Diesels and a 04 M3
    Love it dude
    I'm a ROLEX wear'N
    Diamond ring wear'N
    KISS steal'n
    WHEELIN DEAL'N
    Limousine RIDE'N
    JET PLANE FLY'N , SON OF A GUN!
    And I'm havin a hard time holdin these alligators down!!!!!!
    WHOOOOOO!!!!!!

My Cars
    2 x 90' M3 | 84 Euro E28
    I'm with Parallel. You'd think they'd pull the look off regardless, but it definitely needs the actual graphics on the faces.
    90 Alpine M3 | 90 Brilliantrot M3 | 85 Alpine 520i

My Cars
    M3, GT-R, 912, ect.
    Where are the updates with the graphics!

Follow me on INSTAGRAM
    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskin View Post
    Where are the updates with the graphics!
    Patience all.

There's a new car and new wheels and new treble fans

My Cars
    96 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by hexagone View Post
    Patience all.

There's a new car and new wheels and new treble fans
    Oh wheelie naow?

Will be watching!

My Cars
    many M's
    Quote Originally Posted by Inv3ctiv3 View Post
    So the new thing on Mcoupes seems to be run the ugliest wheel possible? I'm sorry but this looks terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaze View Post
    Lol too purists for the purists. This forum cracks me up.
    Christ has it right here.

there is nothing more pure than pure motorsport parts made for one specific purpose & that is getting around track the quickest possible.

Asim merged two ideas here of form & function, then set them off on an already rare/ controversial BMW platform. the talent to incorporate the two is pure beauty even outside of personal taste. for the purists, these are about as pure & thorough as it gets - functional wheel covers meant to cool the brakes. for the wheel-whores, these are about as 'holy grail' as it gets.

nothing is ruined by mounting these & the look is reverseable even while pumpin' a tank full of gas. for those acting like something is ruined here, Asim has actually done quite the opposite. how can this be argued? - just shows how many jealous people there are on these forums. we should all be proud that such a rare racing item has been well preserved for the world to enjoy. let the owner feel the well deserved accomplishment from the pride, time, & dedication it took to not only source these, but pair them on an amazing set of BBS.

this is the complete package never manufactored for the general public. it cannot be argued that these are worthy enough for any automotive muesum caring to represent quality & ingenuity in the history of racing dynamics.

Asim, your dedication to fitment & continually pushing the envelope has always been inspiring. it's unfortuante so many would rather hide behind their laptops to throw shame on a set of wheels incorporating the historic days of DTM racing that I will assume we all fell in love with as BMW enthusiasts of any kind. 'ugly' is not even acceptable here just like a LTW spoiler or Mcloth designs wouldn't be. I know you've attempted to pay homage with these wheels & have done so very successfully, it's too bad some would rather judge a performance modification in their original state as good or bad when in all actuality, it merely comes down to quality.

these fans & the wheelsetup you've made years ago continue to shine & earn the respect of true enthusiasts that take pride in all things automotive rather than those that shortchange themselves by settling to only get around track quicker than stock or mount up a rare set of wheels for the fame before selling because they never truly cared for ownership in what's elite in the first place.

so much respect!, may all of the following posers (forgot the 't' or did I) learn the error in their ways & embrace history before casting unwarranted stones.

Frame Bangin' FABEL.

My Cars
    e39
    I like them. They would probably look great on an e34 M5 too.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by FABEL View Post
    ...this is the complete package never manufactored for the general public. it cannot be argued that these are worthy enough for any automotive muesum caring to represent quality & ingenuity in the history of racing dynamics...
    BBS did offer these turbofans to the public.

See this '84 brochure:

And there not a "for looks only" version or anything (see the German text if you can read it), but fully working.

Maybe it's the central lock BBS motorsport wheels that have a different version of these not available to the public. On the motorsport wheels these are fastened by 5 small screws iirc as otherwise the fan would come off everytime the central lock was removed when changing tyres.

Asim, do these fit 17" RS's as well? Or better yet, aren't these meant for 17" RS? I guess since yours are 18" with a stepped lip they fit anyways.

It does seem like the cut-out for the valve is much inside where your vavle is located because ofthe 18" lips.

I actually think that this is what makes you pull them off better. On the pic of that e30 with the fans, it covers the whole rim/lip and you just see the tyre. Because of your larger lips, you get a good amount of lip visible, which makes it look so good.
    Last edited by MParallel; 03-10-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: additional text.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    many M's
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post

And there not a "for looks only" version or anything, but fully working.

Maybe it's the central lock BBS motorsport wheels that have a different version of these not available to the public.
    you know more than I, but I don't think they were offered to the states. even if so, not a common item at all.

as far as the motorsport version, they were center lock as you said, so this certainly would lend itself towards not being offered for sale.

of course anything is sourceable, but my only point in this respect is that very few people ran them.

thanks for the brochure photograph, it's always nice to see nostalgia like that & be able to learn further at the same time. cheers.

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    Oh wow, I have many saved brochures- but never saw this one before. With fans too!

These fans can fit 17" RSs, but there are 30 fins as opposed to 34 (to fit in between the bolts). On my 18"s with RS302 centers, they just happened to fit and that's where I left it. It was pure luck, and the width of the halves and fans lent themselves to the look you see above.

Thanks for all the kind words above. There's a lot more coming.

Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post

See this '84 brochure:

And there not a "for looks only" version or anything (see the German text if you can read it), but fully working.

Maybe it's the central lock BBS motorsport wheels that have a different version of these not available to the public. On the motorsport wheels these are fastened by 5 small screws iirc as otherwise the fan would come off everytime the central lock was removed when changing tyres.

Asim, do these fit 17" RS's as well? Or better yet, aren't these meant for 17" RS? I guess since yours are 18" with a stepped lip they fit anyways.

It does seem like the cut-out for the valve is much inside where your vavle is located because ofthe 18" lips.

I actually think that this is what makes you pull them off better. On the pic of that e30 with the fans, it covers the whole rim/lip and you just see the tyre. Because of your larger lips, you get a good amount of lip visible, which makes it look so good.

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    Never saw this. That is awesome!

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Fabel, I don't know that much more really. And can't take credit for these scans. I knew about the Turbofans, but the few BBS catalogs I personally own, these are not listed.

I found these by simply looking for "BBS catalog" on Flickr. So if you want to see the rest of the pages...

Asim, had a feeling these were 17". Not even sure BBS did larger ones as 'true' 17" centers are the biggest of RS center available.
    Put using these on 18" lips makes it look so good, unlike that Porsche on that catalog scan.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    5.0 (s)
    Fuark, that mockup MParallel posted is tits. The ambers were a nice touch.

My Cars
    2000 BMW E39 540i/6
    Looks sick

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    Was this really two years ago?

And the images are gone...

My Cars
    BMW E87
    sick man

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345