eBMWParts

Thread: Whats the best strut for an E46 (2000 328i NOT sport) daily driver?

My Cars
    1995 325i/2000 328i

Whats the best strut for an E46 (2000 328i NOT sport) daily driver?

I'm pretty new to BMW but LOVE the cars. Easy to work on. I have a 2000 328i (not sport) and it is a daily driver. Need new front suspension. Going with Meyle control arm and bushings. I'd like to put on new struts while I'm doing the job. I see a lot of recommendations for Sachs-Boge. Autohausaz shows two types available. One is "For models with sport suspension. 1 per car. Limited Lifetime Warranty. Limited Lifetime Warranty" My car is not a sport.

The other Sachs-Boge is "For E46 chassis models, used primarily on wagon and convertible models, excellent all-around performance. Must replace both left and right struts to maintain original ride stability and performance. 1 per car. Limited Lifetime Warranty. " My 328 is a Sedan.

And I also see recommendations for Bilstein. I know I need to keep as close to OEM to have the intended BMW factory ride. What's the proper choice for a front strut if I just want a nice highway ride?

My Cars
    2003 BMW 330i zhp
    If you desire close to OEM handling, best stick with OEM components! Bilsteins HD's and Koni Sport adjusted to softer settings shouldn't disappoint either...

My Cars
    99 528i 15 Corvette Z51
    Get Bilstein Tourings, they are made to be just like factory, with lifetime warranties
    My 528 is a German Tank..
    My 2008 Chihuahua is Blue deal with it
    Always teaching now getting paid for it.