Thread: Shark or Dinan for 2002 2.5?

My Cars
    2002 Z3 2.5

Shark or Dinan for 2002 2.5?

Yeah, it's been gone over time and again with the older models, but I see that there is a shark injector for the 2001/2002 Z3 models.

I'm going with the Dinan CAI and was planning on their software but now that I saw there was a shark out there for it I wanted to run it by you all.

Also, what's the stock rev limit on the 01/02 Z3 2.5s?

Thanks

Did any of you worry about the warranty when you went with Shark?

My Cars
    BMW Z3 2.5i
    If you're concerned about warranty why not go with Dinan's software as well. It may cost you $50 more than the shark injector but will not void warranty (still good to ask your dealer before you do it if you're worried about the warranty).
    The software from both will do the same thing...remove speed cap, and improve throttle response. dyno results are available on both sites and show an improvement of about 8hp physically, and 20hp psychologically
    p.s. and if you go with DINAN you also earn points to get that wonderful coveted badge!!

My Cars
    M Roadster
    If I were you, then I'd probably go with Dinan just to be on the safe side. It will probably cost you $150 more, because it is not a DIY job and your BMW service center will probably charge you about $100 to plug your car in for one minute.

Conforti's software is probably a little more aggressive than Dinan's.

98 ///M Roadster - Sharked, FDK, twin Magnaflows, UUC Stage II Flywheel, OEM M5 Clutch, UUC TME Red & Enforcers, Zimmerman rotors, Cosmos CAI, ProjectorZs w DDE, 6K HIDs, fatter rubber on the corners, UUC Underdrive Pulleys, and Stewart High Performance water pump

My Cars
    2002 Z3 2.5
    Thanks all. I'll be going with Dinan.