5 Carbon/Black
    Your 318 is clean, really clean I love it but then I have to hate it too. Just because it's not an M3 and your trying to pass It off as one. It is what it is. In the end it's your car, still clean though. Good job

My Cars
    99 M3
    Never really a fan of convertibles but this is clean!

My Cars
    e10/e30/e36
    As a fellow e36 hellrot vert owner- you set the bar man. I'll just limbo underneath haha.
    Haters shall hate. I think it would look real slick with just the ///M emblem with the 3 removed. Then its not badged as an m3 and it still references the M bits (and by bits I mean substantial bits).

I have a set of DS1s I was planning on powedercoating white and then painting the stamped words hellrot. If you are getting rid of the DS1s, try the hellrot in the letters before you sell so I can get an idea :P hahaha thanks.

Ultimately its your car, and is one of the few non-m, which I think can wear the m badge and not get shit for it.

Here is a pic of your cousin to the north:
    Last edited by NL328i; 08-20-2012 at 02:41 PM.

My Cars
    none
    Where did you get the wheels from? My buddy Hank did a set just like that... that would be cool if they made their way out to CO and on your car!

My Cars
    1999 Dakar Vert
    Pm me what headlight/HID setup your running
    1999 Dakar m3 Vert, 98 Alaska blue cali m318ti, avus ti sport cali (dash swap), 95 318ti white base model.

My Cars
    '14 Tacoma & '88 300e
    Clean car, a little too low for my taste but still. I have a bit of an issue with the M3 badge because the motor is not the only thing that makes an M3 an M3...did you swap over the subframe, brakes, etc?

My Cars
    Hellrot E36 M3
    looks cool save for the m3 and m badges.

What did you use for the hood foam part to match up with the heatshield? thanks

99 Hellrot M3 || Bilstein Sport Shocks and H&R springs || X-Brace || Turner Motorsports Swaybars || Mason Engineering strut braces
    Conforti Carbon Fiber CAI || Shrick Intake Manifold || Jet Hot Shorty Headers || 10.6 lb Flywheel || AC Schnitzer Exhaust
    SSR GT2 wheels || EBC Yellowstuff brake pads || Stainless Steel Brake Lines
    130 pound diet

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, MCS
    wow, everything looks great man!

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by NL328i View Post
    As a fellow e36 hellrot vert owner- you set the bar man. I'll just limbo underneath haha.
    Haters shall hate. I think it would look real slick with just the ///M emblem with the 3 removed. Then its not badged as an m3 and it still references the M bits (and by bits I mean substantial bits).

I have a set of DS1s I was planning on powedercoating white and then painting the stamped words hellrot. If you are getting rid of the DS1s, try the hellrot in the letters before you sell so I can get an idea :P hahaha thanks.

Ultimately its your car, and is one of the few non-m, which I think can wear the m badge and not get shit for it.

Here is a pic of your cousin to the north:

Thanks Man I was also thinking of white with the letters red but thought that might take it a little farther than I wanted.

Your car is clean man.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    Where did you get the wheels from? My buddy Hank did a set just like that... that would be cool if they made their way out to CO and on your car!

Nope not the same.. I polished these myself then had them powdered

Quote Originally Posted by Les Oltmann View Post
    Pm me what headlight/HID setup your running

FX-R 3.0 WITH 4500K ds2 bulbs... (Thanks to MarketMaster)

Quote Originally Posted by Inv3ctiv3 View Post
    Clean car, a little too low for my taste but still. I have a bit of an issue with the M3 badge because the motor is not the only thing that makes an M3 an M3...did you swap over the subframe, brakes, etc?

Correct I am 100% swapped.. subframe, brakes, control arms, driveshaft rear end, ect.. Everything but the Vin.
    Last edited by ///Mposter; 08-20-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    hybrid
    Love it, but no matter what you do it is not an M3. I know in theory it could be much better, but it is not what it is badged and that bothers me.

What radiator cover is that? It looks great but seems like it lacks the alternator cooler and routing to the factory intake?? Leave the AFE, it looks great and your bay is clean clean
    Alpha-N ///M - Youtube

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by OnUrleft View Post
    Love it, but no matter what you do it is not an M3. I know in theory it could be much better, but it is not what it is badged and that bothers me.

What radiator cover is that? It looks great but seems like it lacks the alternator cooler and routing to the factory intake?? Leave the AFE, it looks great and your bay is clean clean

No matter what its paid for, I only pay $30/month full coverage... and its mine

Its just a OEM cover that doesn't have the alternator cooler.

My Cars
    1990 325i
    Saw it at High Maintenance II. Super clean car, man!

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Thanks man. I saw your car too.. Your swapped also?

Are you going to DATR Saturday?

My Cars
    E36, E46
    Quote Originally Posted by KLove83 View Post

Lol your funny. Not all m3's have srs door panels and my s52 is obd1 converted. Thanks try again
    "You're" = you are. "Your" = possessive

FYI all M3 convertibles DO have SRS door panels.
    And OBD1 is for pre-96 cars, not 98-99.
    '99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
    '04 Jet Black + Cinnamon ///
    M3 coupe

My Cars
    E36 M3
    What point are you trying to make? My car is a 95... I know they only made m3 vert's from 98-99... Ive stated that already...

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4
    Quote Originally Posted by whoshaunq View Post
    I don't know why, but your car looks delicious.I want to eat now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwless View Post
    You absolutely are doing it right! The oem+ feel with a hint of low always works well. Spacers will tie it up nicely
    KUDOS well done, love the gold on red!
    Mod list - M50 manifold; TechniqueTuning Stg2, Apex Arc-8, ZKW euro, clear corners Mike R diffbrace, Koni Yell with HR race
    X-brace UCC tranny mounts -BLK/with enforcers, powerflex rtabs,lcabs, AAfanclutch, mishimoto rad, UCC Ultra-cerametallic Clutch.
    You will go through days of joy and days of sadness as the pursuit for power leads to madness...

My Cars
    slow e39
    Quote Originally Posted by jvit27 View Post
    "You're" = you are. "Your" = possessive

FYI all M3 convertibles DO have SRS door panels.
    And OBD1 is for pre-96 cars, not 98-99.
    Lol, attacking grammar when losing the argument

IMO, any BMW that has an M engine in it deserves an M badge although it is optional

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, MCS
    I don't know what the problem is here. The OP has an extremely nice BMW with transplanted main parts out of an M3. Who the hell cares. It's not like he is badging a 318 with a 4 banger as an M3. Some of you guys need to get over yourself and respect a nicely detailed and taken care of BMW.

My Cars
    1990 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by KLove83 View Post
    Thanks man. I saw your car too.. Your swapped also?

Are you going to DATR Saturday?
    Nope, still an M20 for the time being.

I wish, school just started so I have to miss it. Went 2 years ago and it was a fun show.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast